Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

This has been my position from the start. It appears Ron thought he could develop him but then as things were not going well Haskins poor attitude began to resurface and Ron decided he was not riding that train with someone who was not even playing well. Better to move on. 

I still think the two biggest factors in Ron's decision were his agent's tweet and the abysmal shape of the NFC East. I could add in a 3rd factor of a generic "behind the scenes shtuff" that none of us know about but half of us post as if we do lol...

However, I lose confidence in Ron's thinking on football matters almost weekly now, which is unfortunate. His answer as to why he didn't kick the extra point at the end of the Giants game is just mindbogglingly confusing.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This has been my position from the start. It appears Ron thought he could develop him but then as things were not going well Haskins poor attitude began to resurface and Ron decided he was not riding that train with someone who was not even playing well. Better to move on. 

That's most likely how it went down. Ron pointing out all his mistakes in the first two games, and Haskins having an attitude and not working or preparing hard enough to fix them. Then the mistakes kept popping up in the following games, and Ron was like eff this, you're now inactive and basically a ball boy. 

Brian Flores just benched Ryan Fitzpatrick for Tua.  The Dolphins are currently in 2nd place, 1 game behind the division lead.  Tua is the unknown, whereas you know what you're getting with Fitzpatrick.  It's like the complete opposite of what we are doing with Haskins/Allen, although I'd say that Allen is definitely more unknown than Fitzpatrick.  

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

No true. Your making an assumption he doesn’t want Cam. He had to end any hope in the bust first. Now if he passes on Cam this off-season you will be correct. However, Ron was not in a position to end Haskins before he even gave him a chance. He had to do this dance for Dan and Dan Jrs sake. Now he has a clean slate. Signing Cam would not have been seen as giving Haskins a fair shake. 

What you are saying doesn't make any sense either. He could have still brought in Cam and had Haskins as the backup and would have told Danny boy look let's Haskins sit and if Cam falters we will put Haskins in. Dan wants to win a championship and whatever it takes to get one. Pretty sure he would have been onboard with that especially with Gibbs chatting with both of them and giving them advice. 

Why take Cam in the offseason when he could have had for cheap. 

Ron passed on Cam and brought in Allen instead. 

Edited by zskins
4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Does that come with a side or do you think the trade becomes unbalanced? 

Trade was done over the phone. They thought they were getting wine. But we said it comes with unlimited whine. So there’s that to work through. 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

What you are saying doesn't make any sense either. He could have still brought in Cam and had Haskins as the backup and would have told Danny boy look let's Haskins sit and if Cam falters we will put Haskins in. Dan wants to win a championship and whatever it takes to get one. Pretty sure he would have been onboard with that especially with Gibbs chatting with both of them and giving them advice. 

You don’t bring in the former NFL MVP not to start. Would have never been possible. All hope in Haskins needed to be shattered first that part is complete.

Edited by SoCalSkins
3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Brian Flores just benched Ryan Fitzpatrick for Tua.  The Dolphins are currently in 2nd place, 1 game behind the division lead.  Tua is the unknown, whereas you know what you're getting with Fitzpatrick.  It's like the complete opposite of what we are doing with Haskins/Allen, although I'd say that Allen is definitely more unknown than Fitzpatrick.  

This is Tua's first ride.  Keenum was also benched for Haskins last year. 

Their owner, Ross, didn't override the FO and coaching staff and took Tua against their objections.  Tua also is a more touted prospect.  So the two situations are apples to oranges.  

• Like 2
Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Their owner, Ross, didn't override the FO and coaching staff and took Tua against their objections.  Tua also is a more touted prospect.  So the two situations are apples to oranges.  

Only thing we’ll get when Tua plays well is people here saying, “Young stinks! Why didn’t we take Tu’a?!?”

Then I’ll be like, “well, some of us wondered if we should consider Tua at 2... but we didn’t and still don’t think Young stinks... and those of us that floated that possibility got lambasted by the ES contingency”

:ols:

• Thanks 3
Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Washington didn't have a shot to win the division last year.  The Dolphins do.  It's not a commentary on anything, just an interesting observation.  Rivera is trying to win a weak division and Flores seems to be ready to get his rookie quarterback some experience.  I'm not sure which one I agree with more.  

