Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photography

LadySkinsFan

Let's use this thread to post stunningly beautiful photos. I'll start with this one from the Birds FB page. Lots of good ones there. Please cite attributes so proper credit is given, especially if there's no watermark.

Photographer: Anil Zutshi

Subject: Common Kingfisher, Mumbai, India.

FB_IMG_1565981820295.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 6

It was also a pulse shot so the lightning bolt strikes and flashes. 

It it was a great week for weather. Plenty of sun, but also a couple of really cool and cinematic thunderstorms that rolled in. I got a couple videos of waterspouts that formed just offshore one afternoon. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post one. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

I didn't take this, but when I was in Grand Cayman this past March my son and I were playing at the shore as the sun was setting, and there was this older couple probably early 50's sitting down enjoying the sunset, and the lady came up to me and said she was snapping pictures of the sunset and caught this picture of my son and I and thought that we would like it.  So she just airdropped it to me right there and then.  This is one of my favorite pics of my son and I.

DOxCpgT.jpg

• Like 11

I'm no photo buff..but I've always like Peter Lik's stuff that we always look at in his Lahaina store in Maui.

Stuff like this (cliffs of Kauai).

Peter-Lik-Cliffs-of-Kauai-Framed-Recess-

Here's a shot or two from Maui that I took with my crappy camera phone last year. 

Sunset at our condo in Kaanapali.

hSm9dh6r.jpg

Secret Cove Beach in Makena.

msWWbuxr.jpg

• Like 6

Two of my favorite photographers are Roy DeCarava and Fan Ho. They have a talent for composition I only wish I could achieve.

Fan Ho:

fan_ho_approaching_shadow_1024x768-800x1×

DeCarava:

1*mbk9HRCpqJ5z60p3FZTebQ.jpeg

A few of my own that I took...not sure if I posted these before. Oh well lol...

I recently discovered that "somberscapes" is an instagram genre of photography and that I had been taking a lot of photos of somberscapes without realizing it:

trees_filtered-lr.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 6

Ansel Adams in Manzanar,(I've passed by this place a few times,but didn't have the chance to stop and look. Not much to it now,but it's definitely in the middle of nowhere). 

img_6501.jpgt

One I took,(Back to landscapes). 617487308_bgdtchwtrloopan2x5(1of1)copy.jpg.65c56170b99502b2695b69ef4d258139.jpg

Oh yeah. And a bird pic. ;)  (From the Laura Quinn Wild Bird Sanctuary/ Florida Keys Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center). 

Florida4.jpg

• Like 3

I like growing parsley both because it's nice to have it to cook with and it attracts beaucoup black swallowtail butterflies.  After watching the wasps suck the caterpillars down like Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti, I saved one and have been raising it in a terrarium.  Henry (soon to be Henrietta) started his chrysalis last night.  Very cool endeavor.

Video of the butterflies

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11REurfa-2wEd2wS8WIrgCWcjDMIpU4O1

IMG_20190813_081503.jpg

IMG_20190820_081308.jpg

• Like 5

On 8/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Because I like birds! 

American Kestrel (Falco sparverius) by Karen L. Sirna.

There is a family of kestrels that lives in my neighborhood and hunts the field behind my house for lizards and grasshoppers and such.  Ours are much plainer being desert birds.

Got this shot of one hovering over my backyard in the wind.  

DSC_0033_edited-1.jpg

• Like 3