Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So, Trent is pouting now?  Did I miss the Instagram post where he’s pouting?

That's what people say I do when I run to my room and close the door after a poster is mean to me. Medical staff was mean to Williams, he ran to his room and closed the door.

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Redskins medical staff :wtf:

I'm a bit confused how Colt ended up on the practice field if he's clearly still injured, but that is absolutely a reason for a player to be angry. I would be beyond angry if my career was put in jeopardy for the sake of last season's end.

If Trent Williams got similar treatment, all he'd have to do is say so. It really would change everything.

The conversation between these three in Keim's podcast is really worth a listen:

http://johnkeimreport.libsyn.com/website/the-trent-williams-crisis

Sounds as though there's somewhat of a disconnect among some units in terms of both communication and approach to player recovery. Keim is pretty clear that this hasn't always been the case at Ashburn.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

That's what people say I do when I run to my room and close the door after a poster is mean to me. Medical staff was mean to Williams, he ran to his room and closed the door.

I'm a bit confused how Colt ended up on the practice field if he's clearly still injured, but that is absolutely a reason for a player to be angry. I would be beyond angry if my career was put in jeopardy for the sake of last season's end.

If Trent Williams got similar treatment, all he'd have to do is say so. It really would change everything.

It’s quite possible he’s seeking legal opinion and not saying anything about it for a reason.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Thats actually pretty crazy. And whats upsetting about this is it sounds like they are letting the "football people" rush the process when it is pretty clear medically that the player shouldn't be playing. Not only is that a ****ty business practice (think being on short term disability but your employer is putting their thumb on the scale somehow making you come back before you are ready) but they are lying every time they say "im not a doctor" or elude to not having anything to say about the process because they just worry about football or whatever bull****. 

Thats really bad. 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s quite possible he’s seeking legal opinion and not saying anything about it for a reason.

I would bet money thats whats happening. Thats the only reason to say nothing at all like this. 

Garafalo just now.

He senses the Redskins don't want to trade Trent.  And they have a strong minded-stubborn FO that doesn't like having a player dictate to them.  He didn't say they wouldn't trade him but he suggested that isn't what they ideally want to do. 

He thinks as for trade compensation, would likely be a late first rounder.  And he said he asked multiple sources about that topic. 

I caught up with a Keim segment, he thinks if a trade goes down it happens later August, he hinted that he was told that by someone who might know.  He suggested that the FO might have misread this situation, they thought it would work itself out. 

I listened to Sheehan's podcast where he replayed some of the Breer segment.  He doubled down that its clear that Breer said that Trent's gripe with the medical staff isn't exclusive to that one incident.  

To recap - We have our best OL out because he wants the medical staff fired because he thinks they mismanaged a health issue.

We have a former top draft pick suing the Skins for back pay for saying they mis-managed a injury

We have a QB who was expected to fight for a starting job still unable to play from a broken leg due to the medical staff rushing and mistreating a injury (Resulting in multiple surgeries).

We have our starting QB last year sideline due to a gruesome injury that resulted in multiple infections and complications 

And we have a top draft pick start RB who over a year ago tore his ACL and still isn't cleared for contact due to multiple complications and infections in his now year + recovery time.

And our training staff won "Training staff of the year?".

Is that correct?  

Not sure there is many defending the medical staff at this point - HOWEVER -if I was refered to a medical practice for treatment and during a quick review of the practice I saw multiple ex patients complaining about how they treated their injury, and saw some clients of their pointing out that complicatons resulted in longer then expected recovery time -I think i would go to a different practice.  

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Garafalo just now.

He senses the Redskins don't want to trade Trent.  And they have a strong minded-stubborn FO that doesn't like having a player dictate to them.  He didn't say they wouldn't trade him but he suggested that isn't what they ideally want to do. 

He thinks as for trade compensation, would likely be a late first rounder.  And he said he asked multiple sources about that topic. 

well, I mean obviously it's not what they'd like to do.  Unless they plan to hold onto him till he retires if he won't play that's their only option

3 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

To recap - We have our best OL out because he wants the medical staff fired because he thinks the mismanaged  health issue.

We have a former top draft pick suing the Skins for back pay for saying they mis-managed a injury

We have a QB who was expected to fight for a starting job still unable to play from a broken leg due to the medical staff rushing and mistreating a injury (Resulting in multiple surgeries).

We have our starting QB last year sideline due to a gruesome injury that resulted in multiple infections and complications 

And we have a top draft pick start RB who over a year ago tore his ACL and still isn't cleared for contact due to multiple complications and infections in his now year + recovery time.

