Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If 1-2 goes Burrow and Young then I make it known that the #3 pick is up for grabs and hope some team trades the mother lode for Tua.

Ideally, a team picking 5th or 6th would make that move. Then you can pick up some extra picks and not move down too much. But really, if you look at it this way, if they stay at 3, the Redskins then have their pick of the top tackle in the draft to replace Williams. I don't know enough about the prospects and if there is a potential  lock down stud tackle available. But they should be able to have their pick of the tackles in the draft if they pick 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Here's to the start of next Sunday's title being 

'4-12 Finish ......'

Hail. 

I'm surprised no one's started a 4 in a row or we don't go thread.  

I will say the state of the NFCE does add some credence to Bruce's "we're close" mantra.  The other teams in this division are so up and down just staying mediocre/500ish every year gives you a chance at the playoffs every couple years can you can expect the wheels to fall off everyone else.  It happened to the Skins last year after 6-3 start and if they hadn't crapped the bed and started 0-6 it would be feasible this year.    

20 minutes ago, drowland said:

I will say the state of the NFCE does add some credence to Bruce's "we're close" mantra.

If you take the money and picks allocated to Alex Smith and Case Keenum, get just one decent QB (Fitzmagic), and shore up the rest of the team... we'd still be bad, but we might be leading the division.

Even if we had the #1 pick, do you really trust that this regime would make the right pick? And even if they picked someone the fan base thought was good, do you really believe that player would pan out? When was the last time we got a franchise player with our top pick?

Just now, Doctorfro said:

Even if we had the #1 pick, do you really trust that this regime would make the right pick? And even if they picked someone the fan base thought was good, do you really believe that player would pan out? When was the last time we got a franchise player with our top pick?

It really depends on if Bruce is still here next year or not and who is the GM and the coach. 

2 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

That’s a lot of variables

Yup. Just like when we will pick and how the FO and the unknown coach will screw it up.

I just want the higher pick for possible trade war with other teams who want and need Tua or Burrow, or we go with Chase Young instead. 

18 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

sure we will probably screw it up because that’s what this franchise exists to do.

but we have to try and if we are trying we need to get into the best position possible. Maybe Bruce gets fired and by some divine miracle we hire somebody that knows what they are doing. If so, we need to be ready 

1 hour ago, Doctorfro said:

I don't want Allen making the pick. I want him gone. But he's actually done a good job with first round picks. The only recent bust was Doctson, who was McCloughan's pick. Before that it was Griffin who we've covered ad nauseam.  The rest of his picks Williams, Kerrigan, Allen, and Payne were pretty good. (Scherff was a McCloughan pick. Haskins and Sweat it's too early to know). So it's not the 1st round pick that concerns me. Most of us can make that pick. It's every other pick and every other part of building a team that concerns me with Allen. That 1st round pick is just one small part of the equation. The sad thing is, Allen probably touts his first round picks to Snyder non stop as an example of why he's so great and Snyder buys it hook, line, and sinker. When as I said, most people on this board can make that 1st round pick. 

2 hours ago, Tsailand said:

If you take the money and picks allocated to Alex Smith and Case Keenum, get just one decent QB (Fitzmagic), and shore up the rest of the team... we'd still be bad, but we might be leading the division.

It’s like winning gold in the special Olympics

10 hours ago, drowland said:

I'm surprised no one's started a 4 in a row or we don't go thread.  

Those were fun times Coach' second go-around, weren't they?

The excitement of winning out the run-in from being well out of the paloff picture after Sean's tragic passing to getting in the dance was just the tonic everyone needed. And with Todd F Collins at QB too! 

One of his greatest Coaching accomplishments. Which is saying something from the Great Man. 

Hail. 

I never expected us to be Carolina. I'm glad to see the team playing better and improving. That said, I'm sticking with my 4-12 prediction. That was my call in April.

I'm not sure if we have any more wins left in us, but the defense seems (against two bad teams) to have figured something out. Haskins is making strides and the Peterson/Guice combo seems pretty good. Not sure if the Giants can summon any wins. Jones must have fallen back to earth in a major way.

I thought they'd lose yesterday but in a close game.  Carolina has been spiraling.  I don't think this is a good team but I do think Guice-Peterson is a handful for any team that struggles to stop the run and that would include Carolina.

I think we got a shot to beat NY.  They have a stout DT lineup but otherwise little else on D.   Jones has been up and down.  He's played well in some of their losses.  He's not IMO their top problem.  It's more Barkley looking very mortal this season.

I am hoping we lose out to get rid of Bruce and improve draft position but i think we go 1-3.

