Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Impeachment Thread

No Excuses

Impeachment  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Should Donald Trump be impeached for obstruction of justice?

My favorite Jim Jordan memory is still watching members of his family get twisted into pretzels by Penn State wrestlers (they wrestled for Ohio State).

On another note, is there anymore testimony?  I've been streaming it at work but I feel like they've been on break for a long time.

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

:806:

dana bash just had a rare "unprofessional" (human) moment as the "first" zelinsky call---and latest trump shoots self in foot move (you'll hear why)---just released by trump included an excerpt being read by john king where don's talking to zelinsky and cites his authoritative experience of the region with "back when i owned the miss universe pageant, i....."  whereupon she covered her face with her hands, shook her head and groaned, and then apologized for it :ols:

I  burst out in laughter when Nunes read that part. That whole phone transcript was too Trumpian.  I wouild have thought it was satire. Trump's become self-farcial.

(Also, I kept waiting for the part in the transcript where Trump expresses his deep concern for corruption, as he claimed happened.  Still waiting.)

Just now, Forehead said:

My favorite Jim Jordan memory is still watching members of his family get twisted into pretzels by Penn State wrestlers (they wrestled for Ohio State).

On another note, is there anymore testimony?  I've been streaming it at work but I feel like they've been on break for a long time.

Still on break for votes. Wish they would give us a time frame.

3 minutes ago, Forehead said:

The minority will have 45 minutes to question the Ambassador.

Edit:

Roger Stone guilty on 7 counts.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Every single count.

Hope Rudy is watching. Everyone who has done Trump's dirty bidding is on their way to prison.

Rudy already said if the President doesn't protect him he has insurance. Hes going to flip on him before he gets convicted. 

I was at the gym during the first part of the testimony and subsequent analysis today. They had the TV tuned to FOX. It was really interesting see the real time metamorphosis.

Segment 1: This is bad. This is exactly what Republicans didn't want and don't need. Trump intimidating the witness in real time.

Segment 2: Witness intimidation is a crime. How are the Republicans going to spin this?

Segment 3: This didn't rise anywhere near the level of witness intimidation. Trump was just stating his opinion.

I think we can all guess what happened between segment 2 and 3.

All you need to know about Trump's tweet is that it didn't even attack and/or address the substance of the actual testimony.  It was just abstract attacks.  If he had an issue with what she actually was saying, or felt she was wrong in her testimony, it would be a little more understandable to actually tweet what he disagreed about. 

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

So Roger Stone, are there any state crimes? I'm at work, I can't really check right now. 

I bet Stone assumed a pardon was coming his way, but with all the heat on Trump right now, he might not be so inclined to start pardoning criminals who were working on his behalf at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

The minority will have 45 minutes to question the Ambassador.

Edit:

Roger Stone guilty on 7 counts.

And they'll spend 43 minutes on a monologue, before finally asking a ludicrously loaded yes or no question whilst yelling "yes or no my time is limited "

GOP punting on Yovanovitch

They have absolutely nothing here. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Why did Schiff shut down the congresswoman from asking questions?  Was Nunes trying to pull some kind of bait & switch?

She's not a council or minority council. 

She's also a she, they wanted a little soundclip of Schiff silencing her. 

with all the witness tampering and roger stone-ery .... this meme is so very two-days-ago.   

I think we are AT LEAST three desperate rapid changes in bogus excuse making beyond this, but people need some time to put together memes that i can steal off of facebook.....

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Just now, Mooka said:

She's not a council or minority council. 

She's also a she, they wanted a little soundclip of Schiff silencing her. 

Ahh ok so going into this specific testimony it was understand only Schiff, Nunes, & both counsels would be asking questions, yet  Nunes purposely tried to yield to someone not authorized just to create a TV Clip for Fox?

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Either this GOP counsel is purposely throwing softballs because he secretly is disgusted with the GOP, or he is the most ineffective lawyer I've ever seen on TV.

Or he's hamstrung by his clients.  (Or the facts.)

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Ahh ok so going into this specific testimony it was understand only Schiff, Nunes, & both counsels would be asking questions, yet  Nunes purposely tried to yield to someone not authorized just to create a TV Clip for Fox?

if I had one bit of advice for the Dems going forward it would be to do a better job telling the American people why all these witnesses are being called to testify.  The GOP's strategy is obviously to write them all off because "none of them are on the call" however the phone call itself is just one piece to the overall corruption puzzle.  The Dems are showing the pattern and culture of corruption at large, while the GOP are running to the media every night complaining that "the magic words haven't been spoken."   At this point in the impeachment hearings we are getting a lot of set up and displaying the scope of the corruption while hearing from the players around the Ukraine situation.  It makes total sense why they are doing it this way, I just hope they are conveying this when they go do interviews. 

Archived