Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Very different prospects imo. 

Campbell struggled to process the mental side of the game. Having a ton of different coordinators didn’t help. He had a lot of things going for him but the lacked the ability to process the game, couple that with a slow release and he just couldn’t ever be the pocket passer he needed to be.

haskins has severe accuracy issues so far in the nfl because his fundamentals are ****. He is lazy concerning his mechanics and has a bad attitude in that regard. His coaching has been poor as well.

Campbell was a check down machine. Haskins isn’t afraid to show you how crappy he really is... 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This is Josh's 2nd year get a clue bud. Haskins hasn't even started a whole game yet. Hell he hasn't even played with a tie ball game yet. He gets throw into games he's behind in and had no 1st team reps at all week. Pretty big damn difference.

A QB at this level should know how to hand the ball off.  

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This is Josh's 2nd year get a clue bud. Haskins hasn't even started a whole game yet. Hell he hasn't even played with a tie ball game yet. He gets throw into games he's behind in and had no 1st team reps at all week. Pretty big damn difference.

Haskins is pure trash. 4 picks in 3 quarters of play. Stick a fork in him. He’s done...

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

because the owner made the trash pick and will hire a scrub coach willing to roll with this loser as qb. Not to mention the fact he cost us a first round pick in the top first half of the first round of the draft...

So your solution to going 1-7 is...... to fire the only player who hasn't been involved in going 1-7.

I like this strategy. Go to war with 3 generals. 2 of them screw up badly, so you fire the third general who hasn't been involved in any of the battles until they were already lost.

I'll give you credit. It does send a message. Not the message I think you want to send, but it certainly sends a clear message.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Campbell was a check down machine. Haskins isn’t afraid to show you how crappy he really is... 

At least JC could throw a simple out.  Haskins can't even complete wide open outs (dude missed a sure TD against the Giants).  

Make it official, give him the job outright. Let him prepare and practice with the ones, and play the actual games with him being the man. After 3 weeks let’s take another look and see where he is at.

Right now he’s not seeing the field and is a bit overwhelmed. Not completely abnormal for a rook. He has 0 REAL confidence right now. Let him taste a little success, which he is bound to if it’s his job.  #committothekid

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Lol. Were you here for the QB war threads back then? There was a SoCal  screenname along with BLC who pushed the anti Jason Campbell agenda. I was on their side most of the time but it got wild on ES before the mods got control of it

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

To be fair, his first pass was a checkdown. That checkdown just sort of had a guy draped over him like a closed curtain.

22 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

And you're a garbage fan.

Note that

Rule 5, fellas. Come on now. 

Take a day off for this one, brother.

Let’s tone it down in here in general. If you’re emotional right now just take a breath and don’t post. 

1 minute ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lol. We’re you here for the QB war threads back then? There was a SoCal  screenname along with BLC who pushed the anti Jason Campbell agenda. I was on their side most of the time but it got wild on ES before the mods got control of it

I have been here from the start... 

4 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This is Josh's 2nd year get a clue bud. Haskins hasn't even started a whole game yet. Hell he hasn't even played with a tie ball game yet. He gets throw into games he's behind in and had no 1st team reps all week. Pretty big damn difference.

Gamers game. That's the bottom line for me. 

Everyone here wants a team they can be proud of, and I'm sure Haskins is a good dude, but the reality is you're just making excuses for the guy. If he played for the cowboys you'd be happy 😂

4 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Lol. We’re you here for the QB war threads back then? There was a SoCal  screenname along with BLC who pushed the anti Jason Campbell agenda. I was on their side most of the time but it got wild on ES before the mods got control of it

the brunell vs ramsey threads were epic too 👀😂

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Keenum is starting if he recovers from the concussion. Callahan was just crystal clear about it.

Probably the right move for now.  But how will Haskins ever get up to speed, for us to see what we really have?  I don’t think this is being handled well.

Just now, illone said:

the brunell vs ramsey threads were epic too 👀😂

Lol.  I can imagine.

At this point, you really start to wonder about the idea of starting the Longhorn, and preserving that new car smell on Haskins, just in case hes not our guy.... Because, yikes. Dont wanna get any ketchup stains on him if they're so adamant about him not being ready (which I now wholeheartedly believe, which makes me wonder why Colt isn't the backup and Haskins is).

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This is Josh's 2nd year get a clue bud. Haskins hasn't even started a whole game yet. Hell he hasn't even played with a tie ball game yet. He gets throw into games he's behind in and had no 1st team reps all week. Pretty big damn difference.

There is a laundry list of back-up QBs in the league over the last 20+ years who stepped in and actually did a good, if not great jobs.

Hec, that's how Cousins got his first start; remember against the Ravens?

Besides, he wasn't " thrown in ", he was their back-up. A back-up has to be ready to come in at any time. But I agree to a degree, he hasn't had much learning time, but when he's sitting on the bench, looking around, instead of looking at defensive photos, play designs, and even making an attempt to TRY and learn anything, but no, he just sat there.

He will never learn anything that way.

Even in college, he had to have been blitzed before, but he looked like me out there; clueless. Bad footwork, and his few passes he did make, he made up his mind before the snap where he was gonna throw, and they were to receivers who were blanketed and could have been picked off.

Sorry, there's no way I could defend what I saw on the field tonight. He looked as un-prepared as I've ever seen a QB coming off the bench.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Haskins struggles for sure.

Kinda related but not totally, I thought  young OC called a nice game tonight. Solid plan. Makes me feel better about him getting some juice outta Haskins.

It must be way more difficult than it seems.  But, why not more WR screens?  Get the ball to your best player (McLaurin).  Use I formation and let AP run out of that from time to time since he likes it.  Try some Sims at wide out maybe.  It seems like they are not trying hard enough.

6 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Probably the right move for now.  But how will Haskins ever get up to speed, for us to see what we really have?  I don’t think this is being handled well.

You already know what we have. A complete bust. He will never get up to speed. Ever. Get over it. Name a comparable comparison where the result wasn’t a complete bust.... You can’t. 

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

It must be way more difficult than it seems.  But, why not more WR screens?  Get the ball to your best player (McLaurin).  Use I formation and let AP run out of that from time to time since he likes it.  Try some Sims at wide out maybe.  It seems like they are not trying hard enough.

I don’t think they got the opportunity to try much. Only had a couple drives. He threw a pick and then we had a penalty before the field goal.

I think playing Haskins is the best way to evaluate Oconnell and Haskins.  Let’s see what kinda improvement they can make over the next couple of months.

Archived