Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Full of **** mode

Imagine if Trent returns. Does anyone think he is going to give it a go - and play injured?  I think he would be more cautious than ever, and am not even convinced he would give his all. His actions speak louder than words. He doesn't want to be here.

Vol is right Trent is basically handing Bruce on a silver platter a logical move a team full of youth on offense should consider. Retool and it starts with selling off assets while they still have significant value.

Bruce is literally too stupid to insult and too stupid to figure out moving Trent now is best for our team. We have Penn Geron and even the wilted Flower ready to help out at LT.  Instead Bruce really thinks he is going to come back?  If I was interviewing him I would have laughed at him, and ask why did he bother getting Penn Robinson etc.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Full of **** mode

Imagine if Trent returns. Does anyone think he is going to give it a go - and play injured?  I think he would be more cautious than ever, and am not even convinced he would give his all. His actions speak louder than words. He doesn't want to be here.

Vol is right Trent is basically handing Bruce on a silver platter a logical move a team full of youth on offense should consider. Retool and it starts with selling off assets while they still have significant value.

Bruce is literally to stupid to insult and too stupid to figure out moving Trent now is best for our team. We have Penn Geron and even the wilted Flower ready to help out at LT.  Instead Bruce really thinks he is going to come back?  If I was interviewing him I would have laughed at him, and ask why did he bother getting Penn Robinson etc.

this isn't baseball.  While it's entirely possible you could get a good return for trading Trent there isn't any guarantee.  Yes they should take it if they get it.  But over the years there's been plenty of good football players on the trading block who never actually got traded.  Now as to how he he would play, there's 21 other players on the football field you've got to watch for.  You half ass it you could get hurt.  And if you half ass it there's less reason for other teams to believe you've still got it and pick you up as a free agent.  Sit out till you don't even feel an ache from a sprained toe?  Your rep as injury prone increases

One reason i think TW will return is he border line HOF tackle. If he retires or sits out a season he pretty much throwing that away. He returns or gets trade i think setting him self up for HOF. So sitting out seasons is not a option. Not a good option for him anyway.

6 hours ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

I think you’re looking at this in a severely biased way. The entire premise of free agency is getting as much money as you can from whichever team will pay it.  Therefore, any team that signs a free agent offered that player the most money. It’s not just a Redskins thing. You think Suh signed with Miami even though he was offered more by another team?

Do you have any examples of a player signing with a team in free agency for less than they were offered by another team?  

I think you didn't read all of my post. I agree with what you are saying, but don't tell me Collins signed here because he was a Redskins and Sean Taylor fan. He signed here for the same reason Suh signed with Miami and that is money. My point all along is that the Redskins aren't hurting there reputation with free agents, because of this whole Trent thing. If the Skins want a player they will get that player, because they will pay that player. 

17 minutes ago, cober said:

One reason i think TW will return is he border line HOF tackle. If he retires or sits out a season he pretty much throwing that away. He returns or gets trade i think setting him self up for HOF. So sitting out seasons is not a option. Not a good option for him anyway.

An OT from this loser era of Redskins history without any memorable QB isn't making the HOF under any circumstances. He doesn't have any sort of impressive "games started" streak because he's been injured a bunch and suspended before. It's not like he never gets penalized. He's not some paragon of All-Pro consistency in spite of a bad situation like Joe Thomas was, is all I'm saying. 

He's been great and he's one of the most athletic OT's of all time. He's made a bunch of pro bowls and been named a first-team All-Pro once. He's probably been a top-3 OT most of the time he's been in the league, but that's tough to quantify. I just don't see any path to the HOF for him at all. He'll disappear into history because he played on forgettable Snyder-era Redskins teams and never became a household name like Joe Thomas. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

An OT from this loser era of Redskins history without any memorable QB isn't making the HOF under any circumstances. He doesn't have any sort of impressive "games started" streak because he's been injured a bunch and suspended before. It's not like he never gets penalized. He's not some paragon of All-Pro consistency in spite of a bad situation like Joe Thomas was, is all I'm saying. 

He's been great and he's one of the most athletic OT's of all time. He's made a bunch of pro bowls and been named a first-team All-Pro once. He's probably been a top-3 OT most of the time he's been in the league, but that's tough to quantify. I just don't see any path to the HOF for him at all. He'll disappear into history because he played on forgettable Snyder-era Redskins teams and never became a household name like Joe Thomas. 

I don't know... 7 straight Pro Bowl appearances? He might make it in. I know if he doesn't play this year than there goes his streak. Maybe all this kerfuffle is the FO's way of letting him take a year off. And holding on to him is the organizations way of making sure he goes into the HOF as a Redskin. I have no idea.

4 hours ago, volsmet said:

ESers think they know everything, if they know 🤫 they wouldn’t be ESerrrrrrrs.

I'm 1-0 on this "trade" thing so far. I keep forgetting how much it hurts to be right. :( I'd settle for a 2nd rounder + a player/another pick tbh, a first from anyone would be a dream.

@ConnSKINS26 

I disagree. If Trent played another 4 years w/ the skins I think he’d get in.  A decade of being a top 3 tackle with Uber athletic skills and as highly regarded amongst his peers as he is I think he’d get in. The not winning doesn’t help, the bud incidents don’t help, being a Skin doesn’t help, but I view him as a generational talent.

