Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden fired per John Keim

UK_HOG

2 minutes ago, drowland said:

I think you're missing mine...I don't think they can properly evaluate their defensive personnel with Manusky calling the D.  That's what they should be focusing on the rest of the season, the players.  That's why he should go.  And if Tomsula is collateral damage so be it.   

i am not missing your point at all and I have said several times i agree. But that is not what they will do. They are not thinking that way. I promise you they are still thinking about winning games this year. You and I have already cashed the season in. But I promise you they have not. 

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

1. Yep positive he'll play now. Other QBs aren't winning games.

If he plays, you're playing the worst QB of the three. If that's the plan, that's the plan. But that is absolutely a fact. And that's saying a lot.

2. He played Haskins when down by double digits and no work with starters before the week.

So which is it? He doesn't play him or doesn't play him under perfect conditions? Because if it's the latter I have a laundry list.

3. Raw and can't learn without playing. He needs to play period.

You don't need game time to improve fundamentals. You need indy periods. And he does those. Haven't seen a payoff there from preseason until now.

4. Has nothing to do with being in love with Haskins. Ever think people want to find out if he can succeed in this league, because we'll have a top 5 pick again next year?

Did you read what I said? Only reason to see him play is to get film on him for the new regime ( :ols: ) to make an informed decision moving forward.

2 hours ago, Stevej2016 said:

You guys are sadly mistaken if you think firing Gruden is going to fix all of this team's woes  It runs much deeper than the coaching staff.  Maybe a start but a long road ahead. 

But they have to start somewhere.  Bruce Allen acquired the "talent" for the team. He hired the coaches.  He had a big hand in drafting players, along side his little buddy Danny.  He needs to go. Don't hold your breath though. I do not believe Allen is going anywhere.  These two have a bromance for the ages.    

The long road ahead just got longer if Danny does not fire Bruce and really get some football guys in here and stops meddling. It is never going to happen.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If he plays, you're playing the worst QB of the three. If that's the plan, that's the plan. But that is absolutely a fact. And that's saying a lot.

So which is it? He doesn't play him or doesn't play him under perfect conditions? Because if it's the latter I have a laundry list.

You don't need game time to improve fundamentals. You need indy periods. And he does those. Haven't seen a payoff there from preseason until now.

Did you read what I said? Only reason to see him play is to get film on him for the new regime ( :ols: ) to make an informed decision moving forward.

Great worst QB with the potential to get better. McCoy and Keenum have been in the league for a number of years they don't have potential.

I hardly call playing with no running game or offensive line the perfect situation. With that being said. He threw 3 picks that half and most looked like timing issues. Hard to be on the same page with your WRs. When you don't have any work with them.

Yep your right game time won't help with fundamentals. 🙄 Sitting there with a clip board with no work will though.

No I stopped reading, because everything you're saying is basically just hate on a kid that hasn't played a whole game yet. He's also not the problem with this team and might not be the solution either. Yet I'll give him half a year to see if he can be that guy. Where you sound like you would rather play career backups. 

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You getting this @Califan007?  LOL  Would like to see her proof but she has been right more than she has been wrong. 

I wasted countless posts on essentially saying the same things to @Califan007 and some other guy who basically told me I was an illogical moron, along with Califan for asserting such a preposterous hypothesis.  I should have gotten a drink and watched Netflix like you did...LOL!

But this is how the immature, petty, anti-social braintrust of Bruce and Dan operate.   And to me it was obvious.  They have to destroy the reputation or at least dent it, on the person's way out.  So I guess Bruce did have a USB or flash drive he kept handy.  Disgusting.

17 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's Week Six, kids. We haven't even had the bye week yet.

This is going to be so much fun for the next three months.

How much worse can it get for skins fans?

Taylor Murdered

RG3 knee Murdered

Alex Smith leg Murdered

Snyder owner and Bruce GM

Really nothing new with Jay gone. Just another year. 

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I wasted countless posts on essentially saying the same things to @Califan007 and some other guy who basically told me I was an illogical moron, along with Califan for asserting such a preposterous hypothesis.  I should have gotten a drink and watched Netflix like you did...LOL!

But this is how the immature, petty, anti-social braintrust of Bruce and Dan operate.   And to me it was obvious.  They have to destroy the reputation or at least dent it, on the person's way out.  So I guess Bruce did have a USB or flash drive he kept handy.  Disgusting.

All I'm gonna say is if you feel like bragging because Russini of all people said this, you might wanna wait a bit first. And I'm being generous.

Shout out questions as Bruce runs from the podium... trending

Why did you release the video of Jay after 3 years?

Did leaking the video provide a way to not pay Jay?

Why did you fire Jay at 5am, and were you scared that he wouldn't sign the non disclosure agreement?

Won't the video leak make it harder to find your next coach?

Have you considered resigning now that our stadium is overrun by opposition fans weekly?

Why do you only come to the podium once every 4 years? 

I foresee a Trent trade on the cheap and stadium deal thrown together being announced soon - to try to deflect. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

Great worst QB with the potential to get better. McCoy and Keenum have been in the league for a number of years they don't have potential.

