Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cutdown Thread and Modified 53. Tanner Vallejo added, Roster full (I think for real this time?)

Voice_of_Reason

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is my personal Wish List for PS

Not a prediction, but wishes.

LB Blunt

T Parris

T Hance

CB Harris

TE Parham

WR C Sims

DL Bee

S Reaves

S McIntosh

RB Reynolds

PUP

Brailford

Love

Holtz ?

PUP doesn't work like that.  PUP is for people unable to practice at the beginning of camp.  Only Love is able to go on it

11 minutes ago, carex said:

PUP doesn't work like that.  PUP is for people unable to practice at the beginning of camp.  Only Love is able to go on it

Ok I got my lists and names confused.

Looks like Brailford is headed to IR.

I put a question mark next to Holtz' name only because someone mentioned the possibility of him going on IR.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just don’t understand why Byron Marshall makes the team.  He wasn’t as good as Bibbs, he essentially ended Alex Smith’s career, and he’s just not that talented.  

I just don’t get the obsession.

Byron makes it for 2 reasons :

The only backup to a fragile CT

Special Teams

But I agree on Bibbs. He was good. And comparable to Byron. Not sure why Bibbs was let go. For all we know, it could have been a character or discipline thing.

But Byron is definitely talented. CT himself said Byron could do things CT couldn't

I really think allot of people don’t see the other side to these cuts..

who do you have to keep 100%

who can’t you keep, that you want to 100%

who would be nice to keep

Who do you not care about losing 

Then, you need to list 

who won’t clear too the PS 

Who will clear too the PS 

If you have two players you want 100% but only one can stay, and you know the other is going to get signed away, you must figure out a way to avoid that from happening....

Cam Sims, dropping three ducks, then Haskins taking him over and throwing balls to him, like he all of the sudden can’t catch a floater...

haha, you really can’t see that people can ya? 

Its so obvious, like sugar in soda

They needed the SP team Wr, but can’t stand to lose Cam Sims, I’ll bet right now, if he clears, he’s number one on the PS! 

Bank on it! 

Wow Josh is gone.... ok until we bring him back sure but Bruce was trying to trade him for 2 years...2 years. It just sounds like GM amateur hour. if no one wanted him maybe we shouldn't have either, no matter how thin we were. Just bring in all the worst ranked WR free agents and start to move on. Paging the Michael Floyds.

Time to add McLaurin to my fantasy scout team

I would imagine all these names are getting looks at the practice squad, should they not be claimed:

LB Blunt

T Parris

WR C Sims

DL Bee

S Reaves

CB Alexander

TE Holtz

DL Wicker

and maybe

TE Parham

If they sign all those, that's nine total

56 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Byron makes it for 2 reasons :

The only backup to a fragile CT

Special Teams

But I agree on Bibbs. He was good. And comparable to Byron. Not sure why Bibbs was let go. For all we know, it could have been a character or discipline thing.

But Byron is definitely talented. CT himself said Byron could do things CT couldn't

He’s not that useful in ST

If CT gets hurt, you pick up some “Byron Marshall” who’s still available. You can find RBs who can play mid-season....

There’s no reason for him to be on the roster...

I'm always curious to see who gets claimed on waivers. Not a ton of players get claimed during the season. The vast majority happen right after cutdown day on Sunday. Then there's a smaller second wave of claims as teams claim guys that get cut in Sunday to make room for the initial claims. But it seems like 75% of the total claims for the year happne over these next few days. I know Carl Davis was the "big" name last year, with 4 teams putting in a claim (including the Redskins). With 1-2 open spots, it seems the Redskins may be active making some claims. 

One name that seems likely to be claimed by someone is Jachai Polite. 

The flip side is if anyone from the Redskins gets claimed. Usually the answer is no, but last year saw two claims - Kevin Hogan and T.J. Clemmings. Neither were what I would have considered to be the Redskins "biggest" names, so claims are sometimes weird. It just takes one team to be interested. I'd suspect Josh Docston would be most likely among the cuts to be claimed.

2 hours ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

I think that would have been the case anyway. At least now, we have a chance to have some of them shine and prove teams wrong. Even if they don't, I don't think we are any worse off than we would have been otherwise.

That's true as long as it's basically accepted that this is a pure rebuilding year, at least as far as the offense is concerned. But we know the team doesn't seem to think that way (or refuses to) and that Gruden likely has a really short leash. Unless the plan is to hope that our defense is so good that we can sneak into the playoffs without ever scoring more than 20 points in a game, then I don't see how Gruden is here next season because if our offense is as bad as I think it might be then we're going to lose a lot of games, even with a good defense (I think ours will be very good but not elite). 

