Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Just to be clear I’m not trying to say they are similar people, or the problems were similar. I certainly have no reason to believe he’s a “bad guy”

all I’m saying is he skated by without much scrutiny because Snyder was the giant piniata in the room. 

now that Snyder is gone, the bar is no longer loathsome piece of **** everyone hates. 

Just being a bad owner and not producing better than mediocrity is not good enough. 

And totally flubbing a stadium deal the way he did, tracks along just great with the rest of it. 

edit: I don’t think the people that frequent this thread want to watch, much less participate in, this kind of discussion. Sorry, I’ll leave it at that. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

They were never going to win every game down the stretch. I'm not pissed  with the loss - sorta expected it after the emotional win on Tuesday at home. Detroit and Philly both fell tonight, so we didn't lose any ground.

But giving up 50 shots is concerning. If they don't tighten up defensively on Saturday against Boston, the Bruins are going to eat their lunches.

Why they put Ovi in the shootout just boggles my mind.  I know 100000% he wasn't going to win it.  They should have definitely put someone else in there for the potential win.  

Hell the Locker even said Ovi is 0-6 this year before he attempted it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is kinda neat, but come on, two media types and only one former player and one former coach?  The reason ManningCast works is because they have such a deep understanding of the nuances of the game that goes WAY beyond what a radio host and a beat writer have.  What you really need is someone who is recently retired (so understands the current state of the game) and who had a knack for understanding what was going to happen before it happened.  Nick Backstrom is almost too obvious, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/04/01/capitals-wizards-alternate-broadcasts/

Monumental Sports Network will feature three alternate Wizards broadcasts and five alternate Capitals broadcasts over the remainder of the teams’ regular seasons, starting with the Capitals’ home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday. The broadcasts, available on linear TV and the network’s streaming platform as a complement to the regular game broadcast, will be modeled after ESPN’s popular “Manningcast,” with a rotating list of guests providing analysis and commentary for select games from the network’s recently opened studios adjacent to Capital One Arena.

In addition to Buckhantz, the Wizards’ alternate broadcasts on April 9, 12 and 14 will feature appearances by former Maryland guard Greivis Vasquez and former Wizards center Jason Smith. JP Finlay of 106.7 the Fan and Monumental Sports Network’s Beltway Football podcast will serve as the primary host. The Capitals’ alternate broadcasts on Thursday, April 11, 13, 15 and 16 will be hosted by 106.7 the Fan’s Grant Paulsen and feature former Capitals forward and 2018 Stanley Cup champion Devante Smith-Pelly, former Capitals Coach Bruce Boudreau and longtime Capitals reporter Tarik El-Bashir. The network has not announced which guests will appear for which games.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Sounds like April fools? JoeB and Locker are the best play by play/color commentator team in the league. And I don't even think that's a biased opinion? 

Are they still around?  That's Home Team Sports era.  Good for them. 

I always have thought our announcers were underrated... not just Joe and Craig, but Mel and Phil... (and Buck did grow into that roles).  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Are they still around?  That's Home Team Sports era.  Good for them. 

Oh yea, Joe and Craig still on top of their game. Smokin' Al as well. (Not sure about Mel and Phil, I think they've been replaced? But, I don't follow the Bullets much anymore)