Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

peter schrager on gmfb this a.m. had put burrow at #2 and young at #1

i know this is a 'hot take' and it's easy to find several important and valid counterpoints :P, but going by my unparalleled football instincts (cough) and based on eyes and gut (being a man of science) i'd like to take burrow if he falls to us and write off the 15 pick in the sense of maybe just getting a couple of useful--not necessarily big time---good players for haskins...bite that bullet now, take the sure thing once and for all at qb, and just move forward

and no, i'm not a morning drinker....this is the product of a sober if unsound mind

If Young goes one I think our options are endless. I'm not 100% sold on Burrow. I'm not a big fan of his attitude and the way he carries himself. Ditto for Haskins. I love Tua, but his injuries are a concern. 

If Burrow fell to 2, the first thing I would do is dangle the pick. 

If we could come away with a nice haul and still pick in the top 7 or so, that likely nets us one of Okudah, Simmons, Tua, Herbert (not sold there, but I'm not against the guy), Thomas. 

I am not against picking up Burrow. His talent speaks for itself. But with that resource in our lap I'd definitely explore what a trade down would do. But I do think he's an upgrade over Haskins. 

On 2/14/2020 at 9:17 AM, Jumbo said:

take the sure thing once and for all at qb,

Except there’s no such thing as a sure thing.  Burrow looks like more of a sure thing, but so did Ryan Leaf and Robert Griffin.  Tim Couch went first overall at one point, as did JaMarcus Russell. At the time all of these players were seen as almost can’t miss and all missed by MILES.  

I’m not even disagreeing with your point if the Bengals take CY you just take Burrow and move on.  I might agree if the thought is Burrow is a better prospect.  But he’s not a sure thing.  We could find out he isn’t as good without basically having the best player on the field at every position. Or he could be Aaron Rodgers. It’s really Unknonw. 

My thing with Haskins or who ever is the QB is we need more talent on the offensive side of the ball.We had a horrible TE situation(maybe the worst in the league), a horrible o-line( hopefully Trent comes back to make this unit competent), one of the worst WR units in league(Terry is stud like Harmon  and Sims but lets be real this unit is not nothing to brag about) and RBs are led by the ancient AP and Guice who lacks the best ability which is availability.Not one position group on  this offense is solid.We need to give this side of the ball a serious injection of talent.

Get Hooper get Cooper get Conklin and Gordon.Give Haskins a shot at being Qb in this league.

Good to see Haskins is working.   It seems like the theme of the off season from those who cover the team is will Haskins put in the time or not.  I guess will see but sounds like its trending in the right direction.  I listened to Keim's podcast finally, the one where he interviewed an Ohio State reporter.  I mentioned previously that Keim referred to that interview somewhere else.  In that podcast, the reporter said he was in the QB room for some reason in 2017 when it was Haskins and Burrow and another QB and those QBs joked with Haskins for how little he knew their playbook. 

Some like to say Haskins didn't kill it because of Jay early on.  But the Ohio State reporter alluded to Haskins not killing it either when he was a backup as for working it but once he became a starter the light got turned on.  Seems like the same happened here.  Hopefully it continues.  😀

On 2/17/2020 at 2:24 PM, KDawg said:

I, too, worked hard in the weight room today. I will be a successful quarterback.

A week ago I told someone Dunbar was in no jeopardy of me having more money than him at the end of the season. Well, I take that back now!

:ols:

My buddy was in the Bahamas last week and ran into Haskins at the Nobu there. He’s been vacationing and not just hitting the weight room...

57 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Balance is key. Why Brady is the GOAT and Manning isn’t ;) 

As long as he wasn’t vacationing on Dan’s boat it’s a non issue. The tweet of him working out on President’s day is laughable because it’s trying to say all he’s doing is working. He wasn’t during Ron’s press conference and wasn’t last week...

I cannot find a good reason to criticize Haskins yet.  He started off horrible, but he was a rookie.  Then he really started to find his stride, and even explained why.  He saw something happen in one of the Eagles games that convinced him, he could do this.  That’s the game he started showboating after completed passes.  He said it in one of his interviews.  Just go back and watch the game. He was saying, yes, I think I’ve figured this out.  He showed a lot of improvement at the end of the year.

And as far as his personality.  He isn’t more obnoxious than Joe Theisman.  But Joe won a Super Bowl.  So I guess that’s why people put up with that **** from him.

57 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

As long as he wasn’t vacationing on Dan’s boat it’s a non issue. The tweet of him working out on President’s day is laughable because it’s trying to say all he’s doing is working. He wasn’t during Ron’s press conference and wasn’t last week...

I agree on the tweet, but it’s fascinating how information like that infiltrates our minds. 

I think the whole idea of fans deciding which QB works hard is a complete farce. My hope is Haskins works diligently to establish an independent system with influence from others that provides him supreme confidence before each kickoff. 

It's all ridiculous.

A take that he was lifting weights and working out somehow conveys the thought in Ed's mind that Haskins is now apparently a better quarterback because he spent time in the gym. That's such a bad take.

The idea that Haskins being on vacation or not at Rivera's presser makes him a bad quarterback: such a bad take.

The truth is we'll find out how hard Haskins has been working when we start getting reports of on-field stuff from non-Redskin sources. I don't believe much the players/coaches have to say about the situation as its in their best interest to be half-hearted with the truth if he's bad, and if he's good you'll hear the same praise than if he's not.

Until we see him, or they make a move in FA/the draft (or don't), we have no way of knowing. 

Archived