Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

11 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

. If Kyle Allen UDFA who totally collapsed down the stretch last year can fetch a 5th I’m thinking Dwayne could fetch at least a conditional 5th or 6th or something like that.

The difference being that Kyle Allen was traded for by the coach who believed in him and groomed him and there's nobody out there in that situation for dwayne but I do tend to agree that dwayne is not worthless yet.

My guess is that if dwayne screws up again he'll be released but if he doesn't he'll be on our roster next year.

Dwayne has shown nothing to this point to be excited about but the fan base reaction has been a little over the top to say the least.

He's been immature off the field and very unremarkable on it but has done nothing yet worthy of the torches and pitchforks.

He's young and unfortunately doesn't appear to have been given the skills needed to rise quickly to leader of an nfl team but that doesn't mean its impossible, many players over the years have shown far worse judgment and immaturity and have overcome to become excellent nfl players and its still possible dwayne could fall into that category if given the time and patience. 

Luckily for us our coaches aren't as reactionary as we are, and I include myself in that category as I've had plenty of GameDay thread freak outs.

50 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You know those ads are tailored to you. Apparently you are interested in food delivery to enjoy while sitting on comfortable home theater chairs.

You nailed it bro! lol 😂

I’m turning my living room into a diy home theater with a seriously bad ass 7.2.2 sound system. Spending money I can’t afford but I’m a widower with responsibilies only to myself. Plus I’m not getting any younger and I always wanted to have one when I was working so now that I’m retired and have the time why not?

As for the goldbelly ads— I bought something called a “brown bag apple-peach pie” from them for Thanskgiving that was almost as good as my wife used to make. Their ads have been a fixture on any website I go too ever since.

28 minutes ago, SweatSuit said:

Laughable to suggest no one will trade for him, let’s not act like the dude is John Beck just because you don’t like the guy. Might not get much but there’s some personnel guy or coach out there that’s going to turn on the tape from the second half on Sunday and see there’s something to work with. When he stops pressing and stops thinking you can see the natural ability shine through more. Think Giants and Eagles games down the stretch last year too. If Kyle Allen UDFA who totally collapsed down the stretch last year can fetch a 5th I’m thinking Dwayne could fetch at least a conditional 5th or 6th or something like that. At that point I keep him though just to see if he can continue to develop without the pressure of being the guy (I’m assuming we go the vet QB route).

We traded a practice squad player for John Beck. Conditional 6th rounder is basically the same thing, right?

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

This situation with Haskins reminds me of Gibbs’ issues with Lavar in 2005.  Team’s geared up and bought into a playoff run and Lavar goes complaining to the media about something with two must win games left in the regular season.  Gibbs was incredulous. 

Some similarities between this year and the 2005 season. Veteran QB pulling a lower-end offense along. Strong D.  Likable and ethical Head Coach...

Was that the year that LaVar claimed Snyder had pulled a fast one on a contract he negotiated “under duress”  just before the signing deadline?

I’m hazy on this but I think LaVar said the deal was ready to sign but there was a clause in it with a bonus of $6.66 million for achieving some stat that  he referred to as the “devil contract page”.

So LaVar claimed that at his insistence that page was taken out and the amount for the bonus was altered in his favor. There were also a number of additional last minute changes made to the contract before he finally agreed to sign the deal.

Then Snyder handed him a tall glass of the rare, expensive, and incomperable, “Macallan 1950” and solemnly offered him a toast for becoming a Redskin for life.

From there they enjoyed Cohibas and the room was filled with smoke, joyous laughs and good will all around.

Then one day long after the final deal was signed and approved by the league LaVar noticed that the 6.66 million “devil contract page” was still part of the deal, along with other things that he claimed he never agreed to.

Amazingly his agent agreed that Snyder had cheated him even though he allowed his client to sign the final deal.

It was a ridiculous mess.

50 minutes ago, redskinss said:

The difference being that Kyle Allen was traded for by the coach who believed in him and groomed him and there's nobody out there in that situation for dwayne but I do tend to agree that dwayne is not worthless yet.

My guess is that if dwayne screws up again he'll be released but if he doesn't he'll be on our roster next year.

Dwayne has shown nothing to this point to be excited about but the fan base reaction has been a little over the top to say the least.

