Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Would have to go back over 20 years (Olie Kolzig) to recall the last time a Caps goalie carried a team on his shoulders to make the playoffs.

The rest of the club is playing great, and buying into Carbery's system. But let's be clear - without Chucky we're talking about a lottery pick right now, not a playoff spot.

Can't wait for Tuesdays game vs. the Wings.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Really looking forward to tonight's game. This is going to be a true test of what this team is made of.  If they come out flying and hitting, I like their chances. If they have a flat first period, and rely on Lindgren to keep their asses in it with 12 ten-bell saves, they don't deserve to be in the postseason, whether they squeak in or not.

• Thumb up 1

This team keeps answering the bell. Never expected them to be playing meaningful games into April. Proud of them, regardless of how things turn out the next couple weeks.

What a rollercoaster night. Late in the 3rd both the Caps and the Rangers (vs. Philly) were winning, and then almost simultaneously the Wings and Flyers tied it up. Both teams ended up losing in OT. Sucks they each got a point, but it doesn't matter as long as we keep taking care of business. 

Maybe we could start calling it the The Strome Dome.  At least sometimes.

Amazing what merely cutting dead weight does for a team.  Its not exactly like we had a fire sale, our big name vets were mostly injured/underperfoming.  But moving on from Kuznetsov and Mantha I has woken this team up a bit.  Would be hilarious if we somehow made the post season.

5 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Maybe we could start calling it the The Strome Dome.  At least sometimes.

Amazing what merely cutting dead weight does for a team.  Its not exactly like we had a fire sale, our big name vets were mostly injured/underperfoming.  But moving on from Kuznetsov and Mantha I has woken this team up a bit.  Would be hilarious if we somehow made the post season.

Yeah, it's not often you see deadline  sellers make a run. 

I think what saved us is this year was clearly a buyers market. If GMBM would've gotten a fair, solid offer for Lindgren and Dowd, both of them would be gone, and our season would've been over 2 weeks ago. Good on him for not giving them away for dog ****, which I'm sure is what he was offered.

• Like 2