I hardly call playing with no running game or offensive line the perfect situation. With that being said. He threw 3 picks that half and most looked like timing issues. Hard to be on the same page with your WRs. When you don't have any work with them.

Yep your right game time won't help with fundamentals. 🙄 Sitting there with a clip board with no work will though.

No I stopped reading, because everything you're saying is basically just hate on a kid that hasn't played a whole game yet. He's also not the problem with this team and might not be the solution either. Yet I'll give him half a year to see if he can be that guy. Where you sound like you would rather play career backups. 

I swear, people refuse to read points that disagree with theirs. It's a big world, people, there are many viewpoints to see. Instead of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling "HATER!" every time someone doesn't agree, it helps to see everything first.

1) Haskins is a high ceiling, low floor guy. So I agree he has potential to improve. I also don't disagree with the idea of playing him moving forward, just to put his stuff on film.

2) There is no perfect situation with the Redskins. And the picks aren't even my issue with him. I know you've read my posts on him because you've commented. So I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. Mechanics. Mechanics are a significant issue. Those need to be right or even relatively close to right before you worry about the other things. Doesn't mean you don't teach/drill, but mechanics are so important.

3) Please quote where I said game time doesn't help? I said you don't NEED game time to improve fundamentals. You NEED indy periods. Putting points that I didn't make in your post doesn't help with debate.

4) Again, you missed everything I said. I said he should play to put it on film at this point. But yes, to start the season, when the intention was to win, I would have done the same thing Gruden did. Caveat being is that I would have given Haskins more first team reps to help his improvement. 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I am not 100% on that first one. I need to see him a play  a little bit more. I mean, over the last two weeks, he put together the best drive lol.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think you need to see a bit more of him to make a judgement on that. He came in that Giants game thinking he would win it. Live fire. Easy to revert back to what he is used to doing. He looked better from week 1 to week 4 in the preseason. Maybe the more live action he sees the more he can implement the fundamentals he has been working on...maybe...

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is the big one. If he shows improvement, and looks like a possible franchise QB at times, that may help attract better candidates. If he looks like a lost cause, those candidates may want to come in and start over with a top pick. Either way, I think you have to put him out there. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't feel good about this, but it is a first step.

Naa bro, it'd be a good 2nd step after his contract is up and actual personnel personnel replace the ineptitude at the top.

Bruce needed gone before Shanahan was gone.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Shout out questions as Bruce runs from the podium... trending

Why did you release the video of Jay after 3 years?

Did leaking the video provide a way to not pay Jay?

Why did you fire Jay at 5am, and were you scared that he wouldn't sign the non disclosure agreement?

Won't the video leak make it harder to find your next coach?

Have you considered resigning now that our stadium is overrun by opposition fans weekly?

Why do you only come to the podium once every 4 years? 

I foresee a Trent trade on the cheap and stadium deal thrown together being announced soon - to try to deflect. 

More questions Id ask:

Why did you tag players when you leaked the video?

Aren't you worried what would happen if players and thew league find out you tagged players to a video you leaked?

How did you get that guy to post the video? Did you pay him?

Apparently, this type of behavior by Gruden was rather common--weren't you worried a bunch of other videos would come out over the last 3 years? 

Since it's been reported that the video is 3 years old and you've been sitting on it the entire time, why did you extend Gruden for another 2 years right after finding out about it?

Why did you tell the guy who leaked the video for you to make his account private right after leaking it so that nobody else could see it?

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

All I'm gonna say is if you feel like bragging because Russini of all people said this, you might wanna wait a bit first. And I'm being generous.

You know what my friend I was expecting  a response like this.   I am not bragging - LOL!  I am just saying you thought it was an illogical premise. Okay Russini aside,  lets see how this goes down.   There is another motive here that transcends just the firing.  We will see.  Stay tuned.

But I want to say this.  Sometimes there is no reason except to take a shot at someone.  To hurt their further prospects.  Just to be nasty. And that is Bruce and Dan.  A deleterious tag team.  They are nasty little ****s.  How many times do we have to see this?  

And because of this sick ass relationship I do not see Dan relieving Bruce of his duties. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, we all kinda knew this deep down. Team played like it every Sunday. But to see it basically confirmed. Yikes.

Don't we all know deep down, that despite what the players say, most know they never had a chance to win without a legit QB?  Nobody is going to come out and say that their teammates suck.  I'd venture a guess that these are actions you see taken damn near everywhere where folks don't believe they have a chance to win.

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

Manusky should be next.

From what the reporters have said Manusky and Tomsula are a package so if one goes the other goes too.  I'm guessing we ride it out with those guys and see a completely new staff in here next year.

So they are saying coaches on the phones during practice. 

Gruden may have not been THE problem with this org. But he definitely contributed to it. The more I read the more I think we need a generational coach and GM to fix this. Meaning we are never gonna fix it. 

If these reporters throw away this opportunity in order to ask Bruce a ton of questions about the leaked Jay footage I'm gonna be pissed. That's the chum in the water, stay focused on his overall performance here and HAMMER him. 

Archived