Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 nfl cuts and who we should be interested

PartyPosse

Just now, max21 said:

Damn was kinda hoping Parham was able to make the team somehow, that’s one big mf

raw as anything from what I've heard.  It may seem like a cool idea to have a guy who can just stand in the back of the end zone and catch the pass put up ten foot but you can't just have a roster spot for that.  So sign him to the PS maybe and hope he can develop

They let go Flannagan, Holtz, and Pharnam? Kind of surprised about that. I guess we're going with three tight ends and it'll be Sprinkle, Reed and Davis. I'm not sure which of the vets I would have let go for the guys we let go, but I would have liked to keep one of the pups if for no other reason, it'd be nice to have a tight end willing to block if we're going to be a running team.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

The first bit of receiver news. Not too surprising. Gruden has said the bottom receivers needed to be special teams guys and more specifically a return guy. Sims clearly showed he could be a solid contributor as a punt and kick returner he other night and even made a great catch in the end zone. I’m glad we kept him. 

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Damn, not my man JP Holtz.......is he eligible for the Practice Squad?

he is.

Just now, moondog said:

The first bit of receiver news. Not too surprising. Gruden has said the bottom receivers needed to be special teams guys and more specifically a return guy. Sims clearly showed he could be a solid contributor as a punt and kick returner he other night and even made a great catch in the end zone. I’m glad we kept him. 

feel like Sims Jr didn't show much till the end of preseason so if he made it I wouldn't be surprised if we keep seven

I’m praying we IR colt. We could use the extra roster spots elsewhere ESPECIALLY with reed and mckinzy hurt. Colt is not a starter plus case seems durable and so does Haskins. I’d rather see them outright cut colt then have him count against the final 53. Dude sucks - he’s a turnover machine that can’t stay healthy for more than a couple games. 

Just now, moondog said:

I’m praying we IR colt. We could use the extra roster spots elsewhere ESPECIALLY with reed and mckinzy hurt. Colt is not a starter plus case seems durable and so does Haskins. I’d rather see them outright cut colt then have him count against the final 53. Dude sucks - he’s a turnover machine that can’t stay healthy for more than a couple games. 

age, cost and the fact he's currently injured makes it feel like we could cut him outright(probably need an injury settlement) and sign him later if necessary.  Hell we could probably let him use our facilities for rehab still

2 minutes ago, carex said:

feel like Sims Jr didn't show much till the end of preseason so if he made it I wouldn't be surprised if we keep seven

True but that’s only in reference to games. Gruden has talked about him on a few occasions and if he did make the team I’m fairly certain he’s our #1 returner for punts and kicks. I wouldn’t hate keeping 7 with or without doctson. See above regarding colt. 

7 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Can anyone confirm that Adonis Alexander was cut?

Would be really disappointed if he was cut because I think he has a ton of talent.

He never seemed to fit our scheme. He'll catch on somewhere...

Cam sims gone per Keim

Craig Reynolds cut per Standig

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

They let go Flannagan, Holtz, and Pharnam? Kind of surprised about that. I guess we're going with three tight ends and it'll be Sprinkle, Reed and Davis. I'm not sure which of the vets I would have let go for the guys we let go, but I would have liked to keep one of the pups if for no other reason, it'd be nice to have a tight end willing to block if we're going to be a running team.

They'll all likely be available for the practice squad, so they're not really "gone". Flanagan is hurt though

Archived