Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Fond  memories of the “HSB” line circa 97-99  ….  no one messed with those guys …

Oh that trio, along with Tinordi and Witt, were great.  We weren't the most talented team, but nobody wanted to play against us.

Simon was at one point a top-5 heavyweight in the league, but when he came to the Caps he could just never stay healthy.  Then he had that ridiculous season where he scored 29 goals to lead the team, decided to cash in by holding out for a bigger contract, and missed all of training camp.  As soon as he came back, he messed up his shoulder and was never the same player.  To his credit, he would still answer the bell against other enforcers.  But he went from pounding guys, to just hoping he could hold his own (and a lot of times he couldn't).  When Stephen Peat emerged as our tough guy, Simon became expendable. 

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Caps put a lot of pressure on in the first period, but just weren't able to capitalize.  It was a closer game than the end score shows when everything suddenly fell apart at the end.

Completely agree.  For the first 2 periods I thought they matched up really well against a very talented Toronto team.  Disappointed that the Leafs seemed to have more in the tank in the 3rd, even though they played last night and we were rested.

No shame in losing to Toronto after 3 hard fought victories on the road.  But they absolutely have to win at least one of their two games this weekend versus Carolina and Winnipeg, and it won't be easy.

Haven't seen the replay since the game, but my impression was that Wilson's stick ramped up the shaft of the other dude's stick, which is what lead it to the face, not a targeted headshot.  I seem to recall he only had one hand on the stick, too.

• Thanks 1

It seemed like an accident (I'm biased) but he's gotta be more careful with his stick.  Deserves a game or two, but I'm hearing the possibility of 6 or more, which would be ridiculous.  That big goofy jerkoff for the Rangers (Rempe) has been running players every night since he came into the league, and he finally got suspended after a blatant elbow to the head of Siegenthaler (who is still out 2 weeks later) and that was 4 games.  Rielly from the Leafs was suspended for 5 games for cross checking a Senator in the face after the guy scored a goal, in a play that to me isn't much different from the Dale Hunter hit that people still talk about 30 years later.

I get it that Willy is a repeat offender, but 6 or more games would be overkill, and would probably end our season.

Edited by capcrunch98
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

It seemed like an accident (I'm biased) but he's gotta be more careful with his stick.  Deserves a game or two, but I'm hearing the possibility of 6 or more, which would be ridiculous.  That big goofy jerkoff for the Rangers (Rempe) has been running players every night since he came into the league, and he finally got suspended after a blatant elbow to the head of Siegenthaler (who is still out 2 weeks later) and that was 4 games.  Rielly from the Leafs was suspended for 5 games for cross checking a Senator in the face after the guy scored a goal, in a play that to me isn't much different from the Dale Hunter hit that people still talk about 30 years later.

I get it that Willy is a repeat offender, but 6 or more games would be overkill, and would probably end our season.

This. rempe has come in to the league fighting and brawling. why don't they go after him