I'm just kinda surprised that Gruden didn't keep Doctson since he knew he could at least play in the NFL and I'd assume Gruden is in "win now or lose my job" mode. But maybe in Gruden's mind he already knows this year is borderline lost as far as the offense is concerned...Trent is gone, potentially super weak WR group, the same TEs he's failed with multiple seasons before, a super mediocre QB. The only bright spot is some really nice talent at RB. But that will only take you so far if teams can stack the box consistently, your OL can't run block well, and your TEs are awful at run blocking. 

Maybe Gruden is hoping that if he can develop Haskins enough to the point where he can say to the FO "hey I got this guy this far, and he's looking great; let me keep going with him and he could take us all the way" then he'll be able to keep his job. A rookie QB having to move from one offensive system to another after his first season would definitely have his progress impacted by it. 

9 hours ago, TK said:

He's been on the trade block for the last two years. No one wants him.

He's been arrested twice now on domestic violence charges. No one wants him.

It just takes one team lol...

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess I will be the jerk to say it. With Doctson gone You can kiss the The Scotty era goodbye. And GOOD RIDDANCE. The dude hit on a guard at #5. THAT IS IT.

I am not picking on anyone here on this front.  I see this all over the place, twitter, talk radio, etc.

If the idea is a player is gone means it was a failure then we should all get ready for lemon draft after lemon draft considering the FO's recent predisposition to let our FA's leave in part to add compensation picks.

So that would mean Bruce's 2014 draft, stunk.  Ditto Scot's.  Eventually we likely will be saying the same about Kyle's using the same yardstick.   For example, the NY media i noticed has been talking up Crowder as their likely star #1 receiver -- i doubt they see him as a bust.  They were willing to pay big money for the dude.  We preferred the 4th round comp pick.  

Next question will be who starts at certain positions that have been in question.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For example, the NY media i noticed has been talking up Crowder as their likely star #1 receiver -- i doubt they see him as a bust.  They were willing to pay big money for the dude.  We preferred the 4th round comp pick.  

And all it took was the 2nd of two 7th round picks to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Next question will be who starts at certain positions that have been in question.

To replace, yes.  As for Quinn being as good as Crowder.  We got no idea.  That movie has yet to played.  But it still has nothing to do with my point. 

I wasn't criticizing the idea of getting comp picks, I like it most of the time.  As for Jay being good at finding some diamonds in the rough like Quinn (that was one of his guy) -- there is no doubt.  But I'd like to see Quinn start a full game before anointing him albeit I am jazzed about his potential.    

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not picking on anyone here on this front.  I see this all over the place, twitter, talk radio, etc.

If the idea is a player is gone means it was a failure then we should all get ready for lemon draft after lemon draft considering the FO's recent predisposition to let our FA's leave in part to add compensation picks.

So that would mean Bruce's 2014 draft, stunk.  Ditto Scot's.  Eventually we likely will be saying the same about Kyle's using the same yardstick.   For example, the NY media i noticed has been talking up Crowder as their likely star #1 receiver -- i doubt they see him as a bust.  They were willing to pay big money for the dude.  We preferred the 4th round comp pick. 

I think it's more centered around the idea that the draft is supposed to bring talent to your team, not talent to the NFL. So the reasons those players aren't on the team matters more than just the fact that they aren't. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I can see plenty of reasons to have doubts about Quinn. We can start with 13 out of 16, then add on that he's caught a grand total of 9 catches.

Injury is not a reflection of talent.

Every player on the team has the asterisk of "if he's healthy".

And one year doesn't make a player injury prone.

The man is NFL talent. You have my word.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just don’t understand why Byron Marshall makes the team.  He wasn’t as good as Bibbs, he essentially ended Alex Smith’s career, and he’s just not that talented.  

I just don’t get the obsession.

I don't either. I don't get why we kept Shaun Wilson who's injured.

We could have very well waived him with injury designation then IR'ed him with ease. Opening a spot for someone else.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So technically, Perine got beat out by a UDFA, even though he might end up on IR ?

Technically yes.

It isn't a big deal that Perine got cut, he didn't showed much.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That remains to be seen.

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Injury is not a reflection of talent.

Every player on the team has the asterisk of "if he's healthy".

And one year doesn't make a player injury prone.

The man is NFL talent. You have my word.

I always thought that the good players are on the field, not on the IR.

Players on the IR are useless no matter how talented they are, they aren't starter quality in any way. Substitutes at best.

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I guess I will be the jerk to say it. With Doctson gone You can kiss the The Scotty era goodbye. And GOOD RIDDANCE. The dude hit on a guard at #5. THAT IS IT.

So fitting...  #1 and #2 were cut on the same day... probably within the same hour.  Doc and Sua (from the Broncos)

Here's what it looked like

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'm just kinda surprised that Gruden didn't keep Doctson since he knew he could at least play in the NFL and I'd assume Gruden is in "win now or lose my job" mode. But maybe in Gruden's mind he already knows this year is borderline lost

ur going to be shocked when mclauren turns out to be the next jerry rice... they are soo giddy they cant help themselves....watch

Archived