Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

9 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I don't think he's a very good coach, so no real argument there.

But I think you're overstating the level of talent. They have Watson, who's very good but not quite elite, imo. They have a top-notch WR corps, an OK Line. Their D talent is middle of the pack. RBs are below average.

Maybe they'd all look better with a better coach, and it would be a move I'd applaud. But it's not like you'd expect this team's talent to be romping thru the playoffs generally.

They gave up only 30 once all season. They’re consistently regular season beasts and playoff ****cats. Their defensive talent is above average imo. They were neutralized and O’Brien and Crennel, who somehow keeps getting jobs in the nfl, had absolutely no pushback. 

They bet the farm on Tunsil and have no draft picks in the first two rounds for the next two years and even with Laramy and Max Scharping, the line was shredded, absolutely shredded by a mediocre pass rush playing without Chris Jones.

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I don't think he's a very good coach, so no real argument there.

But I think you're overstating the level of talent. They have Watson, who's very good but not quite elite, imo. They have a top-notch WR corps, an OK Line. Their D talent is middle of the pack. RBs are below average.

Maybe they'd all look better with a better coach, and it would be a move I'd applaud. But it's not like you'd expect this team's talent to be rooming thru the playoffs generally.

That and KC is just better and at home. 

Could he have coached better?  Yes.

Would they have won? Probably not. 

Watson is fine but that defense has basically been dismantled.  It’s a shell of its former self.

That did, I think he’s a doofus.  

I’m just not sure that in this particular case it mattered that much. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

if they get it, he’s praised for being aggressive. I didn’t like the call either but it’s not evidence of a fix, especially when the play worked well but a great 1 on 1 tackle was made to stop it 

Yeah I wasn’t referring to a fix... just it being a terrible call. I’d have gone for the fg too up 21

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That and KC is just better and at home. 

Could he have coached better?  Yes.

Would they have won? Probably not. 

Watson is fine but that defense has basically been dismantled.  It’s a shell of its former self.

That did, I think he’s a doofus.  

I’m just not sure that in this particular case it mattered that much. 

Don’t buy it. You’re up 24-0 and basically gifted a dominant lead and you blow it that badly? No team NO team should blow a lead like that with the team you have. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Giving up 8 TD in 8 straight drives? That’s well beyond 3rd rate defense. That’s cause for cleaning house.

It's entirely possible that Mahomes is jus that good?  This was classic Andy Ried, until Patrick unleashed the kraken.  For real, Mahomes jus saved Reids job in a way McNabb never could.

I can be convinced Obrien cant be trust to take Watson to a superbowl, not with Mahomes in the way.  

Archived