Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

41 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

So, do we go Chase Young DE or Andrew Thomas OT?

I seriously hope for Chase Young but with Tua's injury it changes the whole dynamic of the draft now. Still a long way to go until April with regards to who's draft stock rises and even who our coach is. If we are in position to draft Young its a no brainers but unfortunately our current FO is pretty brainless. 

56 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

So, do we go Chase Young DE or Andrew Thomas OT?

I hope they avoid the need priority ( Thomas over Young), but they have demonstrated need > talent a few times in recent past. 

It'll be tough to land at #2, but that's where Young is going. 

7 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

I hope they avoid the need priority ( Thomas over Young), but they have demonstrated need > talent a few times in recent past. 

It'll be tough to land at #2, but that's where Young is going. 

He may go 1 now because I just can't see Burrow being that generational talent that surpasses Young. I can see whomever at 3 jumping us to take Young and then we end up panicking and taking Thomas. 

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

He may go 1 now because I just can't see Burrow being that generational talent that surpasses Young. I can see whomever at 3 jumping us to take Young and then we end up panicking and taking Thomas. 

How do the Bengals not go QB?

Justin Herbert looks the part. 

13 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

How do the Bengals not go QB?

Justin Herbert looks the part. 

Because they'll be able to grab one at 3 and probably pick up a bounty of picks. I don't see us grabbing one and Cincy may be ok with waiting until 2021 when Fields and Lawrence come out. I also expect Fromm to stay in for his senior year. 

Also, even if Young falls to us, I'd be ok trading down and grabbing someone like AJ Epenesa. Dude looked like a beast today.

Looks like Burrow should be a lock to be the first QB off the board in April. He's playing lights out right now too, and just hit a 60 yard bomb for a TD. 

As for Tua, I really hope he's OK. He's one hell of a talent, and would make a dynamic NFL player. 

57 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bruce would want to draft Tua now.

I would want to draft Tua as well.

I wanted to draft Jaylon Smith also, but the Cows got to him first.  He was banged up and hat a so-called career threatening injury as well.  I would be all over Tua if he dropped to the 3rd or 4th.  He will bounce back and become a stud QB in the league.  If we can let Alex Smith sit for 2 years then we can certainly replace him with a cheaper and more talented player who can sit for a year.

I think Tua will rehab at Alabama, come back for his Senior Year and prove one way or another whether he can stay healthy.  If so he'll be #1 next year.  Hips are usually a lingering problem (Bo knows) so it's a long shot he ever fully returns.  I'd love to see DH play well enough to prove he is the man without winning (not exactly sure how that will happen) and we take Chase with the #2.  I'd even be OKif we could turn the #2 into a haul of picks to fully start out rebuild.

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

You mean Joe Burrow.

I think the draft process will see Herbert elevated above him. Accuracy is a big factor. Realize I could have this wrong, but to me he's the better prospect. Honestly, I have no doubts. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out. 

38 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

I think the draft process will see Herbert elevated above him. Accuracy is a big factor. Realize I could have this wrong, but to me he's the better prospect. Honestly, I have no doubts. 

I guess we'll see how it plays out. 

Wait are you saying Herbert has better accuracy than Burrow? I can’t find your original post. 

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

No way Tua comes back to Bama. He may not even be ready for the season and if he complete falls apart he may not even be drafted at all. He'll still go in the first round this year.

Some reports have Tua never playing again.  Hope that isn't the case - damn shame.

12 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The Redskins don't have a 2nd-round pick.  With the possible exception of Chase Young, shouldn't the Redskins trade down to recoup that pick?

I think we need to be a #2 to get Young now.  I leaned that way previously but now to me its slam dunk.     I wouldn't trade down from that #2.  But I'd trade down from any other spot. 

On another note, I am an idiot for switching to Netflix and turning off the Baylor-Oklahoma game after the first half  😀

Archived