Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I love Andy Reid and would kill to have him be the Skins coach and that dude bungles more things at the end of games than anyone. 

we are in a position as a franchise where i would LOVE to be bungling things late game rather then just getting run out of the building.

1 minute ago, Heathen said:

we are in a position as a franchise where i would LOVE to be bungling things late game rather then just getting run out of the building.

Redskins were up 7-0 on the Patriots. And then boat raced 33-0. I kinda wanted 40.

Tomlin? Reid? Hell, mind as well throw Belichick's name into the mix. 

There's no way any established, self respecting coach will come here. 

We'll end up getting someone who's a current coordinator whom keeps getting overlooked. We might get a re-tread, but it would be something comical like a Ben McAdoo or maybe a Jim Tomsula. 

Many teams approach that coaching search like they are looking for a wife. Someone to partner up with and build something. Our coaching search is more like last call at the bar. You realize you're options are limited and it's going to be a temporary thing. 

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

NDAs are usually signed when you're hired, not when you're fired or the contract ends.

Depends. For employees that are fired, they will only get severance pay if they sign a release agreement, which includes language around not badmouthing the employer and not suing the employer

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

While it is certainly possible the Skins could beat the Dolphins, it is beyond me how anyone could have confidence in this Redskins team.  

I have confidence we will find a way to do the opposite of what we should do for our best chance at long-term success.  In this case, that would be losing to the Dolphins and getting the 1st overall pick. 

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Our coaching search is more like last call at the bar. You realize you're options are limited and it's going to be a temporary thing. 

Yeah and we've been flashing money all night but when you walk outside they realize we live in a van.

Here's my new fear:

We end up dead last in the NFL, which 'wins' us the #1 overall pick in this coming draft. We get a coach who won't stand up to Snyder/Allen and come the draft Dan still likes Haskins because his son went to school with him and Allen keeps bumbling negotiations and we can't find a trade partner. 

We end up drafting Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy #1 overall while Tua and Herbert go on and become franchise QBs.

24 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Mike Tomlin is a hell no from me. We've already got coaches on snap chat, I don't want players streaming the meetings now too. Or maybe the whole team can skip the meeting room and just have open conference call team meetings? Maybe Tomlin is a visionary?

An contraire, the fact that he limited AB to the level of effery he did, should put him up for reconsideration for coach of the year.  

What's the thought?  That the Steelers are going to exercise an escape clause this off-season?  Otherwise he's signed through 2022, I think it was.  

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Here's my new fear:

We end up dead last in the NFL, which 'wins' us the #1 overall pick in this coming draft. We get a coach who won't stand up to Snyder/Allen and come the draft Dan still likes Haskins because his son went to school with him and Allen keeps bumbling negotiations and we can't find a trade partner. 

We end up drafting Alabama WR Jerry Jeudy #1 overall while Tua and Herbert go on and become franchise QBs.

I'll just add to that we release Jeudy after 2 years and the Cowboys pick him up and he becomes an all pro receiver

2 minutes ago, megared said:

An contraire, the fact that he limited AB to the level of effery he did, should put him up for reconsideration for coach of the year.  

What's the thought?  That the Steelers are going to exercise an escape clause this off-season?  Otherwise he's signed through 2022, I think it was.  

There are quite a few Tomlin hit pieces in circulation over the past several months.  The most recent I read was that he basically lets Ben do whatever he wants and that causes a lot of strife within the team.

The plus side, we don’t have a franchise QB for him to do that here.

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Redskins were up 7-0 on the Patriots. And then boat raced 33-0. I kinda wanted 40.

Pats went hurry up on us down 7-0, and we were toast.  Winning for us ended when their norvous kicker missed his first PAT.

It's a shame Jay never used hurry up, otherwise our defense could have practiced against it more and you know, actually have been prepared.

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Pats went hurry up on us down 7-0, and we were toast.  Winning for us at the point, ended when their norvous kicker missed his first PAT.

It's a shame Jay never used hurry up, otherwise our defense could have practiced against it more and you know, actually have been prepared.

It's amazing how woefully unprepared this team is. And it's not just Jay--it's every coach.

9 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Here's my new fear:

This is very likely to happen. Dan will preach patience with Haskins on Day 1, and the new coach will immediately learn that signing here was a mistake.

Yeah Bruce will want a raw Devin Thomasish WR, or an off the board project RT to play LT who will end up at LG and we will move Flowers to LT.

30 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I love Andy Reid and would kill to have him be the Skins coach and that dude bungles more things at the end of games than anyone. 

Andy Reid is also an offensive coach which is what most teams need. Tomlin was handed a world class offensive which IMO explains most of his success there.

Archived