Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

there's been the conspiracy-theory even pre-trump that half the gop congress had been morphing into being in the pockets of various "former soviet union" oligarchs and it's been a long ongoing recruitment from that side, sharing a number of mutual interests between a putin-led russia and the good ole xtian white boys of the gop

turns out to be much more a trip to truth town than a tour of nutterville

BTW, am I the only person who thinks that if Mos Eisley is the baddest place in the whole galaxy, then this must be a pretty tame place?  I mean, it's not Disney.  Bt is it really worse than, say, a Trump rally?  

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

there's been the conspiracy-theory even pre-trump that half the gop congress had been morphing into being in the pockets of various "former soviet union" oligarchs and it's been a long ongoing recruitment from that side, sharing a number of mutual interests between a putin-led russia and the good ole xtian white boys of the gop

Remember when candidate Trump's claims to have never in his life had anything whatsoever to do with Russia were falling apart, and the GOP attempted to defend things like members of the Trump campaign phoning the Russian ambassador by having a parade of other GOPers announce that "Heck, I've met with the Russian ambassador, too.  He was a guest at the Republican convention"?  

12 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

There isn't much that ideologically separates what the GOP is transitioning towards versus what Putin's government is like.

Oligarch's controlling the government, a defanged and censored media labeled as the enemy, while keeping the public at bay through social bigotry and appeals to nationalists and ultra-conservative Christians is what Russia is today and it is what the GOP envisions as the future for this country.

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yes because if Nancy Pelosi exudes one thing, it is definitely "nervousness." Huh?

And if there's one thing you can say about public testimony being given in a public impeachment proceedings, it's  "no due process".  

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nancy needs to be all, "His lawyers won't allow him to testify. He is a child and they have to be his daddy." He'll show her who's boss by perjuring himself under oath.

And the entire, unanimous, GOP, and all associated industries will begin trying out excuses for why it doesn't matter.  

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Seeing how wrapped up in all this Mulvaney was, I wonder what woulda happened if John Kelly were still there.

I stopped thinking I knew where the bottom was for these people a long time ago brah

I feel where you are coming from. Cause Kelly was supposed to be a patriot of the highest order. But these people are professional liars and hes included in and covered for that. 

27 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nancy needs to be all, "His lawyers won't allow him to testify. He is a child and they have to be his daddy." He'll show her who's boss by perjuring himself under oath.

It's simple. He can't sit there and answer questions in that format for an hour or for a minute. He'd implode and storm out. 

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

^^^ That 51% number will grow after this week of hearings.

i honestly am not sure i agree with you.....    if hypothetical flipper hadn't realized that Trump is steaming turd-pile of incompetence and criminal corruption BEFORE last week... what could EVER change their mind?

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I stopped thinking I knew where the bottom was for these people a long time ago brah

Yeah, I keep thinking "this is going to be what does it".  Been wrong every single time.  

Attacking John McCain for being a POW  

Mocking the handicapped.  

Conspiring with Russia to get the GRU to help with the election.  

Firing the Head of the FBI for failing to promise to obstruct justice.  

Ordering our troops, in a war zone, standing on territory which we just liberated from terrorists, to evacuate the territory (and abandon the people we talked into actually doing the fighting), so that somebody else can ethnically cleanse the territory that we just liberated.  

Heck, half of the US Congress is announcing that it's OK with them if the Executive Branch declares itself immune from Congressional oversight.  

Nope.  Until it costs them power, they're cool with everything else.  (When it costs them power, then they'll suddenly become outraged, point their fingers at Trump, and yell "He did it!  Now put us back in power!"   

53 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Seeing how wrapped up in all this Mulvaney was, I wonder what woulda happened if John Kelly were still there.

kelley, along with eric prince, devos, and ross, are all making big $$$ with privately run detention facilities and prisons fed by multiple "sources" for warehousing and tormenting their guests---non-whites, primarily, of course----inc. many of the immigration-related detainees 

24 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

i honestly am not sure i agree with you.....    if hypothetical flipper hadn't realized that Trump is steaming turd-pile of incompetence and criminal corruption BEFORE last week... what could EVER change their mind?

Numbers have increased steadily in favor of not just impeachment but removal. 

People aren’t as tuned in as beltway nerds. They’ll catch up. 

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Numbers have increased steadily in favor of not just impeachment but removal. 

People aren’t as tuned in as beltway nerds. They’ll catch up. 

Have they really increased since the public hearing started?  The number is about what it was a few weeks ago.  It's been around 50-51% for weeks now.

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Trump sounds like Hitler hiding in the bunker on speedballs with the world collapsing in on all sides.

Unfortunately we have a country full of Goebels's crying MAGA everywhere.

Imagine if Trump couldn't Tweet.  I imagine it would be something like this:

Archived