Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

The bengals have a qb coach as their head coach, and have benched Andy Dalton for the rest of the season. If they don’t draft a qb with the first, I would be blown away. 

Perhaps if Finley showed something, this would be a more difficult decision. But right now, you take the best qb you can and work out the rest later. 

19 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah if the Bengals decided that they couldn't pass on Chase Young then our #2 could be highly valuable. There'd probably be a few teams who may look to trade up for Burrow. If that happens and we got a really nice offer then I'd definitely trade down. I really like Okudah and Jeudy but IMO neither of them are the sort of prospects that Young is. 

Okudah would be great at 3 or 4, but at that point we might be thinking LT and it's too deep at WR to go for one that high.

You only trade back from 2 if chase young is gone at 1. ONLY. Dont ruin it. Dont overthink it. You grab the best pass rusher that's came out in the past 5+ years. Who is touted as better than bosa. Hell...you argue within reason going up to first overall for him. 

Somebody proposed trading back to fins for 3rd overall and drafting young...exactly who would they be targeting? Burrow? Tua? If burrow is gone you draft young and you let them take tua. Or whomever. 

4 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

You only trade back from 2 if chase young is gone at 1. ONLY. Dont ruin it. Dont overthink it. You grab the best pass rusher that's came out in the past 5+ years. Who is touted as better than bosa. Hell...you argue within reason going up to first overall for him. 

Somebody proposed trading back to fins for 3rd overall and drafting young...exactly who would they be targeting? Burrow? Tua? If burrow is gone you draft young and you let them take tua. Or whomever. 

Didn't realise I was this drunk. Seeing double, triple, best go for a sleep 

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

The perfect scenario if Redskins end up with second pick and Miami ends up with third. Dolphins trade Redskins there 3rd and 17th (or 24th) to move to second so that they can get 2nd best QB. Redskins draft Young. Ala the 49ers and Bears from 2017. 

IMO this scenario went out the window with Tua's injury. I could still seem him taken in the top 10 possibly, if his recovery goes really well. But there's no way he goes top 2 now. Prior to the injury I could see a scenario where we'd be at 2, the Phins would be at 3, and they'd give us some picks to move up to 2 and make sure they get either Tua or Burrow...but not anymore. Even in that scenario (no Tua injury), the Giants may well end up at #3 and I WILL LITERALLY CRY if the Giants get Chase Young, so even without Tua's injury I'd never move from #2 to #4 if NYG were at #3. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His get off really is insane. But to me what's even more impressive about him is how strong and loose his hips are and how consistently he's able to bend the edge. If you watch his cutups one thing you'll notice is that he hardly ever gets run up field past the QB when he's pass rushing. He's almost always able to either bend the edge and create that hard angle into the QB after his initial outside rush, or he's able to counter and go inside. IMO that's one of the things that is the difference between good pass rushers and elite pass rushers in the NFL...between a guy who almost gets to the QB plenty of times, and guy who puts up monster sack numbers. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My absolute nightmare would be if Cincy doesn't like Burrow enough and NYG jumps to #1 and takes Chase Young. That guy would be an absolute nightmare for us for the next decade. He'd put up 4+ sacks on us per year almost guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

“Top Story: Has Dwayne Haskins embraced the tank for Chase Young?”

Haskins once on twitter more or less flat out said he wants Young here.  So that's twice now.  Hopefully a good omen.  The more I think about it, tomorrow's game is big on that front.   The Lions are beatable.    If they lose tomorrow, I think they are in the driver's seat for the 2nd pick.  I actually think Cincy might win a game too considering they got some beatable opponents coming up and they've been more competitive in some games then we have been.

I'm not seeing anything out of Haskins that leads me to believe he is going to be a franchise QB here. SO, what if we were to use our 1st rounder for a sure thing at any position of need, and then go with Jake Fromm early in the second? He isn't a sexy pick, but he's a solid performer on a top 4 team.  

I agree with what someone else said earlier (not sure who it was or if it was in this thread) but.....I almost wish Chase Young he would slow down a bit. He's going to make it REALLY hard to the #1 pick to pass on him. I feel like we need to hire the guys from Inception and infiltrate Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor's dreams and convince them that the Bengals absolutely MUST take a QB with the #1 pick no matter what. 

6 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm not seeing anything out of Haskins that leads me to believe he is going to be a franchise QB here. SO, what if we were to use our 1st rounder for a sure thing at any position of need, and then go with Jake Fromm early in the second? He isn't a sexy pick, but he's a solid performer on a top 4 team.  

Haskins has started two games, they aren't going to give up on him unless he literally throws for 0 TDs and 20 INTs on the rest of the season.

As for Fromm, he's show himself this season to be exceptionally mediocre. He actually reversed course...he was trending up and was consistently getting better from 2017 to 2018 and now this year he just looks bleh from what I've watched, and his stats are way down too. After last season I expected him to be an easy 1st rounder this draft since I was assuming he'd continue his upward trend. Now I wouldn't be surprised if he stays for his senior season. As it is he's probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. Someone might pull the trigger on him in the 2nd but IMO that would be a reach.

56 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

Because you have no ability to evaluate talent. 

9 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well I can think of at least one other situation it would be wise trade back - Chase Young tells the Skins not to draft him because he won't play for them (and don't say this couldn't happen- given how the Redskins have laid out for the world to see on how they operate). 

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

Well I can think of at least one other situation it would be wise trade back - Chase Young tells the Skins not to draft him because he won't play for them. 

I doubt that would happen...he doesn't seem the whiny **** type like Eli. But IF that somehow happened, I'd work out a trade like the Eli/Rivers one, where we draft him then trade him on draft day for either another drafted player + picks or just a bunch of picks. That way we can decide who we work with and can send him to some rando AFC team instead of letting him fall to the Giants at #3, which is simply unacceptable. That or we trade the pick to some team other than the Giants who we know are moving up to draft Young and not someone else. 

I refuse to watch a NYG Chase Young destroy us twice a year for the next decade. 

And you know he would eat us alive. I really would hate to see either jeudy or young on the giants!

Listen legit @mistertim im with you. I again would argue even moving up one spot from 2 to 1 to secure chase young. Hes just that filthy of a rusher. And he has great disengagement on blocks to stop runs. Dude is an absolute monster. Lol if you're on madden when you scout this guy...it says a-a-a and hes on top of the board. I pray if Bengals go number one they draft a qb. I think theres that high possibility cause Zac taylor is gonna want his hand picked qb. 

First post in a long time. I’ve been following this website since 2000 and the draft is my favorite part of the off-season. I went into yesterday’s Ohio State game trying to get another look at Chase Young. I came away very impressed by number 73 the left guard. Every down he was pushing his man 3-5 yards down the field. I read up about him and most sites have a 4th round grade. I see a Incognito type player in that small sample size. 

Archived