Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

Well I guess I’m in the minority as I thought case played decent.   

Liked what I saw out of both sides of the ball for the most part against one of the better teams in the league on the road.  

Obviously our O-line is a concern.  

Didnt like not getting it in after 1st and goal.  

Would like to see Haskins in there with some starters around him. 

All in all, our best game so far which is good considering the (first half of) third preseason game is as close to a regular season game as it gets.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah. A play doesn’t just have one read. The odds are Keenum wanted to throw those screens.  I guess he didn’t want to get hit.

Look how many times he's been replaced by younger guns in his career. Keeps getting chances and he's a good story but he's obviously got this week 1 job in the bag...why risk it. 

Half time.  I do admit that I feel a hell of a lot better about the first team this week than last... waaaay better. Penn and Flowers have come a long way in a short time.  Two more weeks and we may have a sliver of hope against Philly.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've been called worse by better people.

Case is absolute garbage, this is not a winning football team with him at QB, you might as well get that rookie mistake crap out the way in the part of the season we're expected to lose games.  He's the future, we need to act like it at stop trying to sneak in as an 8-8 team.

How many mistakes did Mahomes have last year? After sitting a year behind Alex Smith.

3 minutes ago, SpacePenguin said:

That may not be viable when Brandon Flowers is immediately getting beat by, and hopping onto the back of, whoever is lined up against him on every other play.

If we're starting an old DB on the OL right now that would explain a lot of what I'm seeing. 

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

How much mistakes did Mahomes have last year? After sitting a year behind Alex Smith.

OMFG, Alex Smit was a Pro Bowl QB, dude.  Case has been a journeyman his entire career.  

One of these things is not like the other.  One of these things just doesn't f'n belong!!

2 minutes ago, Cougarrick said:

Why didn't Gruden try a deep pass or two?

Because why risk injury in a meaningless preseason game.

Seems like the Redskins main focus tonight was getting Guice some decent reps.

And in that effort, they succeeded.

3 minutes ago, Cougarrick said:

Why didn't Gruden try a deep pass or two?

Because Gruden has to try to do everything possible to make Case look good to justify him not even giving Haskins a chance in this bull**** “competition”. And yeah a risky deep pass wouldn’t have done that.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Playing in Canada, the CFL field they are on is jacked up near the endzone apparently.

Playing in a foreign country, non regulation field in a preseason game that doesn’t count.  

Big holes in end zone from goal posts 

way to go NFL

Archived