Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

When Trump is gone and the GOP loses power, we need to strengthen the Constitution. It has no teeth, its weak and apparently has the power of a dirty "post-it note" that no longer sticks to the fridge. Hopefully, the next Dem president will go after these people after the fact.

18 minutes ago, visionary said:

Hmmm. I'm wondering though, would it be better to have witnesses and then acquittal or to have the Republicans reject witnesses outright and acquit Trump without hearing from them in the trial.  Does it matter?  Not sure.

In terms of politics, it's probably better to have no witnesses. Democrats can use it as a huge rallying and get out the vote moment. It surely proves that the entire Republican Cult is corrupt. In terms of the country, it would be better to have witnesses. Truth ought to be served.

If, the Republicans vote for no witnesses and no documents I hope the Republicans throw a huge celebration and get so fat and happy even the Russians don't turn out to vote for them in 2020.

At this point it’s better strategically for the righteous if the GOP votes no witnesses. They were NEVER going to convict Trump, no matter what Bolton had to say.   A vote for no witnesses forever taints this  trial and can be used as a cudgel against Trump’s inevitable bleats of exoneration. 

Especially when Bolton’s book comes out and confirms the House managers’ case. 

And all those who voted no can be painted as cowards, plain and simple. 

Edit:: What Burgold said. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

At this point it’s better strategically for the righteous if the GOP votes no witnesses. They were NEVER going to convict Trump, no matter what Bolton had to say.   A vote for no witnesses forever taints this  trial and can be used as a cudgel against Trump’s inevitable bleats of exoneration. 

Especially when Bolton’s book comes out and confirms the House managers’ case. 

And all those who voted no can be painted as cowards, plain and simple. 

Edit:: What Burgold said. 

I assume that the R's are calculating that they can successfully suppress the book.  

(Not sure I'd bet against them.)  

Archived