Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

My only hope that I’m sticking to is that hopefully Haskins will practice all week and game plan with the ones.....I gotta have hope for something this year!  Let’s hope this week will be a true look at what they drafted in the first round.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We should also start posting Madden highlights of him. They have the same value as preseason highlights...

 

Dude has an arm. He just can’t do it against an NFL defense. Preseason isn’t NFL defense. He so far has a 20% interception percentage against NFL defenses who have not even schemed against him specifically. 

 

I admit I was disappointed, that one of his worst throws and interceptions, was a target to a guy that he's supposed to have built-in chemistry with, and who DH claimed always knew where he was going to be at all times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I admit I was disappointed, that one of his worst throws and interceptions, was a target to a guy that he's supposed to have built-in chemistry with, and who DH claimed always knew where he was going to be at all times.


I don’t think the issue an inability to locate McLauren, he just drops the arm & the ball gets away at times. Rep issue, not recognition.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, volsmet said:
 

 

That's the most appropriate one for you since your screen name is based on Tennessee and the only thing associated with the Redskins and that school is Albert Haynesworth and the ensuing cap penalty. In other words, if you want my guess as to your insight value, I would say you are basically the Albert Haynesworth of posters... Lol

Edited by SoCalSkins
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:
 

That's the most appropriate one for you since your screen name is based on Tennessee and the only thing associated with the Redskins and that school is Albert Haynesworth and the ensuing cap penalty. In other words, if you want my guess as to your insight value, I would say you are basically the Albert Haynesworth of posters... Lol


Nearly as witty as it is concise.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did Haynesworth ever get his transplant ?

 

I'm sure he did. A ton of people called in to see if they were a match with him. Mean while a ton of people that were on the list before him don't have the benefit of being famous. 

Edited by desertbeagle85
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

I'm sure he did. A ton of people called in to see if they were a match with him. Mean while a ton of people that were on the list before him don't have the benefit  of being famous. 


Blood type, rocky top, still on dialysis, still awaiting the transplant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Really

 

Well I hope he gets the transplant. As I hope everyone needing one gets one. I never liked him, but I don't wish anything bad on the guy.

Andre Gurode disagrees.

6 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:


Better than most. Far better than your animated gif responses...


agree to disagree

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew Gruden was a goner. Too bad we didn't wait a year to draft the right QB.

 

Could have truly built up the defense; had Brian Burns in our sights.

 

Now we are stuck with Haskins and Sweat for the next several years, due to their draft status. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tedskins 21 said:

We all knew Gruden was a goner. Too bad we didn't wait a year to draft the right QB.

 

Could have truly built up the defense; had Brian Burns in our sights.

 

Now we are stuck with Haskins and Sweat for the next several years, due to their draft status. 

Sweat can still be good. Look at Preston Smith. Leaves DC and is putting up a Pro Bowl year in Green Bay.

 

Our coaching and player development is trash.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any stragglers still think its far too risky to play Haskins at all this year?

 

I have a theory. That being stuck on the sidelines and all the behinds the scene stuff are more detrimental to him than anything that can happen on the field.  Resentment grows, from not playing him despite full blown futility within our organization from top to bottom, for all to see.

 

Yes dare I think that him knowing he has no chance of starting a game this year, and the daunting task of likely being forced to learn an entire new playbook and new Shakespearean verbiage next spring has him left wondering, why bother.  I am only 22 I can wait out this **** show.

 

Yeah it's his job Dad, but it's also his choice. The first thing he saw was our team captain boycotting the team and not even for money.  He is probably bucking for a trade what with the complaints about him looking disinterested etc., only Bruce is too dumb to trade anyone even if it's best he should.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat can still be good. Look at Preston Smith. Leaves DC and is putting up a Pro Bowl year in Green Bay.

 

Our coaching and player development is trash.

 

Preston Smith never looked this lost though, even as a rookie.  He got paid in GB because he established he was a solid NFL player.  

 

As a rookie though, Smith started slow and came on at the end.  So maybe Sweat still has it in him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is the risk? We're 1 and freaking 7. Play him. do what you gotta do, simplify the playbook, etc. etc. But play him. If he sucks then fine, he sucks, we move on and get another QB next Spring in a more loaded class. But lets see what he can do with an actual week of practice prep and a gameplan tailored around his strengths.

 

This notion that he's completely lost is just stupid to me. You got 6th rounders/UDFA rookie types coming in and playing. Hell Josh Johnson came in last year after sitting on the couch for 3 years and looked competent. The fact that we can't at least get Haskins ready to play at a barebones level is more of an indictment on our coaching than anything else.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We all really need to take a deep breath, I actually think Haskins isn't that bad right now.  Everyone thought Daniel Jones was trash for 4 weeks then he lit it up this weekend, everyone has an opinion that will change on a day to day basis.  IF Haskins comes in and throws for 4 tds next week, hell be the savior, but then the very next week he throws 4 picks, hes trash.  Way too small of sample size guys, just wait and see jesus

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sweat can still be good. Look at Preston Smith. Leaves DC and is putting up a Pro Bowl year in Green Bay.

 

Our coaching and player development is trash.

 

He won't be.  Even if he is "good," we had a chance at potential greatness.  1st round picks that turn out good.... meh.

