Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

Just now, wit33 said:

I hear you, never will step in way of how someone chooses to establish value as a fan, so my bad there if I did so. 

I dont like this style or form of reporting is all. The story itself isn’t an issue for me. It just feels like a “play” on words to create some Wednesday buzz (my interpretation). 

I didn't necessarily mean it adds any more logs to my fire as a fan.  At this point, there is nothing positive or negative that can be said about either Dan or Bruce that will sway my opinion one way or the other.  The story is already written and published on both men.  But if using wordplay like that, whether accurate or not, gets folks that aren't as savvy about the Redskins onto the hatewagon against these men, I'm all for it.  The louder and hotter it gets, the higher the likelihood of change.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't necessarily mean it adds any more logs to my fire as a fan.  At this point, there is nothing positive or negative that can be said about either Dan or Bruce that will sway my opinion one way or the other.  The story is already written and published on both men.  But if using wordplay like that, whether accurate or not, gets folks that aren't as savvy about the Redskins onto the hatewagon against these men, I'm all for it.  The louder and hotter it gets, the higher the likelihood of change.

Understood. Thanks for the added perspective. Seriously.

I can now construct a narrative in my mind that involves trashing the FO in hopes of a change. And potentially feeling vindicated when the eventual change does take place, as one feels they’ve contributed to the overall negative energy towards the regime. 

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

And potentially feeling vindicated when the eventual change does take place, as one feels they’ve contributed to the overall negative energy towards the regime. 

I'm not worried about any type of vindication.  I don't feel like my ire for Dan or Bruce is special nor do I think my recommendations for how to fix this mess are groundbreaking.  Vindication for me will simply be getting to watch and rally behind a good football team.  I actually miss defending this franchise but after so much time, and so much wrongdoing, it wears you down and you see things for what they really are.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not worried about any type of vindication.  I don't feel like my ire for Dan or Bruce is special nor do I think my recommendations for how to fix this mess are groundbreaking.  Vindication for me will simply be getting to watch and rally behind a good football team.  I actually miss defending this franchise but after so much time, and so much wrongdoing, it wears you down and you see things for what they really are.

I’m with you for the most part. I did feel the last few years allowed for some competitive football to take place, but the step from average to good is a monster and this current regime was unable to make it happen. 

Though, I feel we’ve returned to the cellar this year, and this isn’t indicative of how the 4 prior years were. There’s a difference in how this season feels than previous years, but I’m on board with a change needing to take place. 

I find it hilarious that Skins fans can’t, for a second, buy that dumb ass Snyder/Allen would be mad as hell that the other local teams are way more successful organizationally.  It’s hilarious to think that Snyder and Allen would be steaming mad and having absolutely no clue why they haven’t been able to sustain success.  It is BAFFLING that Dan Snyder is a self made billionaire, yet such a ****ing buffoon 🤣

I can see Dan being angry or frustrated that those teams turned their teams around and are enjoying not only success, but the adoration of the DMV. However, once the flush of the green monster fades, what should be prominent are the lessons.

The Capitals found success by firing their long time GM and the coach that helped them climb to mediocrity. Interestingly, the GM hire was an internal one that although scorned by the fans turned out well. If we copy the Caps model, we fire Bruce Allen and Gruden and promote Kyle Smith while getting a gray beard very well respected head coach who's never quite reached the mountain top.

The Nats on the other side have one of the best GMs in the biz and someone who has built the team slowly and diligently through the farm system, free agency, and shrewd trades. When the relief pitching was killing them, it didn't take years for the Nats to restock, they figured out how to do it within season. When injuries hit the bats they weathered that storm and kept churning. If the Redskins follow the Nats model then they need to fire Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden and open up the bank vaults to the most respected front office man they can get who in turn will identify an up and coming coach who's never handled the reins but is well respected around the league.

It's okay for the Redskins to resent other teams' successes, but it's far better if they learn from their mistakes.

