Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess now we have to be at 2 for Young. 

If young goes 1rst, the trade war for 2 gets super hot for a trade back.

Agree.  The next two games I think are interesting on that front.  The Jets aren't good.  And the Lions will likely be without Stafford.  I think they could win those 2.  i don't think they can win any of the rest. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess now we have to be at 2 for Young. 

If young goes 1rst, the trade war for 2 gets super hot for a trade back.

I don’t see it that way. Young to me is the only player teams would trade up for now that Tua is our. I like Burrow but don’t see teams giving up the farm to move up for him.

5 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Redskins don't have a 2nd-round pick.  With the possible exception of Chase Young, shouldn't the Redskins trade down to recoup that pick?

Takes two to tango. Tons of teams were trying to trade back last year but seems no one wanted to give up picks.

For the last several weeks I have been on the Chase Young bandwagon,  actually it was him or Tua and I would have been extremely happy. Now that Tua has a possible career ending injury and looking at just how terrible we are I am at the point where I say trade down and get as many picks as we can.  Yeah players like Young doesn't grow on trees but my God we are bad, and we need a influx of talent just about everywhere.  

11 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

The Redskins don't have a 2nd-round pick.  With the possible exception of Chase Young, shouldn't the Redskins trade down to recoup that pick?

Trent Williams will fill that pick IMO.

4 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The Tua news is awful. Now, with Burrow being the only franchise QB worth taking high makes it crucial we lose out. 

Hebert is going to go high as well. He has everything you are looking for in a franchise QB. In fact I wont be shocked if some teams have him rated higher than Burrow. The one year wonder thing is very real.

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hebert is going to go high as well. He has everything you are looking for in a franchise QB. In fact I wont be shocked if some teams have him rated higher than Burrow. The one year wonder thing is very real.

Some teams might, but Herbert hasn't had a season even close to as good as the one Burrow is having right now. Plus it's against SEC defenses as well, it just seems like he's either put it all together or has been given the green light. 

I’ll say what I always say... what a terrible year not to have a second rounder (one that basically would have been equivalent to a late 1st). It is hard to find a position group that doesn’t need an influx of talent. Aside from maybe DL, there isn’t a single unit that couldn’t use 1-2 early round additions. 

We better pray that Haskins develops, because that pick also led us to foolishly spending 2 2nd rounders on Sweat. If we have to draft over him with another QB next year, with no 2nd, where in the world are we going to get our desperately needed help at OL, TE, WR2, CB etc...? 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Trent Williams will fill that pick IMO.

Not a snowballs chance in hell do we get a pick that good now for Williams. (It will either be a 3rd and another pick or nothing at all - latter is if Allen decides it's better to keep and sit him than go through the embarrassment of getting only a 3rd and another pick). 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Full recovery physically yes, but it's hard to think what a injury like this does to the mind.  If it was anything else such as the ankle or even ACL that's one thing but honestly how often do you see guys breaking their hip.  I wonder if this is something that can happen again because the joint has been damaged or does it have a lifelong effect on mobility.  So many questions right now because it's not a common injury for young athletes.  

Some scouts wondered whether Tua will return to Alabama for his senior season—the QB has one year of eligibility remaining (it was assumed that he would forego that final year to enter the 2020 draft), and it’s a fair question. The benefit of returning for his senior season would be to prove to NFL evaluators he can come back from this serious injury and return to his previous level of play. The downside, obviously, is risking further injury without getting paid NFL money, and the possibility of failing to play at the same level as he was pre-hip injury, which would certainly lower his stock. If he declares for the 2020 draft, a team can still talk themselves into that best possible outcome for Tagovailoa.

It’s too early to tell how long Tagovailoa will be rehabbing, or when he’ll be cleared to play again, but ultimately, that will be the determining factor on his draft stock.

“Yes, the injury will be a major factor,” one evaluator said. “It will all be based on the team doctor’s recommendation to the GM. Period.”

There is an argument to made that Tagovailoa shouldn’t have been playing at all in that game, with Alabama leading Mississippi State 35-7 and with the QB still recovering from his latest ankle procedure. Tagovailoa underwent a “tightrope” procedure—a cutting-edge surgery designed to speed up recovery and allow him to return faster—for a high right ankle sprain on October 20. 

Tagovailoa was focused on returning for the Crimson Tide’s game against LSU last week, a decision that Alabama head coach Nick Saban said he largely left up to his quarterback; Tua started, but there were moments of doubt during that game. Now with hindsight 20/20 vision, maybe a quarterback on the verge of earning significant money as a top draft pick should prioritize his long term health for the NFL over the short-term ability to extend his college season.

“If he’s on pace to be back for the start of next season, I think he'll be fine,” another scout said. “And all it takes is one team to take a chance on him... Example: Jaylon Smith.”

...One scout said he expects Tagovailoa to still be in the discussion for top quarterback in the class, but it will all depend on the medical reports.

Nothing is certain when it comes to Tagovailoa anymore, but there’s one clear result of his injury: Tua’s name will now be used alongside Smith’s as cautionary tales for top draft prospects.

