Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

LOL at Dungy calling Garappalo "sensational" today.  Dude was as medium as possible for a post-season QB.  At least 50% of his throws were behind the intended targets, and he is lucky he didn't have 3 INTs before the game was over.   It just shows how when the team wins in the NFL, the commentators will find way to gloss every player on the winning team regardless.

In hindsight I wonder if ZImmer should have done what the 49ers did and come out with a more aggressive offense for the first half, or at least the first few drives, hoping to catch the 49ers defense off balance for what they game planned for.  As it played out the 49ers defense was ready to sell out to stop the run and pressure Kirk on 3rd & longs.  

Cousins has 1 year left on his "Superbowl or bust" contract. 

13 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

Bet cousins wishes he went to San fran

Didnt get the chance. They traded for JimmyGQ before Cousins was free. We could have traded him there, but our owner and GM were just out of infancy at the time and felt “sharing bad!”

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

LOL at Dungy calling Garappalo "sensational" today.  Dude was as medium as possible for a post-season QB.  At least 50% of his throws were behind the intended targets, and he is lucky he didn't have 3 INTs before the game was over.   It just shows how when the team wins in the NFL, the commentators will find way to gloss every player on the winning team regardless.

In hindsight I wonder if ZImmer should have done what the 49ers did and come out with a more aggressive offense for the first half, or at least the first few drives, hoping to catch the 49ers defense off balance for what they game planned for.  As it played out the 49ers defense was ready to sell out to stop the run and pressure Kirk on 3rd & longs.  

Cousins has 1 year left on his "Superbowl or bust" contract. 

Good thoughts. I don’t think anyone else has the talent to stop this team until the Super Bowl though. Green Bay in spite of their record has floundered all year. Seattle is capable, but has a tall task in getting past both GB and SF. Just a poor game plan by Zimmer this last game though. 

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Good thoughts. I don’t think anyone else has the talent to stop this team until the Super Bowl though. Green Bay in spite of their record has floundered all year. Seattle is capable, but has a tall task in getting past both GB and SF. Just a poor game plan by Zimmer this last game though. 

Well to be fair, Seattle did beat the 49ers in San Fran, and would have won that game in Seattle if Pete Carroll didn't once again forget that Marshawn Lynch is a RB on the Seahawks.   That is why I say an elite QB is an X-factor in the playoffs.   I 100% believe the 49ers are the best/most complete team left in the NFC, however beause the other two teams have QBs  Wilson & Rodgers, I think there is a good chance one of them come away with a SB berth.  Probably moreso Seattle than Green Bay.   

Should be a fun NFC title game next week!

It's something really skewed like Baltimore has only lost one game in the last two years when leading at halftime. But in nearly all the games they've been trailing at halftime, they end up losing. Last year they may have won one game when trailing at the Half. But all losses this year, albeit only 2, they were trailing at halftime. 

So the gameplan will be for the Titans to score early and lead at the half, then further the narrative on Vrabel being a defensive genius. 

3 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Just thinking that turnovers are a great vehicle to use for getting the baltimore offense out of their preferred run first style and out their comfort zone to make them a passing team. That would seem to be one way to attack Jackson's limitations.

Thats been the idea on them. But they still run when they are down. Good coach coaches good 

Archived