Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNphilly: Zach Brown enjoying Eagles' locker room dynamic which he says differs from Washington in one big way (MET)

desertbeagle85

Can't really say I'm surprised here. I've already said I think the coaching is my biggest concern with this team as of right now. I think Jay is soft and that's part of this teams problem when it comes to being prepared.

I also think soft practicing could lead to some of the injuries the Skins have piled up the last few years. Don't get me wrong some are freak accidents, but some might be do to weak preparation. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/zach-brown-enjoying-eagles-locker-room-dynamic-which-he-says-differs-washington-one-big-way

9 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Well, at this point Zach Brown can pretty much stick it.  He was part of the problem last year, so he can thank himself at least in part for parting with the team on bad terms.

Wait what did Zach Brown do? Was he one of the players calling out the fan base or calling out other teammates? I dont even remember who all was saying what, other than Swearinger and mason foster(who’s still on the roster)

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait what did Zach Brown do? Was he one of the players calling out the fan base or calling out other teammates? I dont even remember who all was saying what, other than Swearinger and mason foster(who’s still on the roster)

See that's what happens when a player leaves. The fans paint some picture like he was the problem when they speak out against this organization after they leave. When really the problem is this organization and has been for close to 30 years.

17 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Well, at this point Zach Brown can pretty much stick it.  He was part of the problem last year, so he can thank himself at least in part for parting with the team on bad terms.

Only reason they released him was,because the organization thought they had something younger, cheaper and better. 

Foster and now he's on IR. So that worked out real well.

Big giant ball of meh.

Zach Brown was not good here, period. Don't care about the clique comment. Most teams are like that (rb's hanging out with rb's, linemen hanging out with lineman, etc). When you win a SB your team becomes a lot tighter overall, I'd imagine.

Zach Brown got paid and totally sucked the following year. The typical m.o., play hard, get paid and then once you do, Coast.  Did not look healthy or engaged or relevant and was benched.  Not a great attitude. I don't care about anything that comes out of his mouth. 

2 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

See that's what happens when a player leaves. The fans paint some picture like he was the problem when they speak out against this organization after they leave. When really the problem is this organization and has been for close to 30 years.

Only reason they released him was,because the organization thought they had something younger, cheaper and better. 

Foster and now he's on IR. So that worked out real well.

Erm no. Brown was a locker room issue.. Spoke out about the coaches and moped on the side line as he was replaced with the likes of JHC and Hamilton 

There's probably some truth to the comments, but it's not like Brown is an unbiased source and its not like he's complain about the Eagles this soon. Plus he's had what, a month or two with the team with no games, no training camp, and a couple of OTAs? Let's revisit after the season

29 minutes ago, Jericho said:

There's probably some truth to the comments, but it's not like Brown is an unbiased source and its not like he's complain about the Eagles this soon. Plus he's had what, a month or two with the team with no games, no training camp, and a couple of OTAs? Let's revisit after the season

Agreed.

Brown probably be on a new team come the 2020 season, and he'll be bad mouthing the Eagles' locker room then. :)

Brown: "This locker room is different from the locker room I came from. There’s no cliques. It’s one big clique. I can talk over there and mess with the linemen, talk with them, chit chat, play cornhole. The running backs are right here, so I always give them s***.”

If he had tried in the 80s to join the 5 o'clock Club, there would have been a giant footprint on his ass from where the linemen kicked his ass out the door lol...

“One time we hear a knock on the door and Joe Theismann opens the door and we just lambasted him. ‘Go drink some tea or wine,’” Butz said. “We knew he was a wine drinker. If you’re not drinking beer, we didn’t want you and you could not come in.”

"[Insert player name here]has spoken out, saying that '[Insert new team name here]'s locker room is so different compared to [Insert old team's name here]. Everyone wants to win.'"

At this point, I think the players must be keeping template forms for these interviews because the names change but the story always stays the same.