Is that correct?  

the gruesome injury was not performed by the training staff and neither was the surgery

Colt was practicing early and then got hit.  I'm not sure how that's on the training staff, unless you want to make the case  that he should have started on PUP or that the leg was only hurt because it was already injured

who's the draft pick that's suing?

2 minutes ago, carex said:

well, I mean obviously it's not what they'd like to do.  Unless they plan to hold onto him till he retires if he won't play that's their only option

the gruesome injury was not performed by the training staff and neither was the surgery

Colt was practicing early and then got hit.  I'm not sure how that's on the training staff, unless you want to make the case  that he should have started on PUP or that the leg was only hurt because it was already injured

who's the draft pick that's suing?

su'a cravens is suing us.   and correct -The training staff didnt perfom the surgery (Although im guessing they used Team recommendation dr's).  I don't really want to hear a excuse on each one what each incident was a unique, not the skins medical staffs fault.  There is clearly a pattern.    

55 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

To recap - We have our best OL out because he wants the medical staff fired because he thinks they mismanaged a health issue.

Is that correct?  

Not sure there is many defending the medical staff at this point - HOWEVER -if I was refered to a medical practice for treatment and during a quick review of the practice I saw multiple ex patients complaining about how they treated their injury, and saw some clients of their pointing out that complicatons resulted in longer then expected recovery time -I think i would go to a different practice.  

On the flip side, there's Donald Penn, who is good friends with Trent, and even sought him out and spoke directly with him before signing (probably for both his advice and his blessing/approval), and despite all that, chose to finish his career here anyway.

32 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

su'a cravens is suing. us.   and correct -The training staff didnt perfom the surgery (Although im guessing they used Team recommendation dr's).  I don't really want to hear a excuse on each one what each incident was a unique, not the skins medical staffs fault.  There is clearly a pattern.    

and one of our team doctors is James Andrews who is about the best orthopedic surgeon out there.  Of course not all injuries can be dealt with with surgery, but if you spring for the best at the most crucial medical procedures, why not elsewhere

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

On the flip side, there's Donald Penn, who is good friends with Trent, and even sought him out and spoke directly with him before signing, and despite all that, chose to finish his career here anyway.

That doesnt mean much to me.  Penn said he wants to play 1 more year and start. WIliams said "Come to the redskins". And why not? He is going to play 1 year. if he gets injured, its over anyway.  

Trent prob said "Come to the skins. You will start. The players are great. And if you get hurt -go to your own Dr and dont worry about it because thats it"

50 minutes ago, carex said:

Yeah agree it's obvious that they'd want to keep him.   Under Dan they trade high assets for veterans they don't obtain them.  So I like that this might force their hand.   Nonetheless, if it helps I'll wrap my point in FO sunshine to bring it home. 😀

A.  I really really like some of the younger talent here.  But more pieces are needed. 

B.  If Haskins is the goods, they might have a SB window in the 2022-2024 range

C.  In the meantime leading up to that, I can care less if they are 7-9 versus 4-12.  If anything I can argue there is more upside to going 4-12, losing the battle to win the war,

D.  I don't care about Trent or any 30 plus year old player who is unlikely going to be part of any SB run.  I just don't buy a 33-35 year old Trent is going to be that durable.

E.  This is my biggest point -- the LT and WR position is mega loaded in this draft.  It's the perfect draft IMO to shoot for the stars.

F.  Getting Trent off the books is sort of a mini-version of getting a veteran QB off the books.  Having to pay a rookie LT versus 13 million plus for a veteran I think can help a SB run. 

We are talking about this point in the draft thread, but its looking like a bounty at LT in the draft, including from our farm team, Alabama. 😀

From my personal experience I would have to say the following.....

Doctor looking at X-ray says bone looks good Colt how do you feel?

Colt feeling last shot is fading fast....feels great doc?

Physical therapist....leg looks good and your range of motion and strength seems good.  How does it feel?

Colt feeling last shot is fading...feels great!

Colt feeling last shot is fading doesn't actually feel great but thinks he's got this. Coaching staff talks to medical facility and training staff. All indications from x-rays and therapy say he looks good. Colt says I've got this coach...put me in.

Some times denial and pride can get in the way. Sick bay commando was a bad rap to have so I never went unless I was bleeding out of all of my orifices. 

Not saying this is what happened to Trent, Suzy, or Colt, I'm just saying it has and does. But I could be wrong....I usually am.

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

Is that correct?  

Training staff, and medical staff are 2 different areas.  I understand your viewpoint, but your gripe i believe lies with the medical staff possibly more so than the training staff.

Archived