Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

But if you’re handpicked by the owner and according to you we have to hate anyone handpicked by him, will you admit to hating yourself?

That’s not a football player evaluation decision he would be making. It would be simply recognizing executive genius. 

On 10/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

ld 

Dwayne Haskins should be starting immediately.   The Bengals announced that Ryan Finley, 4th Round draft pick, will be starting.  I'm sure the Bengals don't exactly have a stellar offensive line and playmakers, but they're putting him out there anyways.   I'm so sick and tired of all the people who say Haskins shouldn't start because he's not in a situation to succeed.  Give me a break - most teams who draft in the top 15 weren't very good the year before.  Simplify the playbook, put him out there, see how he competes, see how he leads.  It's a lost season - time to see what he's got.   We're not going to "ruin him" or whatever if things don't go well.  That is just such nonsense.    

4 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

Dad was a Vikings fan 

🙏

The loss to the Saints was one of the more brutal sporting events I’ve ever taken in; had they won that game, he’d have seen his son in that Super Bowl. His son is in the FO in Indi. Minnesota beat the crap out of N.O., but they just kept fumbling the ball all game long.

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Hall implying that Haskins is an epic bust is telling and depressing because of how close Hall is to guys still in the locker room.

He actually didn’t imply that, for one. 

And again he he flat out said that Trent told him that he would be back “soon” in week 2. He’s not as connected as he says he is, and no one is a bust at 22 attempts no matter what D hall says 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

If hes such a bust why isnt anyone saying it in the national media? Or are you just the only smart guy on the planet? 

For the same reason you don't hear anyone saying he is going to be a good QB in the NFL. Too much dirty laundry to clean that would have to be proved instead of just basically knowing with the eye test.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

DHall said he wants further proof to know what they have. In other words he’s a bust and needs confirmation.

its not that hard guys. You have eyes. Haskins has thrown Interceptions in nearly 20% of his passes. Doesn’t understand basics of his own playbook to such an abysmal degree that he gets called out for it by his teammates in person and in the media.

if there is a quarterback bust checklist, Haskins has hit every one of the requisite milestones. 

The dude is the most epic bust we have ever had. It’s is so blatantly obvious that I’m shocked there is even a discussion. Granted it’s so early but he has been so putrid and horrid in every way that you can literally give up on him after 22 passes and be nearly certain he will never make it in the NFL.

Yes it's clear he is a bust. A total bust. But remember there are even some people who will play music and put on a happy face while the boat they are on

( Titanic ) is sinking. Some don't believe the world is round ( kyrie Irvin ) or that shiz stinks  ( flys ) or the power of the one ( James Brown ) or that Haskins is a sure enough bust  ( Bruce and friends )          

Well now its up to Trent and Dwayne to help each other. If Trent can get back into football shape and convince Callahan that he can protect the QB, then there is no reason not to start Haskins. If Haskins gets protection and looks like the QB from OSU, then Trent looks good and can increase the likelihood Bruce gets a can't miss offer. Trent gets outta town in 2020, Haskins shows he's an NFL QB, everybody wins!

I hope with time he develops, but Haskins looks totally lost. He split reps during training so he should have some kind of a clue but it does not appear so. I would like to see him more engaged with the qb and coaches on the sideline, maybe carry a clipboard. Also his body language on the field needs some energy.

Remember during training camp when the DBs were getting plenty of interceptions? I wondered if it was the great cb play or poor qb play.

Again, I hope he develops into a great qb, but I don't think he is even close to being ready to step on the field.  

58 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If we hire a new coach for next year that basically means Haskins has to learn 4 systems in 2 years. I wonder if the plan is to lure Urban Meyer out of retirement.

*attempt to learn. 

He hasn’t learned anything this year.... 😂

I am actually all in for Urban Meyer. Otherwise we will get a Jim Zorn scrub. Plus if Urban dumps Haskins no one will bat an eye. It’s probably the best case scenario for the coaching search. If by some miracle Urban gets Haskins to perform at an NFL level, he should be inducted into Canton immediately as the greatest coach of all time. 

Archived