Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cutdown Thread and Modified 53. Tanner Vallejo added, Roster full (I think for real this time?)

Voice_of_Reason

Just now, NickyJ said:

So we only have 1 WR who's taken significant snaps during the regular season: Paul Richardson. Yay. Somehow we took what we had last year, and found a way to not improve it. Lots of love to McClauren, but he's hardly played in the preseason, and one rookie with some upside isn't going to carry our offense when Richardson and Reed are injured.

Given how men Doctson was, I'm open minded.  Health is the only thing I'm concerned about.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has there been official and reliable word that Doctson has been cut ?

Because Davis making the team doesn't necessarily mean Doctson doesn't make it, IMO.

Partly because Cam Sims has been cut, so I think that leaves open the possibility of Doctson.

Redskins waived WR Josh Doctson.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/9199521

Huh. I think Cutting doctson is a mistake. He’s entering his 3rd year, isn’t that when most WRs show they have what it takes? I would’ve liked to see us keep him just for this final year. 

Sucks about cam Simms as well, but i guess that means good things about Stevie Simms Jr. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Huh. I think Cutting doctson is a mistake. He’s entering his 3rd year, isn’t that when most WRs show they have what it takes?

Maybe 20 years ago but not in today’s NFL. You can tell much earlier if a WR has it. There are late bloomers like any position but I’m comfortable cutting ties with this bum 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

People are glad that we cut Doctson.

And people are mad that we are now left with virtually no NFL experience at WR.

Are they the same people ?

I’d rather have no experience than bad experience 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Put me In the group that's glad we cut Doctson. I'm happy with the young talent we have. Doctson had his chance and never turned into anything. Maybe he gets a shot to prove me wrong, but for now he's a bum. 

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has there been official and reliable word that Doctson has been cut ?

Because Davis making the team doesn't necessarily mean Doctson doesn't make it, IMO.

Partly because Cam Sims has been cut, so I think that leaves open the possibility of Doctson.

Agreed, I wanted to cut Doctson to keep Cam, but cutting both? For who?

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Potential > stagnation at mediocre. All it takes is one guy to become what Docson didn't

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Agreed, I wanted to cut Doctson to keep Cam, but cutting both? For who?

Robert Davis and Stevie Simms

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually 4th year, because remember we voided the 5th year option.

2016 i dont count cause he only played the first two games before being injured the rest of the season. 2017 and 2018 he played, which would’ve made this his 3rd season playing games (and 4th year in the NFL, correct). 

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Potential > stagnation at mediocre. All it takes is one guy to become what Docson didn't

Robert Davis and Stevie Simms

Looks like they are serious about only 5-6 wrs, tops, good for them, I would've cut Quinn and Richardson, too, but that's because I'm sick if them being injured and our WR is super inexperienced even with them still on the roster 

Archived