Schefter compared the trade of Gary Zimmerman as the starting point for any TW trade.  At the time Zimmerman was a 4 time pro bowler and eventual HOFer and was traded for a 1st and 6th in 94’ and a 2nd in 95.’ So for Schefty to put Trent on that level I think speaks to the direction Trent could end up, IF he finishes off his career well, and doesn’t just fall off a cliff.

just my opinion. ✌🏽

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm 1-0 on this "trade" thing so far. I keep forgetting how much it hurts to be right. :( I'd settle for a 2nd rounder + a player/another pick tbh, a first from anyone would be a dream.

I don’t know what you got correct, not that I doubt you are indeed 1-0, but I was just looking through a couple old posts & saw these again which made me laugh at all things forumville.

2nd, solid starter & a 6th.. something like that? I hope we find a young OL that Callahan sees potential in & let him (Callahan) do his thing. NE continues to add OL with late round/conditional picks, I’d love to see us doing the same. I’d much rather have a guy who has shown he can hold up v nfl talent than a 5th or 6th, but most teams prefer the pick. 

Solid vets are the most underrated commodity in the nfl, you don’t lose without egregious weaknesses, I just want us to be solid everywhere & target a few priority FA’s & hit on our top draft picks while DH is on a rookie contract. 

15 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@ConnSKINS26 

I disagree. If Trent played another 4 years w/ the skins I think he’d get in.  A decade of being a top 3 tackle with Uber athletic skills and as highly regarded amongst his peers as he is I think he’d get in. The not winning doesn’t help, the bud incidents don’t help, being a Skin doesn’t help, but I view him as a generational talent.

Schefter compared the trade of Gary Zimmerman as the starting point for any TW trade.  At the time Zimmerman was a 4 time pro bowler and eventual HOFer and was traded for a 1st and 6th in 94’ and a 2nd in 95.’ So for Schefty to put Trent on that level I think speaks to the direction Trent could end up, IF he finishes off his career well, and doesn’t just fall off a cliff.

just my opinion. ✌🏽

Article related to the conversation you gentlemen are having:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/01/27/trent-williams-has-his-legacy-in-mind-during-his-prime/

A956AF68-6123-4470-87D3-38B8AFAAB304.jpeg

5 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Bruce Allen is a jackass. I feel like him saying that Trent will play again and it will be here. Is just going to make Trent not want to come back even more. 

TW walks into Bruce Allen's office... 'Just a minute Trent.  One more mile.'

giphy.gif

"We'll retain Trent for spite.  I am after all, a teacher." - The Botchmaster

What I think botchie neglects to realize in his long term plan, is that this will be a black cloud over the team, a distraction, controversy, a source of even more negative news. He better hope our LTs hold up otherwise this is going to get ugly. Only dominating on the field, will overcome it.

Trade him, you Booccoon

Only one thing is certain at this point, there is a dwindling group of the fan base that will look at it like this:

Bruce continues standoff with Trent, no deal gets made: "Have to play hardball with him, can't set a bad precedent for future deals"

Bruce trades Trent for a ham sandwich: "Best to just cut out the distraction now, and move on"

Bruce opens the checkbook and pays Trent more $: "Get to work 71, HTTR, Let's go!!!"

Every time a Bruce botch blows up in his face, I think this has gotta be it, the nail in his his coffin.  Only to get more Bruce.  Unfortunately, it appears Dan thinks like the dwindling portion of the fan base I mentioned above.

41 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Every time a Bruce botch blows up in his face, I think this has gotta be it, the nail in his his coffin.  Only to get more Bruce.  Unfortunately, it appears Dan thinks like the dwindling portion of the fan base I mentioned above.

The irony to me is I believe that if Dan decided to reboot after this season, having TWO #1 draft picks would be a nice selling point.  It would be like when he inherited 2 #1 picks when he acquired the team because of Casserly's trade before he got there.

I am gathering Dan's been told behind the scenes when the Redskins march to the playoffs this year, the fans will come.  But if that doesn't go down (and I don't think they are headed to the playoffs myself) then what?  You got to sell then some hope for 2020 that goes beyond the reboot itself. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/we-share-same-frustration-heres-what-bruce-allen-had-say-redskins-fans

More small crowds

Last year was the Redskins’ worst attendance in a half century. Most times, it seemed like there were only 30,000 home fans and the rest were visitors. By season’s end, it was 60,000 Eagles fans and 10,000 Redskins backers. With maybe about 10,000 people at the preseason home opener and another lackluster season brewing, there probably won’t be much of a home crowd. The only home games where Washington supporters will likely be the majority could be versus the Lions and Jets. The Redskins badly need a series of good years to set up their next stadium in 2027.

9 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think you didn't read all of my post. I agree with what you are saying, but don't tell me Collins signed here because he was a Redskins and Sean Taylor fan. He signed here for the same reason Suh signed with Miami and that is money. My point all along is that the Redskins aren't hurting there reputation with free agents, because of this whole Trent thing. If the Skins want a player they will get that player, because they will pay that player. 

Ya know I think about this occasionally..I truly believe Collins grew up a skins fan/s taylor fan..

Had Denver offered more he would have signed there and had grew up a huge #27 fan.

Archived