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The Capitals found success by firing their long time GM and the coach that helped them climb to mediocrity. Interestingly, the GM hire was an internal one that although scorned by the fans turned out well. If we copy the Caps model, we fire Bruce Allen and Gruden and promote Kyle Smith while getting a gray beard very well respected head coach who's never quite reached the mountain top.

That's the only grey beard coach we do have that I can think of:

5x7iu86md5i31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Not sure I can second that...

They did post a “good luck” for the Nats yesterday also.  They did not post a congrats this morning.

But honestly, I think this is picking nits.

Also, with all the talk of eroding fan base, of the team strung together 2-3 competent seasons with playoff appearances and were a contender, the fans WOULD come back.  One year is probably not enough. 

24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The team Twitter account wished the caps good luck this season, now can we shut the **** up about all this stupid ****? Good lord 😂😂😂 

No one's dumb enough to believe the team Twitter = Dan Snyders true feelings towards the other teams in town, or anything he's even remotely aware of (that's likely handled by a particular branch of the team ops and probably run by several low level employees).

Good lord, don't tell me you actually fell for that

As for Chris Russell comments.  It wasn't Joe Barry that he said he'd quit about.  It was if they signed Desean Jackson.  😀  Russell has been pretty on the money for about 3 years or so on FO stuff, he broke the Scot story, had the Doug promotion first among other things.  Everybody is wrong sometimes including Russell.  But I take him at least somewhat seriously.  He's actually relatively nice when talking about Dan typically.  But he's no fan of Bruce.

Loverro said in a podcast that he heard that Dan doesn't like Leonsis.  As for the nationals, who knows?  But since Dan has been mostly a loser during his ownership, I would bet he begrudges success of other owners especially since it proves that you can energize the local fan base via real success.  So I'd bet tweets like the ones below rub him the wrong way.

Never said i thought Snyder tweeted that or that the team tweet=snyders true feelings about the capitals. I know very well that it is most likely some social media person tweeting that. 

What my point was, was why does anyone give a **** what Snyder or Bruce Allen think about other teams? Those two suck, therefore this topic is meaningless (in my opinion). 

11 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-angry-about-capitals-success

If true, then good. I hope the Nationals victory last night chaps that little midgets ass.

He has no one to blame but himself for this wretched product

First post here as a Patriots fan. I'm just going to state what every NFL fan knows as an irrefutable fact just, to get a vibe of this forum. Snyder is one of the worst owners in professional sports in the US. He took your once proud franchise and turned it into a laughingstock with absolutely no direction or future. 

Another question... My bother is convinced the Skins were going to choose Haskins in the last draft. I think they wanted Haskins the whole time.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

why does anyone give a **** what Snyder or Bruce Allen think about other teams?

Not "other" teams, not some disparate removed cricket club in England, but the counterpart professional organizations from the "same" city.

(No commentary on the accuracy of the report).

8 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Not "other" teams, not some disparate removed cricket club in England, but the counterpart professional organizations from the "same" city.

(No commentary on the accuracy of the report).

Other teams, meaning the capitals and nationals. Didn’t think I’d need to explain that 😂😂😂😂😂

as if i need to say my point AGAIN, it’s: why do we give a **** what those two idiots feel towards successful teams? They obviously don’t care or they’d be doing something about it. So, if they don’t care, why should we 😂😂😂😂😂

40 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

First post here as a Patriots fan.

What a coincidence!!!

This is my first post here as a Patriots fan as well.

Go Patriots!!!

0-5 is inevitable and I hope Dan enjoys that bottle of crown Royal, and the hangover is intense.

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

What a coincidence!!!

This is my first post here as a Patriots fan as well.

Go Patriots!!!

0-5 is inevitable and I hope Dan enjoys that bottle of crown Royal, and the hangover is intense.

I’m a bit edgier, I’m actually a Ravens fan rooting for the Redskins because I hate the Patriots because they have become quite the rival through the years through big game after big game & also because I grew up a Redskins fan 🤷‍♂️

Archived