Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

37 minutes ago, PCS said:

That was such a hilariously transparent stunt. Do something you absolutely know is against the rules, make sure the sole woman from your party is part of it, act aghast when you get shut down (because, again, it's against the rules), and then imply that she's being shut down because she's a woman and she's a Republican. I feel like they knew they were getting nowhere with Yovanovitch so they had to have something to help Fox and the rest of the right wing media to distract from the actual substance of the testimony. 

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Any one know what punishment Stone is facing?

Up in the air,but consensus from several sites say his punishment could be lighter than maximum sentence because he's a first time offender. Apparently the witness tampering conviction alone carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years if reports are correct. 

Trump was just rambling his ass off again. He made a really really weird statement. He was talking about the new call transcript that was released and he said "And in the spirit of transparency...whether it be medical transparency, or whatever...we released another call transcript". 

Wut?

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Woof.  Shoulda copped a plea on that one, Rog.

Stone's sentencing is scheduled for Feb. 6, 2020, just over a year after his dawn arrest on Jan. 25 of this year. He faces up to 50 years in prison according to the statutory maximum, but legal experts have told ABC News the actual sentence is likely going to be much lower.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roger-stone-found-guilty-counts/story?id=67015102

it'd be nice if they threw the book at him and he was in jail for the rest of his life...a 15 year sentence would do the trick

Jim Jordan's basic premise: "Everything Trump did was fine because the Ukrainians said some mean things about him". What a bunch of snowflakes.

I love how she was like "Um, is there a question?" then Schiff shut his rambling ass down eventually.

His entire shtick is to sound angry and ask questions that sound like they're leading somewhere important, while leading absolutely nowhere. 

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I say again, all these dumbasses twisting themselves into pretzels to defend Donald ****ing Trump, a man who will cast them aside the moment it is convenient to do so

I'm not forgiving a soul attached to their ****ery

Oh I can already see the "It was all Rudy, he was working on his own for his own interests, barely ever talked to Trump" defense mounting. 

"You have disparaged us Mr. Chairman" says the party that starts each hearing by disparaging the Democrats, the media and everyone not willing to fellate the rectum of a sociopath.

Just now, StillUnknown said:

Schiff is handling things well so far. Giving Repubs just enough rope to do themselves in, which not letting it devolve completely into a **** show that they want to make it

They are shook and have no gameplan.

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't even think Gym Jordan takes anything he says seriously, dude is always trying to stop himself from chuckling.  Either he is stupid enough to think he actually said something smart, or if he knows darn well he is just rambling off nonsense.

I dunno. I've gotten both vibes from him before. He seems like the kind of guy who reads nothing but right wing news sources so he watches Hannity, Cucker Tarlson, and Laura Ingraham and he sees them making all these wild connections (or in Hannity's case, wild diagrams) out of non-existent or debunked conspiracy theories and that's all he sees, so that's all he knows, and it confirms his own beliefs, so he just assumes it's legit and ignores all evidence to the contrary. He also doesn't come across as especially sharp, despite the glasses (nice try, Jim).

So he's basically Trump supporters personified in a singular Congressman. 

Archived