Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

I’m sure I’m in the minority in this thread but screw a single draft pick.  Screw tanking (not that I think it’s a real option anyway for a professional franchise anyway)

One player is not changing this thing.  

Hoping they go 7-9 and find some magic w the players they have and not dwell on the players they don’t have

2 hours ago, carex said:

you know what, I'm going to make a bold prediction.  No one needs to worry about us picking second or third or fourth.  We are going to pick first as the only two win team in the league.

We will lose out

The Giants will beat us for their third win

The Dolphins will beat the Giants for their third win

The Bengals will go on a tear winning three of five, beating the Jets, the Dolphins and in the season finale to cap a disappointing season for them, the Browns

Dan Snyder will find a way to waste our #1 pick.

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

I’m sure I’m in the minority in this thread but screw a single draft pick.  Screw tanking (not that I think it’s a real option anyway for a professional franchise anyway)

One player is not changing this thing.  

Hoping they go 7-9 and find some magic w the players they have and not dwell on the players they don’t have

You also pick higher in the other 6 rounds as well. So it really isn't about one player. 

3 hours ago, zskins said:

You also pick higher in the other 6 rounds as well. So it really isn't about one player. 

True but bc of

A. this F/O specifically 

and

B.  draft history/results in general

I’m still a hearty, “meh” w regards to draft position angst.

You all have fun w it though.

Skins definitely need to get some value for Trent Williams and fill the gap for that second round pick they gave up.  I do believe that makes the obvious 1st pick a LT.  They have so many holes that they need to make trades and get as many picks as they can.  They need a stud LT and stud OLB.  Kerrigan has seen his best and has never been more than serviceable outside of being a pass rusher.  2020 won't be pretty either and if they do everything right 2021 would be the soonest you could expect a legit change of what's been going on here for many years. 

We will beat the Giants and we will beat them easily. I would rather see this team improve each week on both sides of the ball than hope they lose everything for one player that ends up blowing out both knees walking to the breakfast table. That is known as murphys law. Watching the team win out in strong fashion would be my Chase young......that is known as wishful thinking. Guys gotta have dreams😎

Wanting to lose out isn’t just about the draft pick. We need every incentive to force Snyder to make wholesale changes. With every win, Snyder and Allen might continue to convince themselves they are close. Thus we need to lose.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Wanting to lose out isn’t just about the draft pick. We need every incentive to force Snyder to make wholesale changes. With every win, Snyder and Allen might continue to convince themselves they are close. Thus we need to lose.

I agree....having more loses and tickets selling for $4 dollars will certainly force Snyder's hand.

Also....losing out will give us that #2 pick where a new coach will be more likely to take this job.

We will surely lose to the Panthers and Packers however, the three division games to close out the season concern me. The NFC East is full of losers & quitters. The Giants are the worst team but I actually anticipate them beating us with the least amount of mercy. They are young & thinking of the future. The other two teams are clutching at a cadaver that was once their hopes & dreams and may roll over, leaving an opening for a 5% chance of us winning one of the two by a point IF we play to the best of our ability and return a blocked punt for a TD.

59 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We will surely lose to the Panthers and Packers however

Panthers we have a chance, maybe.  It is supposed to rain early Sunday morning, but if it holds off until game time, we can try to win a mud bowl.

Packers... lol nope. The dream will end there.

The real danger of finishing the season with a handful more wins against mediocre teams is that it will convince Dan that he's on the right track.

What I want to see is good effort by the young guys and Haskins showing that he is learning the pro game and to lose out.  0-5.  I know that makes me sound like a ****ty fan, but winning does us no good and losing can help so much.  We could possibly see the end of the Allen reign and high draft picks.  Who cares if we win the division?  That's like being the strongest guy at band camp.  We'd get killed in the first playoff game, Bruce could make the case to stay another year,  and we'd drop way down the draft order.

Losing is the new winning (at least for us this year)

Archived