Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Really, this is one of those games Cousins is going to have to show he can "make it happen" because overall the 49ers are just a better team.   The 49ers are the most complete team remaining in the NFC, it is a situation where the opposing QB has to put things on his shoulders.  Not a dig on Cousins and/or his abilities, just saying that when you are up against an opponent that overall is flat out the better team, the only real equalizer is when a QB defies those match ups.  We know Wilson/Rodgers have the ability to do it. 

Am I the only one watching this game and think Cousins is better than Garappalo? Difference being Garappalo takes chances cousin won’t? 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Am I the only one watching this game and think Cousins is better than Garappalo? Difference being Garappalo takes chances cousin won’t? 

Youre not. I also think Zimmer is well known for going Schottenheimer and be super conservative. Doesn’t help the game plan.

edit, I also think as good as the game planning for the Vikings was last week, they’ve largely been out coached this week. 

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Nope.  Cousins at this stage in his career is better than Jimmy G, not sure how people could disagree.  The difference is the 49ers are a better overall team and it shows.   Think of it like this, the 49ers team we are watching today, is almost identical in DNA to the team that got to the superbowl with Colin Kapernick.   

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Nope.  Cousins at this stage in his career is better than Jimmy G, not sure how people could disagree.  The difference is the 49ers are a better overall team and it shows.   Think of it like this, the 49ers team we are watching today, is almost identical in DNA to the team that got to the superbowl with Colin Kapernick.   

I was trying to say Cousins was better but I don’t type good sometimes. 

I guess I was just surprised I figured Garappalo was better the way people talk about him. 

I was rooting for Kirk and the Vikings, but my prediction was that the 49ers were going to be too much for the Vikings. Looks like I’m going to be right. 

Sucks too cause i like Kirk. I know others are going to have their own opinions and that’s fine. But for me it sucks knowing the Vikings will most likely lose this game.

If it is about that stage of the game where if you are the team behind, the QB has to take matters into his own hands.  No one around the fact that Vikings offense is not driven by the passing game despite all the weapons out there. 49ers pass rush of course doesn't help matters.

Just now, bh32 said:

Looks like WR just stopped,but who knows

Thielen got beat by Sherman, and stopped his route.  Kirk shouldn’t have thrown at Sherman before his man was open, because he should know Sherman is as likely to be at the spot as his receiver.  Everything went wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I was trying to say Cousins was better but I don’t type good sometimes. 

I guess I was just surprised I figured Garappalo was better the way people talk about him. 

Jimmy G is the same product of the Kyle Shanahan offense that Kirk was.  His average pass is about 5-6 yards, but they are designed to hit the WR/TE while they are running.  Have you seen how many passes by Jimmy today that have been behind the WR?   If he is hitting them in stride, they likely are running for 10-15 more yards.  These things get overlooked when the team is winning, but it is definitely what separates a  "QB that can play within the system" from the truly elite QB's.  49ers fans are just blinded by the team's overall success right now that most of them refuse to be reasonable when discussing Jimmy G's game.  It's the same reason why Colin Kapernick looked like he had so much potential as a QB in 2012/2013 but as soon as their defense and running game weren't dominant anymore, he got exposed.

1 minute ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

Are they though? They haven't been that good this year, and they've given up points on like 3 out if 4 real drives so far. 

Their D is Jeckyl and Hyde.  They can be very good. Or they can get run up and down the field then bow their backs and hold for a FG, Or they can be surprisingly bad.  This is their bad day unfortunately.

Archived