Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I'm not seeing a team who deserves to be in the playoffs. Aside from some good stretches against the Bruins on Saturday, this club has been very disappointing since their emotional win 9 days ago versus Detroit.

Well, they made it to the first week of April in a playoff spot, which is a lot better than most of us expected of them just a few months ago. But flirting with a hot girl at the bar for a few hours - making her laugh and buying her drinks - doesn't mean much if she just gives you her email address and then goes home with another guy at the end of the night. 

The Caps aren't out of it yet - a win tomorrow vs. Carolina and a win Sunday vs. a crappy Ottawa team would put them back in the drivers seat. But that hot girl at the bar is definitely starting to talk to other dudes.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Recent dental work has me unable to eat hot food thus I have to go to Subway constantly to get cold cuts.

You know they sell bread and cold cuts at the grocery store.  Making a sandwich isn’t that hard.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, China said:

You know they sell bread and cold cuts at the grocery store.  Making a sandwich isn’t that hard.

They do! I've been eating them for lunch! 

But it's more difficult to get those to the game! 

2 things I noticed last night that has been a consistent problem with this team.

1. The power play - they have such trouble entering the zone.  I just don't get it because they are up a man.  They always either just dump it in or have someone coming in hot with the puck and other team just plucks it away.  It always seems like that happens and power plays get wasted away.  Even on the 5v3 this crap happens.  It makes no sense.  Then it's 5 on 5 and they get it in no problem.  Other teams get setup 5v4 on problem against us.  It makes no sense.

2. They try to get too cute too often.  I saw this multiple times last night where they should have just flung it at the net for a shot but instead went for some fancy stupid extra pass and we lose possession.  Or they just try to do fancy stupid passes in general and turn it over.  It just annoys the hell out of me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

2 things I noticed last night that has been a consistent problem with this team.

1. The power play - they have such trouble entering the zone.  I just don't get it because they are up a man.  They always either just dump it in or have someone coming in hot with the puck and other team just plucks it away.  It always seems like that happens and power plays get wasted away.  Even on the 5v3 this crap happens.  It makes no sense.  Then it's 5 on 5 and they get it in no problem.  Other teams get setup 5v4 on problem against us.  It makes no sense.

2. They try to get too cute too often.  I saw this multiple times last night where they should have just flung it at the net for a shot but instead went for some fancy stupid extra pass and we lose possession.  Or they just try to do fancy stupid passes in general and turn it over.  It just annoys the hell out of me.

Agreed.......and #2 is a big one for us.

Mrs. Skinsfan & I scream "shoot!!" so much that we're going hoarse.

• Like 1

I've said before, they're missing the superstar factor. The Strome/Milano/McMichael types can get the job done on occasion (in their secondary points roll) but the superstar center/forward that can consistently put up point(s) per game is missing. No stud #1 center is also why they can't enter the zone very well a man up. 

Somehow in the offseason they need to find a legit replacement for 1 or 2 of Nicky, Oshie, Kuzy, Ovi, Carlson..  Was hoping Miro may step into a roll, but so far he's not got the "it" factor that superstars show. Hopefully in time, but the real ones you can usually tell from the drop.. 

Our guys take forever on PP. Other teams scores in less than 30 seconds on their PP. :( 

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

What the hell happened?  I saw the Caps get a PP, then my stream died.  Finally got a stream up and the Caps were on the PK getting scored on.

Sonny Milano Interference against Jordan Martinook with 15 seconds left on our PP.

Edited by zCommander