 

Although that would be a trend in the right direction for this team.  Kerrigan is the only good first rounder I can think of that wasn't a top 5 pick.  Even Brandon has regressed, though, and Trent doesn't work here anymore lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

 

Preston Smith never looked this lost though, even as a rookie.  He got paid in GB because he established he was a solid NFL player.  

 

As a rookie though, Smith started slow and came on at the end.  So maybe Sweat still has it in him.  

 

A lot of times it is situational.  Remember how ineffective Trent Murphy looked when we first signed him?  It wasn't until the coaches decided to primarily use him on 3rd downs as a pass rusher, that he became a contributor.

 

How about Erik Flowers?  I am sure the Giants see what he is doing now, and wonder if maybe moving him over as a last ditch effort would have paid off.

 

There are times when a player is drafted to do one thing and it doesn't work out, but they still have value doing something else.  That is up to the coaches to find a role for players.  With the QB position it is a little different, you can either play QB or not, you aren't going to go become a WR....Pryor did for a season but that experiment fizzled quick.

 

Some players will end up as busts, it sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it.  Other players though, develop slower, or need to be worked with and moved around on the NFL level to see where they ultimately can used most effectively.  A lot of times that won't happen on the team they are drafted by.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skins4ever28 said:

We all really need to take a deep breath, I actually think Haskins isn't that bad right now.  Everyone thought Daniel Jones was trash for 4 weeks then he lit it up this weekend, everyone has an opinion that will change on a day to day basis.  IF Haskins comes in and throws for 4 tds next week, hell be the savior, but then the very next week he throws 4 picks, hes trash.  Way too small of sample size guys, just wait and see jesus

 

I will be happy if he proves me wrong.  But he won't.

 

The Skins saying he isn't ready is ridiculous.  It's to save face on the wasted draft capital.  That way we go into the offseason with one less item on the grocery list.  (The most important item.)

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

 

A lot of times it is situational.  Remember how ineffective Trent Murphy looked when we first signed him?  It wasn't until the coaches decided to primarily use him on 3rd downs as a pass rusher, that he became a contributor.

 

How about Erik Flowers?  I am sure the Giants see what he is doing now, and wonder if maybe moving him over as a last ditch effort would have paid off.

 

There are times when a player is drafted to do one thing and it doesn't work out, but they still have value doing something else.  That is up to the coaches to find a role for players.  With the QB position it is a little different, you can either play QB or not, you aren't going to go become a WR....Pryor did for a season but that experiment fizzled quick.

 

Some players will end up as busts, it sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it.  Other players though, develop slower, or need to be worked with and moved around on the NFL level to see where they ultimately can used most effectively.  A lot of times that won't happen on the team they are drafted by.

 

The problem is Sweat has never shown any moves or lateral quickness.  This is why most teams passed on him.  The Skins were the only fools to reach on both Haskins and Sweat.  Two major "projects."  The thing is you can't teach what Sweat lacks, imo. He is the DE athlete version of RGiii.  Straight line timed speed is not the same as fluid explosion.

 

I was hoping he would atleast reah Orakpo's impact, with a much more talented interior to draw attention, but he has been a literal 0 impact on the field.  He's a passenger, and a wasted pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What exactly is the risk? We're 1 and freaking 7. Play him. do what you gotta do, simplify the playbook, etc. etc. But play him. If he sucks then fine, he sucks, we move on and get another QB next Spring in a more loaded class. But lets see what he can do with an actual week of practice prep and a gameplan tailored around his strengths.

 

This is exactly where I'm at.

 

Make the switch. Give him the proper preparation that any other starter would get. If he chooses to be lazy in his prep (studying playbook and slacking on film room work allegedly?!?!) then that is on him and it will show on the field over the course of the season.  What there is no use for is the current situation where Callahan doesn't want to make him a starter because he is holding out hope that a QB like Case (or Colt) can go out there and "show the world the team isn't as bad as they have shown" when it really doesn't matter anymore for 2019.  What we need now is to find out what Haskins has/doesn't have to offer and have it definitive by the end of the season.

 

No one is arguing that Haskins will start games and within a couple games suddenly he has morphed into a pro bowl QB, but it is imperative that the front office and coaches get on the same page about him well ahead of the 2020 draft, one in which they are going to very likely have a very high 1st round pick, one in which there could be some QBs sitting at.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:


Better than most. Far better than your animated gif responses...

 

I disagree... Im VERY jealous of

@volsmet and his spot on gif usage. And Im serious. I need a quick gow to on how to do it from mobile- i Thuroughly enjoy the gif/meme usage on here! Much more then the redundant repeating of the same non-stop player hating

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

This isn’t even about Haskins anymore. This is now just a bunch of armchair QBs huffing and puffing claiming they know football and scouting more than those in the NFL. Meanwhile on Monday morning you go to your boring job and wait for Friday. At the end of the day all you have is a delusion that you’re more connected to football than anyone else.

 

Congrats! You win... nothing!

 

Well if we all stuck to only posting on the areas we are professionally competent to comment on the Stadium would be much much more quiet than it already is.

 

That said I do think it worth remembering that our collective opinions on the Redskins and football in general, plus $5, will get you a caramel latte at Starbucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK changed the title to FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State
  • PCS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...