Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

Wildbunny

On 8/23/2019 at 7:21 AM, JaxJoe said:

I thought Harmon played well last night against Atlanta. He gets open and adjusts to the ball so we’ll. Granted he’s going against 2’s and 3’s, but I think he makes the 53. Such good hands. 

Dare we say he could become what we hoped Doctson would be, but much better than Doctson has been ?

On 8/25/2019 at 2:16 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Dare we say he could become what we hoped Doctson would be, but much better than Doctson has been ?

There's always hope. But for as much as people want to run Doctson out of town, he's been the second most productive Redskins WR draft pick since Rod Gardner. Only Jamison Crowder has been better. And that's nearly two decades of draft picks. I know everyone always thinks the best and is optimistic of young players. But a lot of them don't pan out. There were fans who thought Devin Thomas was the answer. Or Taylor Jacobs. Or Malcolm Kelly. Or Marko Mitchell. Or Leonard Hankerson. Or Aldrick Robinson. Pretty much all of those guys wish they were as successful as Doctson. So while people can dream of Harmon hitting it big, odds are he doesn't. And if Harmon can be as "good" as Doctson has been his first three years, that actually would make him one of the most successful WRs this team has drafted in a long time. Anything more is just icing on the cake.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:11 PM, Burgold said:

I really love the logic of... Well, we didn't see the foul in the video footage so the call stands because the foul must have occurred off camera. It's a get out of jail free card. It's also bull.

It was a lame justification of a terrible call that was actually far more troubling than the call itself.  The ref ****ed up and they should have left it there.  If they had actually meant to call Harmon for contact during the route, they probably wouldn't have thrown the flag so late.  And nobody should ever get flagged for that kind of run of the mill handfighting that happens on almost every vertical stem.  Being physical out of your break is part of good receiver play.

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

There's always hope. But for as much as people want to run Doctson out of town, he's been the second most productive Redskins WR draft pick since Rod Gardner. Only Jamison Crowder has been better. And that's nearly two decades of draft picks. I know everyone always thinks the best and is optimistic of young players. But a lot of them don't pan out. There were fans who thought Devin Thomas was the answer. Or Taylor Jacobs. Or Malcolm Kelly. Or Marko Mitchell. Or Leonard Hankerson. Or Aldrick Robinson. Pretty much all of those guys wish they were as successful as Doctson. So while people can dream of Harmon hitting it big, odds are he doesn't. And if Harmon can be as "good" as Doctson has been his first three years, that actually would make him one of the most successful WRs this team has drafted in a long time. Anything more is just icing on the cake.

This is like saying you're happy with your D+  on the math test because the kid next to you got an F.  If 50/50 Gardner is the measuring stick by which Redskins WR draft picks are measured...you don't have much of a stick.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like Harmon.  I would like to see him become our #2 receiver.  He doesn't have breakaway speed, but he makes the one on one catches.  He is as physical as it gets.  If you watch his highlights at NC State, he was never open but Finley threw at him and he made plays.  He's also hard to tackle, he drags corners.  I had him going in the third round and I thought it was a steal getting him in the sixth.  We need Haskins to trust him like Finley did.  

I like this kid, and I think he'll be good. Like a lot of the young talent on this team, though, you have to clean house of these coaches and bring in a group of coaches who can maximize their talents. I really like Cavanaugh, but the way the coaching staff was put together and utilized under Gruden never gave Cavanaugh a chance to do his thing. That's a real shame.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Harmon and did before the draft.  But this draft is likely historic at WR so we will have an opportunity in all likelihood to get a good one especially if they get a high pick for Trent. 

But if we have a chance at Young or a CB or  LT. I hate forcing draft picks, and no matter how good a draft is, it doesn't stop us from drafting a Doctson or a Gartner 

30 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But if we have a chance at Young or a CB or  LT. I hate forcing draft picks, and no matter how good a draft is, it doesn't stop us from drafting a Doctson or a Gartner 

I was on Chase Young months back before it even became cool, so yeah I'd love Young.  They got to finish though top 2 to get him IMO.  My point isn't about forcing a pick.  It's never about forcing a pick with me.  But I don't love coming into this draft with the idea of skipping WR -- its a deep draft.  We are hyping Harmon.  He was a 6th round pick.  Everything isn't obviously just about our first round pick, we will have plenty of shots at the well. 

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was on Chase Young months back before it even became cool, so yeah I'd love Young.  They got to finish though top 2 to get him IMO.  My point isn't about forcing a pick.  It's never about forcing a pick with me.  But I don't love coming into this draft with the idea of skipping WR -- its a deep draft.  We are hyping Harmon.  He was a 6th round pick.  Everything isn't obviously just about our first round pick, we will have plenty of shots at the well. 

The nature of this draft, if we miss out and draft 4rth or 5th, I would value tackle over WR, just because of the talent disparity. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The nature of this draft, if we miss out and draft 4rth or 5th, I would value tackle over WR, just because of the talent disparity. 

Me, too.    The draft though is deep.  Case in point, i love Jerry Jeudy who is likely going top 10 but i like almost as much Devonta Smith from the same school who will likely be available in the 2nd.    Ditto guys like Tylan Wallace,  or Higgins etc.  It will likely be a feast at the Wr spot especially in the first 3 rounds IMO. 

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Me, too.    The draft though is deep.  Case in point, i love Jerry Jeudy who is likely going top 10 but i like almost as much Devonta Smith from the same school who will likely be available in the 2nd.    Ditto guys like Tylan Wallace,  or Higgins etc.  It will likely be a feast at the Wr spot especially in the first 3 rounds IMO. 

Wait...theres a player coming out named jerry jeudy?.

Archived