Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

20 minutes ago, zCommander said:

So much for they need to steal one on the road. :(

Aren't next two in DC?

I'm trying to keep things in perspective...we're the 8th seed going against winner of Presidents Cup.

I'm also not gonna pretend I haven't this movie before from a different angle...

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Hersh said:

I wish Oshie would retire. Dude is a walking concussion at this point. 

Sad, but true.  He's definitely got a dinger now. 

The whole time I had a cat freaking out for attention and I was l was like, "can you hang on a minute please?"

And the refs are trash. 

• Sad 1

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

And his own, probably...but whatevs.  

Too many men...count much? :ols:

They thought they were allowed to do that, since the last time they did that against us in the playoffs, we went to the box for too many men instead.

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Aren't next two in DC?

I'm trying to keep things in perspective...we're the 8th seed going against winner of Presidents Cup.

I'm also not gonna pretend I haven't this movie before from a different angle...

Yes. But getting one today would have been nice. We were President Cup winners that one year too so to me that doesn't mean much.

Btw, bad calls shouldn't happen at this stage of the game though. We would be up by 1 right now. 

• Thumb up 2

As much as the loss sucks, I feel better now than after Game 1. The Rangers are the better team, but not by as much as a lot of people think.  We looked really good for long stretches of this game. Can we win 4 of the next 5 against them? Probably not (unless Chucky channels his inner Jaro Halak, which so far he's been unable to do). But we can make this a series.

I think a win on Friday could really get into the heads of the Rags. They're talented, but no championship team has ever had a worthless toolbag like Matt Rempe as their folk hero. They're mentally weak (as seen last year vs. Jersey). We just need to keep pushing them and stop giving them so many PPs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, can someone explain to me why everyone who isn't a Rangers fan hates this Rempe guy?

Cheap-shot artist, Rangers fans insist he's a tough guy but he routinely gets his lunch eaten by legit NHL fighters, has a skillset so limited he makes Ryan Reaves look like Sergei Fedorov, just looks like a douche.  Should I continue?  

The fact the Caps let him score a goal may be the low point of this series for me so far.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Cheap-shot artist, Rangers fans insist he's a tough guy but he routinely gets his lunch eaten by legit NHL fighters, has a skillset so limited he makes Ryan Reaves look like Sergei Fedorov, just looks like a douche.  Should I continue?  

The fact the Caps let him score a goal may be the low point of this series for me so far.

I was on the Rangers board and they were talking about how big and tough he is, hopefully WIlson will put him in his place.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I was on the Rangers board and they were talking about how big and tough he is, hopefully WIlson will put him in his place.

Forget that.  After Panarin's headshot on Oshie, we should skip Rempe and go after their stars.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Forget that.  After Panarin's headshot on Oshie, we should skip Rempe and go after their stars.

If fighting gives them a spark, I say fight away!