Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

Because why risk injury in a meaningless preseason game.

Seems like the Redskins main focus tonight was getting Guice some decent reps.

And in that effort, they succeeded.

I feel like any play is an injury risk. Throwing to a guy down field who typically, at worst, will drop it or won’t even have the chance to catch it is actually less risky than a dump off with a ton of defenders closing in soon after trying to squash the catcher.

Just now, PotomacGator said:

I feel like any play is an injury risk. Throwing to a guy down field who typically, at worst, will drop it or won’t even have the chance to catch it is actually less risky than a dump off with a ton of defenders closing in soon after trying to squash the catcher.

I think he means injury to Case. Longer routes mean longer wait times to throw the ball. Hence injury. And lord knows Jay has no interest in giving Haskins a fair shake this preseason. I mean play the kid. So what you get 15 more iNT's? You might get 20 more TD's as well.

1 minute ago, PotomacGator said:

Maybe, but I don't think downfield work was their objective tonight.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Look how many times he's been replaced by younger guns in his career. Keeps getting chances and he's a good story but he's obviously got this week 1 job in the bag...why risk it. 

A guy who covered Keenum said he got really conservative in Denver and not in a good way after making mistakes.

i get some want to kick Jay for everything that doesn’t work in the passing game. I get the venting. I’ve even done a long post using analytics showing some of Jays mistakes. So I am far from married to the dude as a play caller. I like him better than most but there are some things I don’t like about his play calling.

however, his plays like most typically have three reads, often high to low in each play. It’s up to the  qbs to decide on the fly as to where to throw the ball not Jay.

Jay and Kirk famously in duel press conferences went into it with Jay jabbing that Kirk is too conservative and Jay saying if he did it the way he’d prefer he’d throw 60tds.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

OMFG, Alex Smit was a Pro Bowl QB, dude.  Case has been a journeyman his entire career.  

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these things just doesn't f'n belong!!

Lmao a probowl QB in KC. No one is a probowl QB in Washington. They don't have the talent. What did Alex Smith do here before his injury? 

Case has no pocket presence and doesnt trust his line.  He seems shell shocked from his time with the Cardinals.  We are gonna have to rely on play action to move the ball.  Case can't hold the ball and look around even when he has protection. His best throws are when he makes a decision pre snap and goes with it.

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any sight of mclovin?

He didnt have a lot of opportunity but he made a tackle on a turnover and drew a pass interference on an end zone play that we wound up not scoring on because our coach is a idiot and flowers is a bad NFL player. /run on sentence

Archived