Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am really hoping that Gruden is holding the offense at bay with this play calling.  I don't know if my TV can survive my yelling for another entire season of seeing a WR core be non-factors.

Gruden has been holding the offense at bay with this playcalling since 2014. His play design is fine mostly. His play selection leaves a lot to be desired and always has.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree with most of what you say. But the starting defense has been absolutely beastly in the preseason. They just allowed 7 points to the Falcons man. That is a real offense.

The Falcons offense is legit.

Even though they didn't have Julio Jones tonight, they are still potent without him.

The Redskins D did a good job containing them.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Come on Gruden please let Haskins go out there and play football a little.  There is nothing to lose letting him have free reign to get a feel for the game and even make a mistake or two. This is the time for that.

I don't think the OL can give him the time to just sling it, he's doing the smart thing by not letting Haskins get killed. 

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Would like to see Sweat make his presence felt more.   Guess I’m just anxious for a game changer on the edge.  

I don't know about him. I think he'll get stood up a lot and have a lot of near sacks. I dont think he has enough bend. This is my pre-draft view of the guy.

I know it is a minority opinion..I'm certainly willing to give him a long leash though because he has some freakish athletic ability. 

I think our defense probably does better with Ryan Anderson in there, at least for now.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Not as much as Haskins.

At what point is Jay going to realize he's not going to get away with failing to develop another first round QB here?

He got to take shots previous weeks. Maybe later tonight. Does every play need to be a TD bomb?

5 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

We are a running team this year like every year. Entire team needs work tonight if Haskins starts later in the year he’s going to handing off...alot

Who cares. We know he can hand off because he's not a moron. We need to see him work his reads, improve his footwork on dropbacks, and perfect his ball placement. We have limited live action snaps without W/L consequences and we're wasting the ones we're giving him with poor playcalling. 

Every 1st down has been a weak run call. That puts him behind the sticks and makes what he's asked to do on 2nd and 3rd harder. 

We need to challenge him.

Archived