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought they'd lose yesterday but in a close game.  Carolina has been spiraling.  I don't think this is a good team but I do think Guice-Peterson is a handful for any team that struggles to stop the run and that would include Carolina.

I think we got a shot to beat NY.  They have a stout DT lineup but otherwise little else on D.   Jones has been up and down.  He's played well in some of their losses.  He's not IMO their top problem.  It's more Barkley looking very mortal this season.

I am hoping we lose out to get rid of Bruce and improve draft position but i think we go 1-3.

The Redskins have a good shot at beating any of the NFC-E teams at this time.  The Giants killed the Skins last time, but they are pure garbage at this time. They have been terrible since that win vs. Skins.  The Eagles are good at times but equally as horrendous at other times.  They could easily lay an egg vs. Redskins. Finally the Boys game is the season finale.  By that time the Cowboys could have clinched the NFC-E but also have clinched worst NFC record for current playoff teams.  They may have nothing to play for so might rest some guys.

At this time it appears that the only certainty is that the Packers will beat the Redskins.  Also there are currently 11 teams with 4 wins or less so the Redskins could wind up with a very mediocre pick.  I am not so concerned about that - just do the best you can with the picks.  My bigger concern is that the recent so-so success will bail out Allen & give him a few more seasons with this team. 

A decent organization would view this recent success as an indication that even greater things are possible if they had a real football mind running the FO. These clowns will view this as vindication for Allen & blame previous failures on Gruden & some of the players.  I truly hope that I am wrong.

10 minutes ago, dicksogj said:

The Redskins have a good shot at beating any of the NFC-E teams at this time.  The Giants killed the Skins last time, but they are pure garbage at this time. They have been terrible since that win vs. Skins. 

I've watched all their games.  They played miles better than we did against the Jets.    I flat out suggested they likely beat the Giants. That's where the 1 win is coming from in my prediction.

The Eagles are good at times but equally as horrendous at other times.  They could easily lay an egg vs. Redskins.

It's possible they lay an egg against the Redskins.   If they come with their A game though they should win in front of a home crowd at Fed Ex. 

A decent organization would view this recent success as an indication that even greater things are possible if they had a real football mind running the FO. These clowns will view this as vindication for Allen & blame previous failures on Gruden & some of the players.  I truly hope that I am wrong.

That's my fear.  The constant refrain that beat guys have said when checking with their sources is Bruce needs a little run to save his job and if that run happens his job indeed will be secure.  And I think the definition of a run is small, I think 2-2 would do it.   No one loves celebrating close -- means 8-8 more than Dan-Bruce it seems.  

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've watched all their games.  They played miles better than we did against the Jets.    I flat out suggested they likely beat the Giants. That's where the 1 win is coming from in my prediction.

It's possible they lay an egg against the Redskins.   If they come with their A game though they should win in front of a home crowd at Fed Ex. 

That's my fear.  The constant refrain that beat guys have said when checking with their sources is Bruce needs a little run to save his job and if that run happens his job indeed will be secure.  And I think the definition of a run is small, I think 2-2 would do it.   No one loves celebrating close -- means 8-8 more than Dan-Bruce it seems.  

1. As for Giants - doesn't matter how either team played vs common opponents.  You can't count on anything with bad teams.  Either one of them may not show up on a given day or either of them could have players who have a career day.  Look at yesterday - you had bad teams prevail in several circumstances.

2. Don't get me wrong about the Eagles.  I basically agree with your take. Like I said they have been both impressive & terrible at various pts of the season (beating GB & BUF yet losing to ATL, DET & MIA).  The venue also doesn't seem to matter to either of these teams so I would discount that.  Whether the Eagles should win is irrelevant. 

3. Yep - very short sighted which is the norm for this organization. A good organization always strives to get better & is not content with limited success.  Let' say they  finish 6-10.  A good organization would think "What did we do wrong at the beginning of the season?".  This team is like "See - we knew we were this good - we just have to stick w/ the plan & next season things will be fine". 

You see this even when this team makes the playoffs.  They don't appear to build off that success but rather get complacent while also making poor moves to pretty much ensure that their success will be short term.  It is why it is tough for most fans to ever believe that this team will have long term success (& why any current wins are bittersweet since they help keep Allen in DC).

Dont buy into the team playing well all of a sudden.  It's fools gold.  Nobody takes this team seriously, especially the opposing team.  These wins actually hurt the team long term. They cant even lose properly, more proof that Allen and Snyder are completely inept football people.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:14 AM, stoshuaj said:

Hoping they go 7-9 and find some magic w the players they have and not dwell on the players they don’t have

Boom, 1 down.

When does the “for how long should Dan extend Bruce Allen” thread start?

too soon?

Archived