Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

There's another 30-goal season under Ovechkin's belt.

Announcers: You know, the shots are heavily in Detroit's favor, but Washington's had quality.  It could easily be 2-0 Washington.
*30 seconds later
Announcers: It's 2-0 Washington.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

After the regular season is over with. 

Hey its cool being able to actually enjoy the regular season with lowered expectations, where making the playoffs actually feels like an accomplishment.   Brings back that 2007-2010 era feeling.

• Thumb up 1

Only thing that matters is that Ovechkin is scoring goals. To get to 30 after where he was a couple months ago is amazing. I wish it would've happened with the Caps being one of the worst teams in the league so the rebuild would move along but oh well. 

20 hours ago, Hersh said:

Only thing that matters is that Ovechkin is scoring goals. To get to 30 after where he was a couple months ago is amazing. I wish it would've happened with the Caps being one of the worst teams in the league so the rebuild would move along but oh well. 

I agree, but they played themselves out of a good draft pick several months ago. So as a fan, it only makes sense for me to live in the moment and cheer for a playoff berth. There's a strong possibility this season is the last chance for Ovi, Oshie, and Carlson to make the postseason.  

Can't lose twice to Buffalo in 10 days and expect to make the playoffs.

If this score holds, they're probably going to have to secure 5 out of 6 points their last 3 games. That's a tall order considering 2 of those games are against Boston and Tampa.