He's been immature off the field and very unremarkable on it but has done nothing yet worthy of the torches and pitchforks.

He's young and unfortunately doesn't appear to have been given the skills needed to rise quickly to leader of an nfl team but that doesn't mean its impossible, many players over the years have shown far worse judgment and immaturity and have overcome to become excellent nfl players and its still possible dwayne could fall into that category if given the time and patience. 

Luckily for us our coaches aren't as reactionary as we are, and I include myself in that category as I've had plenty of GameDay thread freak outs.

I think you are being totally unfair to the fans. Dwayne Haskins was a #1 pick, a good amount of the team's fortunes rely on his development.  It's not asking too much that a player in that position would actually work hard at improving and that has simply not been the case.  On top of his terrible play and work ethic, which should be enough for any amount of criticism, his knucklehead behavior is very very off putting and that's being kind. So when you put together the entire body of work he totally deserves all of this, Hell if Kyle was not injured he would be suspended or off the team.  He's lucky to have a job at this point. 

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Kyle will be resigned. It's obviously clear that they are adding another QB. So if Alex wants to return how can you be so sure Dwayne will be on the roster next year providing he does not screw up again?  

29 minutes ago, profusion said:

I see Haskins garnering a fourth or fifth round pick in the off-season. QBs rarely get traded during the season, but I can absolutely see a coach looking at the raw potential there and taking a flyer on him this winter.

If the reports are true there was little interest in Dwayne earlier in the season, I can't believe it got any better after this latest incident.  If you were a GM would you give up a mid round pick and take on that contract given what is known?  Not me, if I take a flier on a reconstruction project of this magnitude I'm doing it as a lower priced FA.  

14 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Was that the year that LaVar claimed Snyder had pulled a fast one on his contract?

I’m hazy on this but I think LaVar said the deal was ready to sign but there was a clause in it with a bonus for achieving some stat of $6.66 million that  he referred to as a “devil contract”.

So LaVar claimed that page was taken out and the amount for the bonus altered. There were also a number of additional last minute changes made to the contract before he finally agreed to sign the deal.

Then Snyder handed him a tall glass of the rare, expensive, and incomperable, “Macallan 1950” and solemnly offered him a toast for becoming a Redskin for life.

From there they enjoyed Cohibas and the room was filled with smoke, joyous laughs and good will all around.

Then one day long after the final deal was signed and approved by the league LaVar noticed that the 6.66 million “devil contract page” was still part of the deal, along with other things that he claimed he never agreed to.

Amazingly his agent agreed that Snyder had cheated him even though he allowed his client to sign the final deal.

It was a ridiculous mess.

There was a bonus in his contract for $10m on a certain day. He said they discussed verbally that there were supposed to be two for the same amount on that day LOL! I mean... why would you have two bonuses for the same amount on the same day instead of just making it $20m and who the hell pays a LB a $20m, anyway, much less back then? LOL!!! He said he was "cheated" out of the $10m bonus... meanwhile he and his agents all signed the contract.

This was the same LaVar who, TV,  said Coach Gibbs wasn't anyone to him and had to "show him something" upon his hiring.

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

There was a bonus in his contract for $10m on a certain day. He said they discussed verbally that there were supposed to be two for the same amount on that day LOL! I mean... why would you have two bonuses for the same amount on the same day instead of just making it $20m and who the hell pays a LB a $20m, anyway, much less back then? LOL!!! He said he was "cheated" out of the $10m bonus... meanwhile he and his agents all signed the contract.

This was the same LaVar who, TV,  said Coach Gibbs wasn't anyone to him and had to "show him something" upon his hiring.

Yes, I remember the double $10 million discrepancy too now!

Ntotoro, wasn’t there also a discrepancy over a bonus of $6.66 million dollars or perhaps it was $666k?

I am almost certain that I recall LaVar saying that the reason he began to question the entire contract was that he realized that particular page had somehow been reinserted into the final paperwork.

5 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Yes, I remember the double $10 million discrepancy too now!

Ntotoro, wasn’t there also a discrepancy over a bonus of $6.66 million dollars or perhaps it was $666k?

I am almost certain that I recall LaVar saying that the reason he began to question the entire contract was that he realized that particular page had somehow been reinserted into the final paperwork.

