Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photography

LadySkinsFan

On 8/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Dan T. said:

I got a couple videos of waterspouts that formed just offshore one afternoon. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post one. 

Hopefully this works.  Click the link below... looking southeastward over the Atlantic from the Corolla , NC coast:

https://dl-mail.ymail.com/ws/download/mailboxes/@.id==VjN-oXi-XXpqmjunuwEqUhtt4SFx5Jyq0gASZiIERFlWylC_EX6mk8yAICMdIxOPFly84QS589m2ULn4HOf3kMCF_g/messages/@.id==AGid0JdYvu6JXVwvUgDLIH4a6uc/content/parts/@.id==2/raw?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch&ymreqid=2b10d231-a8cb-3778-1c6d-16000001ef00&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBaM-NO_WmC9JNPMJdSyRO9W88BnTiOe89qbVe4iqY9X3gL79p0brdQMSr-W6V9fH7voXrvqWXAmKM0cYz1HHvee

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 6:58 PM, PCS said:

One I took,(Back to landscapes).

Geez...great photo!

On 8/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, Elessar78 said:

At the place we stayed at in Greece. Villa was perched on a cliff overlooking the Aegean sea. 

Was it Santorini?...I've posted some of my photos from there in the past. Might be one of the most photogenic places on earth.

23 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Is that Santorini?

😂...I should have read one more post before responding lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Geez...great photo!

Was it Santorini?...I've posted some of my photos from there in the past. Might be one of the most photogenic places on earth.

nah it was on the mainland about an hour for Athens on the eastern coast.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I like yours better.

Thank you.  It's a popular landmark here and I wanted to "bookend" it with a Sunrise pic I took of it from the other side a few years ago.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:20 AM, Califan007 said:

Geez...great photo!

Thanks. That one was 2 Summers in the making. Drove by that spot and took a lot of pictures of it at all times of the day and different lighting. Fortunate enough to finally catch it at pretty close to something I was looking for. It's called Big Ditch here in the Carson Valley and that was one the last time I saw the poppies and sun flowers bloom like that. 

Link to an Art Wolfe photo. Big fan of his. 

https://artwolfe.com/showcase/blue-beauty/

The Sunrise pic. Oh. And of course a waterfall pic. :) 

UH1A0716smll.jpg

lwreglfllssmll (1 of 1).jpg

• Like 9

Probably my favorite picture from our May trip to Venice and Rome. It's even my background on my work computer these days. Sigh...Venice. 

Burano's fisherman's houses.

EsvYyHmr.jpg

Also this is from my overgrown backyard a few weeks ago. A family of kit foxes has moved in.

xFID2hor.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, PCS said:

Thanks. That one was 2 Summers in the making. Drove by that spot and took a lot of pictures of it at all times of the day and different lighting. Fortunate enough to finally catch it at pretty close to something I was looking for. It's called Big Ditch here in the Carson Valley and that was one the last time I saw the poppies and sun flowers bloom like that. 

Link to an Art Wolfe photo. Big fan of his. 

https://artwolfe.com/showcase/blue-beauty/

The Sunrise pic. Oh. And of course a waterfall pic. :) 

More great stuff...and really like those Art Wolfe photos, especially the hippo surrounded by flamingos.

Your story about the one photo being 2 summers in the making is the type of thing that really draws me to photography, but I've never done anything like that (take numerous photos of a place I know I want to photograph in order to get the best result). With the two photos I posted earlier that I took, it was just the opposite lol...I was in Ohio and couldn't get an Uber or a taxi back to my hotel--no uber drivers in the area and a taxi was a 3-hour wait. So like the schmuck I am I decided to walk the 7 miles back to the hotel thinking it was no big thing. But walking the route my GPS gave me had me walking on grass 90% of the time because there were no sidewalks, and almost all of it was on a one-lane back road surrounded by trees, the occasional house off in the distance, and a lot of emptiness (and the occasional cow lol). About 30 minutes into the walk I said **** it, and figured if I have to walk I might as well take some photos while I do to pass the time. Those were probably the two best I took, but they were on my iPhone and not my Canon.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...