45 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Brown: "This locker room is different from the locker room I came from. There’s no cliques. It’s one big clique. I can talk over there and mess with the linemen, talk with them, chit chat, play cornhole. The running backs are right here, so I always give them s***.”

If he had tried in the 80s to join the 5 o'clock Club, there would have been a giant footprint on his ass from where the linemen kicked his ass out the door lol...

“One time we hear a knock on the door and Joe Theismann opens the door and we just lambasted him. ‘Go drink some tea or wine,’” Butz said. “We knew he was a wine drinker. If you’re not drinking beer, we didn’t want you and you could not come in.”

For real. Since when do all your teammates have to even like each other for it to be successful.

Almost every great team in history has aside story about at least 2 guys that wanted to kill each other. The '85 Bears were literally two separate teams with two separate coaches lol.

Its a violent game played by 53 violent people. This notion that everyone  is supposed to love each other and laugh at each others jokes tells you everything you need to know about why his ass got benched and dumped 😂

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Interesting how there is no stories about teams like that now that consistently win.

In fact, I recall a story about how Tom Brady goes and introduces himself to every new player on the team.  Like they don't know who he is but he takes the time to come to them.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

For real. Since when do all your teammates have to even like each other for it to be successful.

Almost every great team in history has aside story about at least 2 guys that wanted to kill each other. The '85 Bears were literally two separate teams with two separate coaches lol.

Its a violent game played by 53 violent people. This notion that everyone  is supposed to love each other and laugh at each others jokes tells you everything you need to know about why his ass got benched and dumped 😂

That's a great story about how a team was setup 34 years ago.  Any recent teams that continually win (or did the Bears continually win?) with a setup like that?

10 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

That's a great story about how a team was setup 34 years ago.  Any recent teams that continually win (or did the Bears continually win?) with a setup like that?

Yeah.... No one continually wins in the NFL, unless you are the Patriots (who were all over the news a year ago because of the kerfuffle between Brady, his trainer, and the coaching staff. Thats a strange barometer for your argument. My larger point was that even the greatest teams of all time had issues with each other. Was it to that degree? No? Does it have to be for my point to be valid? No

Every team in every sport, heck, every job in life is like that. Not everyone is going to be friends, and so long as you have a team of professionals, it shouldn't hamper much.

The Steelers locker room has had issues for years yet on gameday found ways to win.

The  Coughlin Giants were always in the news for the tension between them. The Seahawks had issues at times that bubbled to the surface.

Usually this kind of stuff stays in house, which is why some are allowed to think that it doesn't happen anymore.

I could care less about what Brown stated.  This team is turning into a team of warriors, team players, and high effort guys.  Most importantly we have a ton of high character players.  

I liked Brown, but obviously he wasn't a fit for this team....especially a limited LB with a 8+ million price tag.

Just now, Poindexter said:

I could care less about what Brown stated.  This team is turning into a team of warriors, team players, and high effort guys.  Most importantly we have a ton of high character players.  

I liked Brown, but obviously he wasn't a fit for this team....especially a limited LB with a 8+ million price tag.

It's also highly ironic that he preaches about team guys and such, yet sold the team out to the media.

I bet Jon Allen could tell you a bunch of crazy **** off the record about his first two years here, but you don't see him badmouthing the team.

Can't talk out of both sides of your mouth

This article is the biggest crock of crap. How can he comment on the locker room atmosphere for the Eagles when they haven’t even had their first mandatory mini camp? This article is just about praising the signing of Brown. 

#fakenews!

11 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

Erm no. Brown was a locker room issue.. Spoke out about the coaches and moped on the side line as he was replaced with the likes of JHC and Hamilton 

I bet you think Trent Williams was a locker room issue as well now that he wants out.

Can we get a link to Brown being a locker room issue?

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Yeah, those days were crazy. With today's player and social media there's not way that would fly. 

It's like saying old hockey goalies didn't wear masks. They did a lot of dumb things that just don't fit into society anymore. 

Archived