Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNphilly: Zach Brown enjoying Eagles' locker room dynamic which he says differs from Washington in one big way (MET)

desertbeagle85

Anyone else remember the fluff piece from the Giants about how they got Keenan Robinson and about how he's gonna be the most awesomest nickel linebacker ever? It's a shame the Redskins were such meanies to him, but at least he got to be with a better team that was more friendly, right?

10 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Anyone else remember the fluff piece from the Giants about how they got Keenan Robinson and about how he's gonna be the most awesomest nickel linebacker ever? It's a shame the Redskins were such meanies to him, but at least he got to be with a better team that was more friendly, right?

Same kind of thing happened with Antonio Pierce and he ended up being even better than he was here and won a Super Bowl or two to boot.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Same kind of thing happened with Antonio Pierce and he ended up being even better than he was here and won a Super Bowl or two to boot.

Indeed. It would seem that fluff pieces in the end mean very little. As some old dude once said, Just Win Baby.

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Interesting how there is no stories about teams like that now that consistently win.

I don't remember any stories back then about teams like that who consistently won, either lol...this came out as a story years after the fact, at least the "kicking Theismann out" part anyway.

If you think there will be nothing whatsoever said about the Patriots 10-15 years after Brady and Belichick retire, you're either naive or nuts (not you specifically, but "you" in general). And these types of stories will be said by Brady and Belichick themselves lol...and will be said with a humorous smile on their faces, because they know firsthand that it's normal in team sports and especially in violent team sports.  Gibbs chuckles at retelling how Bostic (I think) went to him demanding a trade and how Riggins urinated on the floor in the middle of a meeting lol...you think any team with Gronk and Aaron Hernandez on it won't have similar stories? Come on, man.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I'm pretty sure Jason Hatcher said the same types of things about the Cowboys and Redskins locker rooms, practices, coaches...like you said earlier, it's damn near a template and script. Find something good to say about the new team that you can say is "different" from the old team, and this is especially true of players who jump from team to team to team. And if a player comes across as salty about it, I usually take it as they are still hurt or angered over being let go (or not being brought back).

Anyone wanting to tie Browns' rather milquetoast criticism of the Skins' locker room as 'SEE? I TOLD YOU THE REDSKINS ARE A MESS!" was already thinking that anyway and is just jumping at any chance to claim some sort of moral victory.

1 hour ago, hatchetwound said:

lol!!!!

Didn't Lavar literally give us money to leave only to suck with the Giants?

giphy.gif

"Arrington, the third overall pick in the 2000 draft and a three-time Pro Bowler, bought his way out of Washington in March for $4.4 million ..."

"In April 2006, less than two years ago I was all excited because Giants signed another “troubled superstar” — LaVar Arrington to a 7 year, $49 million contract.

Arrington took number 55, called himself “Double Nickels” and played six games for Giants.

Sadly, Arrington bought a motorcycle after Giants released him, and was forced to retire from football when he collided with a dump truck a few days later."

Brown: "This locker room is different from the locker room I came from. There’s no cliques. It’s one big clique. I can talk over there and mess with the linemen, talk with them, chit chat, play cornhole. The running backs are right here, so I always give them s***.”

They play cornhole?  This must mean somthing different....?  Special bond in Philly lockerroom.

Brown didn't seem to be complaining about his time with the Redskins or how they did things as much as he was simply making an observation.  His most significant comment regarded expectations.  He seemed to suggest that division rivalries were more important to the Redskins than trying to win a Super Bowl.  This actually makes sense, however, if the team doesn't think it's good enough to compete for a Super Bowl.  IMHO, multiple catastrophic injuries early and often in the last 2 years had made any hopes of a Super Bowl moot.

4 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Brown didn't seem to be complaining about his time with the Redskins or how they did things as much as he was simply making an observation.  His most significant comment regarded expectations.  He seemed to suggest that division rivalries were more important to the Redskins than trying to win a Super Bowl.  This actually makes sense, however, if the team doesn't think it's good enough to compete for a Super Bowl.  IMHO, multiple catastrophic injuries early and often in the last 2 years had made any hopes of a Super Bowl moot.

Yep...Before the Eagles won the Super Bowl (the franchise's 1st SB win, mind you), how much you wanna bet they cared a ****-ton more about division rivalries than they do now? lol...

• TK changed the title to CSNphilly: Zach Brown enjoying Eagles' locker room dynamic which he says differs from Washington in one big way (MET)

Archived