Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So he’s supposed to just show up at the game even though he’s throwing up? Seriously? a stomach virus could spread to the others, i doubt rivera wants any of the other players to catch it. 

Are you that naive to think he actually has a stomach virus the morning of the game he was just demoted to 3rd string for? Come on man.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Are you that naive to think he actually has a stomach virus the morning of the game he was just demoted to 3rd string for? Come on man.

It’s not “naive”, it’s called having sympathy. The man is throwing up. Team doctors sent him home. It’s an actual thing. This isn’t him faking it. 

3 minutes ago, method man said:

That’s a moronic retort. Allen got here at 22 and Payne got here at 21. Both guys at that younger age have shown eons more professionalism than Dwayne at 23...see what I did there

Because learning from a consummate professional like Ryan Kerrigan, and being rotated in and out of a UNIT, is the same as being the starting QB...who was afforded no such luxuries (or even the benefit of being developed).  And being a DT is a lot less low profile.  

It sure would've been nice if we had a Ryan Kerrigan like QB, that could've pushed Haskins on and off the field.  (Before you bring Alex up, he was rehabbing).   

If you're referring to the Coaches' decision not to fight to the last timeout in the games that Washington was multiple scores behind... That would have been a good questions for the media to ask. 

I'm recounting what I took away from the presser, in regards to disrespecting Haskins.

While I want to see a "never-say-die" attitude when Washington is down a couple of scores in the last few minutes of the games -- the offense I've seen is primarily a time-consuming dink&dunk offense and not very explosive.  I'm not very confident that the offense can protect long enough for long passes needed for quick points.  But I think he should have tried, like they did at the end in the Ravens game.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me its simple.  

If you think Haskins is very unlikely to be a franchise QB and the kicker is you don't think he has the intangibles to make it happen.  It's not loony at all not even a whit.  Why waste more time? 

This is critical for me. I'm sick of the team wasting time on lame ducks. Gruden was so obviously out last season so why on Earth was he coaching? Get rid at the end of the prior season and move on. Kirk clearly wasn't good enough and constantly proved he didn't want to be here. Why did we bother playing on with him for 2 years when he didn't want anything to do with the franchise? We should have cut bait when it became clear he had no interest in a long term deal.

If this is the end of the road for Haskins, I'm at peace with that. Good luck to the kid, but regardless of if he can succeed somewhere else, it seems clear to most that he can't/won't succeed here. I'd much rather cut bait now than 2.5 years further down the line. If he ain't it then he ain't it.

2 minutes ago, megared said:

Because learning from a consummate professional like Ryan Kerrigan, and being rotated in and out of a UNIT, is the same as being the starting QB...who was afforded no such luxuries (or even the benefit of being developed).  And being a DT is a lot less low profile.  

It sure would've been nice if we had a Ryan Kerrigan like QB, that could've pushed Haskins on and off the field.  (Before you bring Alex up, he was rehabbing).   

Colt McCoy and Case Keenum seem like pretty good professionals to me.  Good enough that Cleveland and NyG wanted both as their backups respectively.  

2 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

If you're referring to the Coaches' decision not to fight to the last timeout in the games that Washington was multiple scores behind... That would have been a good questions for the media to ask. 

He conceded man.  Dallas doesn't have their improbable comeback week 2, if McCarthy packs it up, OR doesn't properly manage the clock.    

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Cali it’s a brutally sardonic tongue in cheek comment. 

Yeah, I got that was the goal lol...but it ends up taking aim at the wrong target.

If you're saying it's a good thing the starting QB got reps this week...it's being cynical against how practices are run.

If you said "It's a good thing Allen was named starter this week, what with Haskins getting the flu and all", that would have been better.

(and "you" meaning any of us, not you specifically lol...I know you didn't post that)

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Colt McCoy and Case Keenum seem like pretty good professionals to me.  Good enough that Cleveland and NyG wanted both as their backups respectively.  

But they aren't good enough players to justify playing in front of him.  (Note:  I'm guessing the same is true of Allen). 

If the work ethic stuff is true, you allow him to learn from professionals (not from the practice squad) BEFORE he ever sees the field.  You don't hope & pray he's turned a corner AND hinge your season on it.  

2 minutes ago, megared said:

He conceded man.  Dallas doesn't have their improbable comeback week 2, if McCarthy packs it up, OR doesn't properly manage the clock.    

Sheehan was saying this same thing at the time on twitter...he seemed rather pissed off. Said somegthing like "So Ron's just conceding the game? This is not a good look."

Your head coach is battling cancer and getting aggressive treatment and he shows up without complaint.  Gets IVs at halftime when necessary.  You are getting paid millions by the team who invested a first round pick in you and you pout like a baby and say you have an ouchie in your tummy so you’re staying home? That’s your level of commitment to professionalism and your craft? Just mind boggling.  

Haskins was always going to get a sorely needed humbling at some point. It should have been during the 2019 draft, but instead it's now. 

He can sulk and pout his way out of the NFL, or he can put the chip on his shoulder and get to work on learning how to be a successful QB. It's entirely up to him; there'll be teams that want him.

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Your head coach is battling cancer and getting aggressive treatment and he shows up without complaint.  Gets IVs at halftime when necessary.  You are getting paid millions by the team who invested a first round pick in you and you pout like a baby and say you have an ouchie in your tummy so you’re staying home? That’s your level of commitment to professionalism and your craft? Just mind boggling.  

Its not an “ouchie on his tummy”, all reports are he’s been throwing up the past 48 hours, and the team decided to send him home (probably from the team hotel) before the team left for the stadium. It’s not an ouchie. It’s a stomach virus. 

11 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, I got that was the goal lol...but it ends up taking aim at the wrong target.

If you're saying it's a good thing the starting QB got reps this week...it's being cynical against how practices are run.

If you said "It's a good thing Allen was named starter this week, what with Haskins getting the flu and all", that would have been better.

(and "you" meaning any of us, not you specifically lol...I know you didn't post that)

It was quite sarcastic. It was “Gee... good thing Allen got reps, considering if Haskins was still the starter, he’d be “out sick” today.”

That would be boring, though.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

It's not even a road game. Unless dude literally can't stop crapping his pants, this is just a terrible look for him. I think he's a good kid, but someone has to get to through to him or he's going to be out of the league soon.

He LITERALLY can’t stop throwing up. Plenty of other things to **** on the dude for. This ain’t one of them. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He LITERALLY can’t stop throwing up. Plenty of other things to **** on the dude for. This ain’t one of them. 

LMAO 

Do you have some kind of proof other than the team said so?

As the great George Carlin would say, get ****in real.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Its not an “ouchie on his tummy”, all reports are he’s been throwing up the past 48 hours, and the team decided to send him home (probably from the team hotel) before the team left for the stadium. It’s not an ouchie. It’s a stomach virus. 

You're right, its the smart thing to do, keep him isolated to avoid spreading the bug. 

In a completely unrelated post I have something for sale if you're interested. 

1.9 million but that price is negotiable. 

topic-golden-gate-bridge-gettyimages-177770941.jpg.9f6b1047dc01ed9a1819f443ccc17ee3.jpg

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s the equivalent of an ouchie in your tummy on a professional team. You think Ron Rivera who played for Ditka views it as more?

And the gullibility of believing he’s actually sick is equally laughable. Of course the team would state that. You have an asset in death spiral you want to salvage for anything you can get for it. 

Archived