Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Kuzy has been cleared to return from Player Assistance Program. Glad for him and his family! Now what? That eats greatly into the salary cap we had to play with. Not to mention roster spots, guys up from Hershey who can't be sent back w/o clearing waivers (Sgarbossa), team momentum.. Would not want to be Caps management this week. 

Sad ending for a guy who at one point looked like he was gonna be a legend for this franchise.  Really reminds me of Semin - top-20 talent but just didn't have his head in the right place.

We'll always remember the bird after scoring the clincher in OT versus the Pens.  One of the top 5 goals in club history. 

• Like 7

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Methinks he's hoping to stay a Cap? 

I dunno.  It's a contract year.  If he want to stay in Washington long-term, he could always go compete for the cup somewhere else after the trade deadline and then re-sign with the Caps in Free Agency.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Return is okay.

In this years market (where the best d-man available - Tanev - couldn't even fetch a 1st round pick or top prospect) I think a 2nd and 4th is a decent haul for Mantha. 10 years ago, when contenders threw around draft picks and prospects like candy, a big winger who scores 20 goals would've gotten us more, but these are different times.

So long, Anthony. You were quite a disappointment for most of your time here, but you ended on a high note.

• Like 1