Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 nfl cuts and who we should be interested

PartyPosse

48 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

"Hello, yeah, I have a player here that I'm going to cut. Could you please send us a draft pick for him instead of not spending anything to get him in free agency?"

Most of these guys go to waivers, and some get claimed. I know the Redskins tried to claim Carl Davis last year. But the Browns (and several other teams) also claimed him. So the question is if it's really worth it to get a guy. In the end, the Redskins just signed Caleb Brantley (who they did not put a waiver claim in for) instead, so it seems like it worked out okay.

Wait, is this team keeping 5 RBs again on the initial 53 again? Jay loves himself some crappy running backs. Even if you IR Wilson, this team also has Love on the PUP. Apparently they just can't quit Marshall. Dude will get hurt in about 10 minutes anyway. But still....

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Wait, is this team keeping 5 RBs again on the initial 53 again? Jay loves himself some crappy running backs. Even if you IR Wilson, this team also has Love on the PUP. Apparently they just can't quit Marshall. Dude will get hurt in about 10 minutes anyway. But still....

It's so ****ing stupid to put this much effort and resources into stashing street FA-level RB's. Wasting an initial 53 spot so you can IR your 6th best RB...smart

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It's so ****ing stupid to put this much effort and resources into stashing street FA-level RB's. Wasting an initial 53 spot so you can IR your 6th best RB...smart

It’s embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It’s funny how so many of you think teams are waiting for the 49th player on the Redskins, whom you pick to be 6-10, while watching 15 players you used to think we’re good get cut from other teams. 

6 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

It’s funny how so many of you think teams are waiting for the 49th player on the Redskins, whom you pick to be 6-10, while watching 15 players you used to think we’re good get cut from other teams. 

It's not so much about thinking teams are waiting for our players, so much as questioning the wisdom of keeping a nobody that is hurt thinking he wouldn't survive otherwise if cut. They are a bad team, making what appears to be bad choices, that's what we are laughing about.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

They let go Flannagan, Holtz, and Pharnam? Kind of surprised about that. I guess we're going with three tight ends and it'll be Sprinkle, Reed and Davis. I'm not sure which of the vets I would have let go for the guys we let go, but I would have liked to keep one of the pups if for no other reason, it'd be nice to have a tight end willing to block if we're going to be a running team.

It's amazing that we are that this point and no change to the TE position from last year. Once again the TE on the field will cue defenses

9 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

It's not so much about thinking teams are waiting for our players, so much as questioning the wisdom of keeping a nobody that is hurt thinking he wouldn't survive otherwise if cut. They are a bad team, making what appears to be bad choices, that's what we are laughing about.

I’m surprised none of you run NFL teams with how much you know just sitting at a computer. 

Think how good you could be if you were around the players and talking to their agents while seeing how they grade out in practice. 

10 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I’m surprised none of you run NFL teams with how much you know just sitting at a computer. 

Think how good you could be if you were around the players and talking to their agents while seeing how they grade out in practice. 

Pot calling the kettle black. Will be interesting to see how they shape the 53. I'm ready for real games.

Bring this man in

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
JAZZ FERGUSONWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Seahawks waived WR Jazz Ferguson.

Ferguson possesses a gaudy combination of size (6'5/227) and speed (4.45 forty), but he battled drops throughout training camp and failed to lock down a roster spot. He caught 7-of-12 targets for 119 yards and a touchdown in the preseason.

RELATED: 
Aug 31, 2019, 2:12 PM ET
  •  

Archived