Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

Why would he hold out if he is not medically cleared to play?  He could just go on IR and collect checks.  

Well..that's a good question. Perhaps he doesnt want the public to know there is something else medically going on.

I honestly have no idea. I just refuse to run around yelling it's the FO, or trade TW hes a greedy ass until I get an official report which we may never get, which honestly I dont really care either way. Doesnt effect who I'm cheering for on gameday.

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

@Xameil I'm curious, what's your take? You're dismissing all speculation and second-hand reports, which is certainly fair to do, so are you just in the mindset of shut up, sit back and let it play out?

Yup. 

It's not gonna affect who I cheer for on gameday.

49 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Depends on when that took place.  It became news that Trent wasn't showing up in May.  If they waited until say mid August to start offering to fire people, that merely smells like desperation vs. concern.  

I didn't get the impression that being more "forward" had anything to do with motivations, but rather actions.

If his goal--or one of his goals--was to have the med/training/whatever staff fired (and apprently it wasn't), then it was being given to him on a silver platter, so to speak. I don't think doing it out of either desperation or concern would matter at that point. I mean, if you are wanting a raise and your boss finally gives you the raise you requested, would it matter if they did it because they thought you deserved it or because they were desperate to keep you? lol...

But then again, who knows what Hall meant by the team being "more forward"...could mean they aren't acting (or responding) fast enough, or that the 'team' wasn't forthcoming about something or another, or he feels they aren't giving in to enough of his demands, or...

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I didn't get the impression that being more "forward" had anything to do with motivations, but rather actions.

If his goal--or one of his goals--was to have the med/training/whatever staff fired (and apprently it wasn't), then it was being given to him on a silver platter, so to speak. I don't think doing it out of either desperation or concern would matter at that point. I mean, if you are wanting a raise and your boss finally gives you the raise you requested, would it matter if they did it because they thought you deserved it or because they were desperate to keep you? lol...

But then again, who knows what Hall meant by the team being "more forward"...could mean they aren't acting (or responding) fast enough, or that the 'team' wasn't forthcoming about something or another, or he feels they aren't giving in to enough of his demands, or...

Depends on the way you take what "forward" means, but the way I took it was that they did what they do, and just sat on this issue until it became real.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I bet it's up on the 980 archives now so anyone can listen and make their own judgments.

My interpretation of what D. Hall meant was likely that the FO isn't chasing-wooing Trent right now but waiting for Trent to relent.  He didn't flat out say it that way but that to me is a logical implication of his point.   And if the FO chased him some, Trent would be here perhaps sooner.

My personal take of it is:  I don't care about Trent's motivations or whether Bruce is put off by Trent's behavior or vice versa.  I just want what's holistically best for this franchise in the long run and to me that's trading him.

But if I were Bruce and didn't want to trade him no matter what and was just playing this out.  Then I'd play it the way Hall seemed to imply they are doing and Hoffman suggested the same point albeit much more directly and that is play out the stand off.  Because if Trent wants more money then what wouldn't be a more fun come back to that than having his behavior actually cost him money let alone make more.   But for me I can care less about winning a spitting match with Trent.  But if that's really what I wanted, I would do it the way they are perhaps doing it now.  Make him grovel to come back (versus groveling to him) and test to see how many pay checks he's willing to lose.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Oh good!!! 😀  That looks like Leesburg Executive Airport.  In the foothills, camera facing westward toward the Blueridge.  Only about 7 miles from Redskins Park in Ashburn as the crow flies. Private charters and solo pilots.  On The Ground. 

See you soon big man!!!

8 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Oh good!!! 😀  That looks like Leesburg Executive Airport.  In the foothills, camera facing westward toward .  Only about 7 miles from Redskins Park in Ashburn as the crow flies.  On The Ground. 

See you soon big man!!!

Impressive. I think you nailed it... You should tweet that back to Pete Hailey.

21 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Oh good!!! 😀  That looks like Leesburg Executive Airport.  In the foothills, camera facing westward toward the Blueridge.  Only about 7 miles from Redskins Park in Ashburn as the crow flies. Private charters and solo pilots.  On The Ground. 

See you soon big man!!!

Sheesh...stalker much?

24 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

See you soon big man!!!

This should be fun. The people waiting to officially hear directly from Trent in person that this hold out is about medical reasons will jump all over your quick analysis. 

BTW, the drive from whatever airport you mentioned and Redskins Park is ~2 hours. 

Map from Leesburg Executive Airport, 1001 Sycolin Rd, Leesburg, VA 20175, USA to FedExField, 1600 Fedex Way, Landover, MD 20785, USA

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Waiting till week 10 when he has to come back to accrue a season, and taking his 7 half-ass weeks...that's worse case scenario. He needs to be traded. 

No precedent exists for a move like this, right? 

I wonder if there’s any language in a contract that protects the team from this. Anyone have insight? 

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

No precedent exists for a move like this, right? 

I wonder if there’s any language in a contract that protects the team from this. Anyone have insight? 

There is precedent. Vincent Jackson did this with the Chargers under AJ Smith, that's the first one that pops into my mind. 

There's nothing to protect the team from. It's the current CBA. 

If this is largely about win now and hence the idea of trading a now player for picks for later is yuck to the powers that be.  Then how about this.  Work a trade that includes Fitzpatrick and a pick (I am befuddled that the Dolphins would have interest in Trent being that they are rebuilding but some reporter weeks back said they do) either directly via the Dolphins or via a three way trade.  I am a bit biased because I was a big Fitzpatrick guy in that draft. 

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If this is largely about win now and hence the idea of trading a now player for picks for later is yuck to the powers that be.  Then how about this.  Work a trade that includes Fitzpatrick and a pick (I am befuddled that the Dolphins would have interest in Trent being that they are rebuilding but some reporter weeks back said they do) either directly via the Dolphins or via a three way trade.  I am a bit biased because I was a big Fitzpatrick guy in that draft. 

Another Bama boy right? He'll fit right in here....

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was thinking some kind of 3 way trade might work. If anyone even wants Trent. We already don't have next years second, so unless the Dolphins want a 2021 second...

14 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There is precedent. Vincent Jackson did this with the Chargers under AJ Smith, that's the first one that pops into my mind. 

There's nothing to protect the team from. It's the current CBA. 

So he has to be active for 6 games, I imagine they can't just make him inactive to void it?

What about injuries? Because if he waits to week 10, and has to play 100% of the games...odds aren't in his favor!

Archived