Bengals

Joe Burrow

QB, LSU

Burrow has played himself into the No. 1 overall pick, much to the liking of Cincinnati who is primed to move on from Andy Dalton. Burrow, an Ohio native who considered Cincinnati when transferring from Ohio State, will fit in perfectly with the community and set the course forward for the Bengals offense under the direction of Zac Taylor.

Redskins

Chase Young

EDGE, Ohio State

Yea, I know edge rusher isn’t the biggest need for the Redskins but a prospect like Young transcends need and he simply cannot be passed on by the first team on the board that doesn’t have a critical need at quarterback. Young is one of those special, top-of-the-first-round pass rushers that profiles as a true difference-maker. They have to take him.

Giants

Jerry Jeudy

WR, Alabama

How about a go-to receiver for Daniel Jones? That’s exactly what New York would get in Jeudy, who is an elite route runner with terrific ball skills. Joining a supporting cast around Jones that features Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate would give New York an extremely potent group of weapons. 

Dolphins

Jeffrey Okudah

CB, Ohio State

Miami claiming two victories and the hip injury to Tua Tagovailoa complicates the Dolphins’ opportunity to draft a premiere quarterback in the coming draft. With that said, they shouldn’t panic because the right opportunity will come in time and Okudah is an elite corner prospect. He could pair with Xavien Howard to provide Miami with an exciting tandem at a position of great importance.

Jets

Andrew Thomas

OT, Georgia

The Jets have holes all over the roster, but nothing should be of a higher priority than improving the offensive line in front of franchise quarterback Sam Darnold. New York’s current starters are replacement level players, both on expiring contracts and Thomas has the makings of a premiere left tackle for years to come. He’s battle-tested, facing the best of the best in the SEC.

Buccaneers

Tristan Wirfs

OT, Iowa

If Bruce Arians is going to showcase his signature vertical passing offense, the offensive line has to be upgraded to afford the quarterback more time to throw. Wirfs is arguably the most physically gifted prospect in the rising class and he has the makeup of a dominant NFL offensive tackle. Now to figure out the quarterback position…

Broncos

Isaiah Simmons

LB, Clemson

Perhaps this pick comes as a surprise to you, but I love Simmons’ fit in Vic Fangio’s defense. A rare blend of size, strength and explosiveness, Simmons is the perfect mold of defender needed to work on the defensive second level in today’s NFL. In a division that features Patrick Mahomes, a player like Simmons becomes even more valuable because of his range, versatility and ability to win in space.

Falcons

Derrick Brown

IDL, Auburn

Changes are coming in Atlanta, but regardless of what those might be, this team must get better along the defensive line. Brown is an exceptional talent that is indescribably explosive for a man of his stature. He is a stout run defender, powerful pass rusher and the type of impact playmaker this defense needs.

Cardinals

CeeDee Lamb

WR, Oklahoma

As much as I wanted to give Arizona a player to help in trenches, Lamb is just too perfect. Reunited with Kyler Murray, Lamb’s size, physicality and ball skills would give the former No. 1 overall pick a true go-to receiver in Kliff Kingsbury’s offense. This would be fun.

Lions

A.J. Epenesa

EDGE, Iowa

Epenesa is the type of defensive linemen that Matt Patricia drools over -- long, powerful, heavy-handed and versatile. While Detroit may have more pressing needs than another defensive linemen, this fit is too perfect to pass on in this scenario.

Jaguars

Henry Ruggs III

WR, Alabama

It has been a long time since Jacksonville’s passing offense was scary, but adding Ruggs to the mix is a lot to deal with for opponents. DJ Chark is emerging for Jacksonville, but the rest of the receiver corps lacks consistency. Ruggs is a complete receiver with legit 4.2 speed and very few - if any - NFL defenses have an answer for him. Dare I say… dynamic offense in Jacksonville?

Browns

Jedrick Wills

OT, Alabama

Cleveland beefed up its roster last offseason, creating excitement and expectations that haven’t come to fruition. The offense hasn’t clicked, due in large to a depleted offensive line. Chris Hubbard has been a trainwreck at right tackle and Wills has been one of the most dominant blockers in the nation. His pass sets are beautiful and he’s a powerful run blocker.

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Another QB I’ve forgotten about that i think is going to be available in the draft is Jake Fromm. 

For those that follow college football, would he be a decent option with either the #1 or #2 overall pick? 

Absolutely not. Fromm is garbage. We need to stay away from him. He is the definition of mediocre.

This isn't a foolproof measure of dominance, but Andrew Thomas got PFF team of the week against Auburn: https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-week-12-eckrich-team-of-the-week

Get yourselves ready for him to be the draft pick.

This was also Shane Lemieux's 47th time making team of the week.  We need to draft this man.

I also need to check out Ezra Cleveland and Tyler Lindebaum.  I don't remember even noticing Lindebaum.  All of the Iowa offensive snaps I've seen were spent watching the tackles.

12 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Why?

I'm not saying you take one w/ the 1st rounder. But you have to draft a QB in the mid rounds. And draft one every year. Keep throwing one in the mix every year. The reason is you never know when one blossoms. You never know when your starter either gets hurt or underperforms. Back in the old days when the team was a regular SB contending type of team Qb's were drafted all the time. Jay S, Humphries, Ryp, Conklin and even Cousins in 2012.

Archived