Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Good grief, I wonder if there's ever been a scenario where all the coaches from the same division have been fired in the same season.

Eagles are losing to the Giants, Boomer E. said the morning he's been hearing rumblings about Shurmur, its been no secret what Jerry's up to and if the Eagles lose out, I could see them making a change.

So much coach search competition.  Too bad we suck in a division that could have been won by a .500 team.  😕

For those who don't click on that article above. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/eric-bieniemy-early-frontrunner-washington-redskins-head-coach-job/

With the help of Reid, Bieniemy has overseen a potent offense with Patrick Mahomes under center. Together, they constructed the league’s top-ranked offense in 2018, which averaged 425.6 yards per game. Mahomes, meanwhile, put together one of the greatest seasons in league history with 5,097 passing yards and 50 touchdowns.

If Bieniemy does, in fact, become the head coach of the Redskins, the hope is that he would be able to replicate this success with the likes of Haskins, Terry McLaurin, Derrius Guice, and others.

Will Bieniemy’s past history at Colorado come into focus?

Most NFL fans remember Bieniemy as a running back for the Bengals from 1995 to 1998, but before that, he was a star running back at Colorado University.

While at Colorado, he put up some impressive numbers. As a freshman in 1987, he rushed for over 500 yards. The next season, Bieniemy was the first running back at CU since 1977 to rush for more than 1,000 yards. He also tied a school record by rushing for more than 100 yards in seven games.

While the numbers were impressive, it was slightly overshadowed by an altercation that Bieniemy was a part of during his freshman season. Reports claimed that Bieniemy had been called a racial slur during which a bar-room brawl had broken out. Bieniemy pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to perform community service.

In 2001, Bieniemy was hired as Colorado’s running backs coach but was arrested in April of that year for a DUI. As a known legend in the program, Bieniemy was also a major figure in the recruiting process. During his two years there, several rape allegations were pressed against Colorado players, and Bieniemy’s time there ended while the school was under investigation.

However, even with all of this in Bieniemy’s past, Allbright reports that he is widely thought of as a good guy around the league.

Concerns about Bruce Allen and Washington’s power structure

According to Allbright, there is some hesitation from numerous head coaching candidates because they are concerned about president Bruce Allen and the power structure in Washington. In fact, according to PFN Draft Analyst and Insider Tony Pauline, many in the league believe that the Redskins won’t win until Allen is replaced.

It was assumed that when Snyder relieved Jay Gruden of his head coaching duties, Allen wouldn’t be far behind. There were also reports earlier this month that Snyder was evaluating the future of everyone within the organization. This all makes for a difficult environment for a new head coach. This very well could play a big role in the hiring process, but Snyder knows of the concerns and could lead to him dismissing Allen.

If Bieniemy is hired, it would break the recent trend of young, offensive college minds being thrust into NFL positions. Coaches like Sean McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, and Zac Taylor are all leading NFL teams at the moment, whereas Bieniemy has nearly more coaching experience than the three combined. He has 10 years of experience as a position coach, with three years as an offensive coordinator.

Bieniemy knows what he can bring to a team offensively. He leads with confidence, and it is likely due to said confidence that Snyder is considering him for the head coaching position.

“If you know anything about me and what I did at Colorado as the offensive coordinator, people would be shocked and surprised,” Bienemy said. “People look at me sideways because I’m a running back, and they think I always want to run the ball. No. I understand the importance of the passing game, and I understand the importance of making sure we’re pushing the ball down the field.”

5 hours ago, skinzplay said:

My guess is Bienemy will end up in Carolina or Atlanta. Alex Smith is not determining who will be the next HC, team president, or GM in Ashburn.

And my guess is that Alex Smith is given an influential role in the front office and that he, along with Doug Williams, become the faces of Redskins management. The two of them will then go hard after Bienemy and he will accept. Of course, he'll need to retire as a player but that should just be a formality. Bruce will either be fired, resign or be moved out of football operations and left to pursue the stadium. This would all be tremendous news. 

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

And my guess is that Alex Smith is given an influential role in the front office and that he, along with Doug Williams, become the faces of Redskins management. The two of them will then go hard after Bienemy and he will accept. Of course, he'll need to retire as a player but that should just be a formality. Bruce will either be fired, resign or be moved out of football operations and left to pursue the stadium. This would all be tremendous news. 

I love ol' Doug, but he has no business directing anything related to a team's football operations. He would be a nice mentor for young players, but beyond that, no mgmt role. As for Alex Smith, he's spent the last year and a half in intense rehab, not a football mgmt trainee program. I want someone who has experience running these operations. We all know that the owner has no acumen for it, so our team needs a credible, bona fide executive with experience. Ashburn ain't a place for people who need training wheels. I do like Smith, too, and given all that he's been through, I hope he finds a way to stay close to football without trying to play again.

Adrian Peterson also has a ton of respect for Bienemy.

I think anyone coming from the Andy Reid tree should have major consideration for a NFL job.  Andy Reid dominated the NFC East for a very long time and has been very consistent where ever he has been.  We would be lucky to get Bienemy....I hope it works out.

53 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bienemy has never called plays for KC.  Andy Reid let Doug Peterson call plays then Matt Nagy but never handed the reigns over to Eric B. This is basically a Jim Zorn situation with Zorn under Holmgren. Redskins should want no part of it in my opinion. 

We can talk a lot of **** about Zorn but the trainingscamp drills where fun and the man was easy to mock (maroon and black!). At least the man made me laugh in all the missery 😂 

It sounds like Mike McCarthy is all set and ready to coach again.

"I'm not trying to just go win one, I'm trying to win them all." If you have any question about what returning to an NFL sideline in 2020 means to former #Packers coach Mike McCarthy or the work he's put in to be ready, check out this glimpse at my

feature.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1204150720112537600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Elist%3ATheBnGNation%3Aredskins&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.burgundyandgoldnation.com%2Findex.php%3Fsid%3D8dca14c7bdca1c890addf764bec189aa

20 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Adrian Peterson also has a ton of respect for Bienemy.

I think anyone coming from the Andy Reid tree should have major consideration for a NFL job.  Andy Reid dominated the NFC East for a very long time and has been very consistent where ever he has been.  We would be lucky to get Bienemy....I hope it works out.

This is exactly what people said about Zorn under Holmgren. What has Eric B ever done? He is OC in name only. Doesn’t call the plays. Other Reid OCs have called plays including Prederson and Nagy most recently. So if Andy isn’t willing to hand Eric B the play calling duties like he did his other coordinators why in the world would we make him the head coach?

This is literally Zorn 2.0 and why is there even speculation who the front runner is before the GM is settled? 

7 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:

It sounds like Mike McCarthy is all set and ready to coach again.

Haslett is part of the rat pack that McCarthy has put together. No thanks. That'll be a hiccup for some GMs, too. Maybe Haz will assume an Associate HC/Defense title and there's someone else on staff with DC title. The semantics/smoke and mirrors ploy could push that through; we'll see. Or maybe there'll be a new, improved, and rejuvenated Haslett.

Archived