Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Dolphins

Jets

Giants

Lions

All winnable games. And we might win one against the Cowboys or Eagles while they rest their starters at the end of the year. 

I’m jaded enough as a fan to think we’ll start winning games at the worst possible time for this team - making our draft position worse and allowing Allen to hang around. 

The Lions are actually playing good ball right now and the Giants will likely have Barkley back when we play them again.  Dolphins and Jets are it.  

good thing is we are primed for the #1 overall selection. We are in perfect position to trade assets for picks. Try Haskins and see if he's our future... allowing us to either trade that #1 overall to someone like the Dolphins for a few of their firsts or take Tua ourselves.

Trent

Kerrigan

Norman

Reed (hope he retires)

Mike Tomlin is a hell no from me. We've already got coaches on snap chat, I don't want players streaming the meetings now too. Or maybe the whole team can skip the meeting room and just have open conference call team meetings? Maybe Tomlin is a visionary?

9 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Mike Tomlin is a hell no from me. We've already got coaches on snap chat, I don't want players streaming the meetings now too. Or maybe the whole team can skip the meeting room and just have open conference call team meetings? Maybe Tomlin is a visionary?

It's like no one has watched any Steelers games in the past 4-5 years.  Or for example yesterday when he bungled the OT.

**** no for Tomlin.

11 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

When do they usually get to the office?

Is that when people normally get to the office?  Dare I think that is not the normal time anyone gets fired, in the NFL and rest of the world.

It's certainly not Jay's normal time, otherwise he wouldn't have had to been summoned in.  If he or Dan and Bruce always got to work at 5am, I think we would hear reports at how they burn the midnight oil working 12 hour days etc.

It's like a half ass attempt to try to look like they are running a tight ship. 

23 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Problem with that is, our schedule aligns nicely with sneaking a handful of wins out of this season and calling it a “success” (read: not a massive failure) since the Gruden firing. Unfortunately for us, the schedule aligned perfectly to scapegoat Gruden and keep Allen hanging around. 

Where? At best we win 4 games.  I think Miami beats us.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Is that when people normally get to the office?  Dare I think that is not the normal time anyone gets fired, in the NFL and rest of the world.

Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.. calling you in at 5am to fire you is ****ed up.. but how else would this ****ed up owner, ****ed up "president/gm", and ****ed up organization do it?

3 minutes ago, fwo40 said:

It's like no one has watched any Steelers games in the past 4-5 years.  Or for example yesterday when he bungled the OT.

**** no for Tomlin.

I love Andy Reid and would kill to have him be the Skins coach and that dude bungles more things at the end of games than anyone. 

2 hours ago, TK said:

Most likely. Vinny had to sign one when he was finally ****canned. 

Pure curiosity on my side, that probably belongs in the Tailgate, but what would happen if you're fired and refuse to sign any NDA stuff???

2 hours ago, TK said:

I saw him in NY at his last game. Dude never looked so happy before. 

I bet Jay is happy as well.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

O'Connell is a bit of an unknown but i am much more intrigued by him than Tomlin or Bowles.  I don't know a lot about Bieniemy but liked what I've seen thus far.

I think what many people miss is that Sean McVay probably wouldn't have worked here. 

Look at the way the Rams stacked the deck trying to help him succeed. They made some big moves on both offense and defense along with giving him a lot of say in how the team is run. Does anyone honestly think that either Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder would have seriously changed anything for what was a 30-31 year old? 

Anyway, Kevin O'Connell may be a good coach, but if Allen/Snyder promote him it's not because O'Connell is going to change the culture, but rather he's already been a part of it and has accepted it. 

I'm mentioned this in a previous thread, but the most winningest coach while Snyder has owned the team is.... Jay Gruden with 35.5 wins. The Highest percentage winning coach is... Norv Turner (17-12 = 58.6%). What's new info is how Snyder moves on from what was his most successful coaches. 

Based on Jay's comments and actions this pretty much sums up how that went: 

giphy.gif

As for Turner, at the time he was fired after 13 games and the team was 7-6, so it left him with distinction of being the only NFL head coach in the post-merger era to be fired midway through a season with a winning record. 

Anyway, under Snyder the 'best' we have is still bad. What's ironically sad is that the two best we've had both were canned mid season. Just seems like we don't even know how to break up with someone property. It's all spiteful and petty. 

Archived