Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Fun season. Not gonna complain at all. We went from selling at the deadline to making the playoffs. We got some nice young players that we can build around and I believe if we want we got some cap space to play with as well.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Tough season. I checked out on the Caps a while ago, all the childhood trauma from watching the Penguins continually destroy us in the playoffs hurt my psyche, then the continued amazing regular seasons followed by playoff failure in the 2000s. But they won a damn Stanley Cup, and that can never be taken away. It does seem they sort of wasted Ovechkin's career, should have won more, but hopefully they can make one last run. I enjoy watching hockey it is a cool sport. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

But they won a damn Stanley Cup, and that can never be taken away. It does seem they sort of wasted Ovechkin's career, should have won more

Winning Cups is tough. It will be interesting to see how many McDavid or Matthews wind up with when all is said and done.

But the Caps at least should've made more SCF or even ECF appearances during the Ovechkin era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

OT

I played in a golf tournament today. The Caps are one of the sponsors. They had a putting contest, Happy Gilmore style, where you putted with a hockey stick. I sank a putt and won this.😁

20240514_130629.jpg

That's friggin' awesome!  I probably would've lost all sphincter control! 

Congrats!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1