I'm sure there was or he at least said it. I mean... this is LaVar LOL!!!

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yea, Yea, Yea, Blah, Blah, Blah.

Well guess what ?

The "sense out of Washington is that it would be challenging" for Alex Smith to return from a broken leg, multiple life and limb threatening infections, numerous debridement of dead flesh, as well as 17 surgeries, and plus muscle transplants.

So, why worry about some "sense out of Washington" ?

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I've given a lot of credit to Ron and what he's been able to accomplish here in a drama-filled short period of time.  That said, I'm disappointed that they worked this out in a way that Dwayne gets to suit up.  Playoffs or not on the line, the optics are bad.  I wouldn't have let Dwayne anywhere near the team for the rest of the season.  I also realize it's easy to 'take a stand', when you're not the one who has to take it.  But this just doesn't sit right with me, as I'd think the best thing you could do is make an example out of him for not being the professional that you preach to your players.

Every player that breaks protocol gets fined. The NFL norm is around $7-8k. Ron took that rule and added 7 times the normal fine to DH. I think we as scorned fans tend to go overboard. Particularly when a player is not doing well on the field. I mean really, what if someone took a picture of McClaurin in public without a mask? Would you have the same opinion? Probably not. Was it because a stripper was involved? Lets not get too self righteous.

This NFL thing is a game. But its also employment. He didn't commit a crime. He had a reasonable lapse in judgement at his girl friend's BD. Keep is simple. I don't think DH is a bad kid. He's just immature. Some kids get it early (like McClaurin). Some take time. He got fined, he apologized and he probably got reprimanded. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Too bad I am not rooting for the high pick late this season like I did last year.  If I were, Haskins starting with no Terry would hit the spot for me. 😧

Well, Hitskins hit Logan Thomas for like 10+ catches last week.  As much as I love TMC, I might argue that in this specific case, with this specific idiot quarterback...that Logan Thomas might be more impactful.  

Let's be real here, if Hitskins is going to have any kind of a good game, he needs to hit short checkdown passes.  And while TMC can catch those and run those routes, Hitskins obviously had a connection with Logan Thomas last weekend.  13 catches for 101 yards..7.8 yards a catch.

I don't trust Hitskins to hit TMC (or anyone, really) for intermediate to long passes.  

@TryTheBeal!, this is me trying to be optimistic.  

Seriously guys, I get Dwayne has been less than stellar and that this latest (moronic) decision creates more angst toward him. But had Hopkins not missed the extra point we are very likely talking about a 20 point quarter and taking the game into overtime against a very good Seattle team lead by one of the best QBs in the game. Let’s not pretend that didn’t happen and that we are absolutely screwed without Alex Smith, who at one point was eviscerated on this very board for being too boring and check down Charlie. 

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

Every player that breaks protocol gets fined. The NFL norm is around $7-8k. Ron took that rule and added 7 times the normal fine to DH. I think we as scorned fans tend to go overboard. Particularly when a player is not doing well on the field. I mean really, what if someone took a picture of McClaurin in public without a mask? Would you have the same opinion? Probably not. Was it because a stripper was involved? Lets not get too self righteous.

This NFL thing is a game. But its also employment. He didn't commit a crime. He had a reasonable lapse in judgement at his girl friend's BD. Keep is simple. I don't think DH is a bad kid. He's just immature. Some kids get it early (like McClaurin). Some take time. He got fined, he apologized and he probably got reprimanded. 

What a refreshing take.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, Hitskins hit Logan Thomas for like 10+ catches last week.  As much as I love TMC, I might argue that in this specific case, with this specific idiot quarterback...that Logan Thomas might be more impactful.  

Let's be real here, if Hitskins is going to have any kind of a good game, he needs to hit short checkdown passes.  And while TMC can catch those and run those routes, Hitskins obviously had a connection with Logan Thomas last weekend.  13 catches for 101 yards..7.8 yards a catch.

I don't trust Hitskins to hit TMC (or anyone, really) for intermediate to long passes.  

@TryTheBeal!, this is me trying to be optimistic.  

Without Terry, Carolina is gonna triple team JD and double team Logan and Dwayne is gonna rely on either of the Sims sisters dropping the ball 50% of the time.

Archived