Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is the very reason I turned so quickly after Haskins was benched. I learned my lesson defending Griffin. I will no longer ignore the evidence in front of me for what I want to happen.

As one of the last Griffin defenders I kind of feel this way as well. I'm tired of convincing myself that what I'm seeing isn't the truth, not making that mistake again.

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

As one of the last Griffin defenders I kind of feel this way as well. I'm tired of convincing myself that what I'm seeing isn't the truth, not making that mistake again.

I still think RGIII would have been very good if not for the injury in the ravens game.  Turn left and run out of bounds or turn right and have your knee crushed😫

If Haskins makes the team next year, I will keep the faith until mid season or until a clearer picture develops.

Grant Paulsen posted some interesting stats on Twitter this afternoon - even with this somewhat uneven performance Allen outperformed 90% of Haskins games overall - and his drive sustainability was better than any Haskins led game.  Allen is the better QB by almost any measurable stat and obviously from the eye test.  Yes, we lost, but Allen did not do weird stuff on social media, get carted off the field with a "sprained ankle",  make strange excuses in the press conference or any of the other embarrassing garbage "Simba" did.  Thankfully, its over, he will likely never play another snap for this ball club barring injury.  At least Allen plays with heart, and contrary to what "Scott Turner" (fire him too btw) says, I will never begrudge a player putting their body on the line to keep a drive alive.  All said, as my friend above said, there are only non football reasons to want "Simba' back on the field

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is the very reason I turned so quickly after Haskins was benched. I learned my lesson defending Griffin. I will no longer ignore the evidence in front of me for what I want to happen.

Same here.  I recall when Cooley said early on that he heard Doctson was a quiet dude and there was some questions about him being homesick and not loving football, etc.   i was defensive of Doctson.  But then on reflection, how they heck do I know what kind of a dude Doctson is?  My take on him is purely based on emotion, I liked the pick, (and I was wrong about that) but I knew nothing about Doctson the person.  Cooley likes to say all the time that being in the locker room with many guys, he learned personality-drive was a key factor for success or lack thereof. 

No one here knows Haskins.  No one can vouch for him, like he's their BFF.    So when you got a ton of sources both connected to the WFT and those not connected to the WFT echoing the same stuff about Haskins yeah the odds are pretty darn good that its true.  you got two different regimes here.  The FO.  Other personnel guys from other teams being quoted. And an Ohio State reporter.  Some draft geeks. 

And for some (not you) to digest all of that collectively and flat out ignore it completely to me is just wild.   I've had my share of draft crushes.  But heck lets say I heard similar reports about Antonio Gibson, who I loved predraft, I wouldn't just shrug them all off and call it character assassination.  Why would all those sources just make things up for no reason?  I'd believe them because albiet I like Gibson as a player -- I have no idea what kind of person he is.  So no lets say I wouldn't assume a reporter from Memphis, draft geeks, personnel people from other teams, two different regimes are just making it all up for kicks and benching him for jollies.   Clearly that's not the case with Gibson in reality.  But yeah I don't care what player it is if there was all those smoke about them being immature and not the hardest worker -- i would believe it.  It would be one thing if it was just some random source without anyone agreeing -- but this is a collection of sources from a wide gamut. 

42 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

I will never begrudge a player putting their body on the line to keep a drive alive

If there was ever a fanbase that knew the value of not having your QB getting mangled week in and week out it would be this one. How many broken legs/shattered knees is enough.

I'm all fine and good picking up the pieces of other teams QBs after a game but zombie does not want/need any more company from the ghost of more WSH QBs.

Kyle Allen did a better job of protecting himself this week compared to last, but that is honestly the number 1 thing that has to continue for him moving forward. Otherwise the dude will be paste and he wont even get a chance to do anything. Availability is best ability, never take yourself out of a game.

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If there was ever a fanbase that knew the value of not having your QB getting mangled week in and week out it would be this one. How many broken legs/shattered knees is enough.

I'm all fine and good picking up the pieces of other teams QBs after a game but zombie does not want/need any more company from the ghost of more WSH QBs.

Kyle Allen did a better job of protecting himself this week compared to last, but that is honestly the number 1 thing that has to continue for him moving forward. Otherwise the dude will be paste and he wont even get a chance to do anything. Availability is best ability, never take yourself out of a game.

Allen was seeing ghosts. He scrambled out of clean pockets. He left a lot on the field. Improvement over Haskins but gotta keep the eyes down the field. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

giphy.gif

I was being told about Galactus coming in Fortnite and how you can see him with a Sniper Rifle Scope while simultaneously being told that cafeterias are for eating food (why this was a topic I don’t know).

I started reading prior to their desire to speak to me at the same time and I tried to soldier through. Miserable failure.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see us signing Cam. If Rivera wanted him he would have signed him this past offseason when his market value was dirt cheap.

He told Dan he would give Haskins a shot. Cam wasn’t coming in to groom a first round heir. Ron had to play and be done with Haskins first. Now it’s a clean slate. 

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

What other factors are you referring to?🤷‍♂️

If you were following the conversation earlier we were discussing if you follow the main redskin Facebook group you’ll see among the fans how racial the situation is becoming.  That group has become absolutely toxic with Allen being called the white savior and people labeled racists for criticizing Haskins.  But what’s just as ridiculous is the amount of articles coming out since Haskins benching calling the move a racial move.  Numerous articles saying if he was white he would get much more time.   Like people totally forgot Chicago benched their QB at 2-0.  Unfortunately it was so predictable in the current climate that this would happen in response.  What quite a few of us are saying is how easily we forget Griffin got every and any excuse for his poor play.  We all made excuses for him.  Kirk use to get torn apart.  I wasn’t a Kirk guy by any means but he took crazy heat compared to Griffin.  

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see us signing Cam. If Rivera wanted him he would have signed him this past offseason when his market value was dirt cheap.

I don't think Cam would sign here while Turner is here if he has other options.

1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Like people totally forgot Chicago benched their QB at 2-0.

Trubisky started for three seasons prior to this one you know.

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Honestly, how is that even news? If they consider us a threat, they can fix that very easily, by uhh ohh i dont know, re-signing him?? 

Cam is getting run into the ground by them. I think he’ll want away. He has said that his move there was business only and he didn’t relocate his family. Rivera made a mistake this offseason, not sure he’ll miss that swing again.

Plus, if NE finish middle of the pack, I can see Belichick making an aggressive move in the draft for a QB.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't think Cam would sign here while Turner is here if he has other options.

Trubisky started for three seasons prior to this one you know.

That doesn’t take away from the fact that the Bears made the move they saw as necessary even with having their best start in years. Haskins has earned nothing.  Being a first rounder doesn’t give him a starting spot.  Any other QB with his numbers here would be dragged through the mud and everyone would be yelling g for a change except Griffin who got every benefit of the doubt. 

Archived