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Washington didn't have a shot to win the division last year.  The Dolphins do.  It's not a commentary on anything, just an interesting observation.  Rivera is trying to win a weak division and Flores seems to be ready to get his rookie quarterback some experience.  I'm not sure which one I agree with more.  

Well, sure. But we don’t know context, right? Maybe Tua is lighting it up in practice and they decided they can’t deny the guy anymore. 

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You don’t bring in the former NFL MVP not to start. Would have never been possible. All hope in Haskins needed to be shattered first that part is complete.

That is why I said he could brought in Cam and Haskins as the backup. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cam would have been a good influence here for Haskins. Would have given Haskins the chance to learn the game.

Sadly, I think Haskins would have been defensive towards such a move and would not have taken full advantage of the situation, pretty much like what has happened anyway.

Rivera was an idiot if he really did allow himself to be talked out of bringing Cam in during the offseason.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I am in the camp of I do not take the win the division stuff literally and Rivera was just giving a nice excuse as coaches tend to do for the benching. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Well, sure. But we don’t know context, right? Maybe Tua is lighting it up in practice and they decided they can’t deny the guy anymore. 

My guess would be he's practicing well and learning the playbook, as well as the Jets being the next opponent.  

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Only thing we’ll get when Tua plays well is people here saying, “Young stinks! Why didn’t we take Tu’a?!?”

Then I’ll be like, “well, some of us wondered if we should consider Tua at 2... but we didn’t and still don’t think Young stinks... and those of us that floated that possibility got lambasted by the ES contingency”

:ols:

Or if Tua struggles, we will get look they keep playing him in spite of it.  Then we get a litany of every Qb that started terrible and reached greatness as if playing poorly early is a good omen for future success. 

Bottom line is Haskins was Snyder’s pick and no one wants anything to do with him after two years and three HCs. I can’t say for certain his time in DC is up but I’d venture a guess that it is. Hopefully sooner rather than later so this thread can get closed for a new OSU QB 🤣☹️

• Like 2

Tua also known as a dude with through the roof intangibles.  i know some claim all of that stuff is a conspiracy running deep and far.  But lets say its true.  And lets say Tua's reputation also on that front is true.  Both Haskins' benching and Tua starting make plenty of sense. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am in the camp of I do not take the win the division stuff literally and Rivera was just giving a nice excuse as coaches tend to do for the benching. 

The quality of his excuses though? Eeek. To be honest, I thought he’d be the opposite of one to make excuses. I understand coach speak, but he goes beyond that and ego appears attached to some responses (complete conjecture). 

Hope hes crushing it behind the scenes with relationship building because in the public he’s struggling mightily, IMO. His lone elite coaching trait is relationship building and I hope it wasn’t stripped away by having ultimate power and say so in an organization.

Tougher to be a players coach when your the end all be all in all personnel. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ron said before the season that "circumstances" weren't right to pick up Cam. He did not go on to elaborate what those circumstances were but he did mention Haskins development. I personally think the circumstances were the team was going to be rebuilding and Cam didn't want that. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The quality of his excuses though? Eeek. To be honest, I thought he’d be the opposite of one to make excuses. I understand coach speak, but he goes beyond that and ego appears attached to some responses (complete conjecture). 

Hope hes crushing it behind the scenes with relationship building because in the public he’s struggling mightily, IMO. His lone elite coaching trait is relationship building and I hope it wasn’t stripped away by having ultimate power and say so in an organization.

Tougher to be a players coach when your the end all be all in all personnel. 

For me he's been fine.  For a coach in my book its not about how good does the coach speak come off to fans.  If some fans think its a mixed message and they aren't buying it -- that's fine, its up each individual to take it in anyway they'd like.  The key is the locker room.  And at least based on what some beat guys have heard and some based on players comments -- they love Rivera.

As much as it bothers some here that Rivera benched Haskins.  He explained it to the locker room including to one story.  And according to multiple "leaks" some players were put off by Haskins' behavior and if so i don't think they'd see Rivera reacting to it as a bad move. 

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

No dude he couldn’t. He had to end Haskins uncertainty particularly given Dan’s personal involvement. Now it’s a clean slate. 

Under no circumstances should our coach have to show the owner his selection is bad.  I think Snyder’s work speaks for itself. Only thing our FO should be doing is figuring out what players Ron wants and how to get them otherwise he can’t fairly judge him. 

• TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic