Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kelvin Harmon WR North Carolina State

Wildbunny

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In my own personal experience, I have torn ligaments. And it required surgery. It took me over 2 years to be able to run full speed, etc.

On the other hand, every case is different.

I wouldn't count him out.

Just observing what seems to be the pace and projection.

100%

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

In my own personal experience, I have torn ligaments. And it required surgery. It took me over 2 years to be able to run full speed, etc.

On the other hand, every case is different.

I wouldn't count him out.

Just observing what seems to be the pace and projection.

Every case is definitely different.  If I tore my ligaments, it wouldn't take me long at all to get back to moving as slow as I do now.

I think the biggest examples of quick turnarounds are peterson and edelman.  They were full speed and a force by the following season.  

I expect Harmon to get a lot of snaps and make his share of catches, but I don't think we should be counting on him to start.  I think out of Harmon, cam Sims, and gandy golden, we can only keep two of those at most.  Maybe even just one.  

I still have hope for him if he can get back to what he was pre-injury. Better player than Sims or Gandy-Golden all day long for me. 

Also Harmon is a tall, great route runner who can make contested catches. Go back to his college tape and you'll see him make some outrageous catches in traffic. On paper he's a really good fit with Fitzmagic at QB. 

On 3/17/2021 at 11:11 AM, Morrison J said:

I still have hope for him if he can get back to what he was pre-injury. Better player than Sims or Gandy-Golden all day long for me. 

Also Harmon is a tall, great route runner who can make contested catches. Go back to his college tape and you'll see him make some outrageous catches in traffic. On paper he's a really good fit with Fitzmagic at QB. 

And he blocks his tush off.  I think he’ll be ready for the season, but I don’t know that he’ll be back to his old self.  
It’s funny, I can see him as a good fit for Fitzpatrick as you say, but coaches are looking for speed and ability to stretch the field.  I could see Harmon landing anywhere from starting at Z to off the team.

6 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the kid, especially if you don't know what role the offensive coaches have for him. It could be markedly different than what you all think.

I stand corrected.  The video above shows he is making huge strides.  Glad to see this.  :)

20 hours ago, skinny21 said:

And he blocks his tush off.  I think he’ll be ready for the season, but I don’t know that he’ll be back to his old self.  
It’s funny, I can see him as a good fit for Fitzpatrick as you say, but coaches are looking for speed and ability to stretch the field.  I could see Harmon landing anywhere from starting at Z to off the team.

I wouldn't rule out him being a long term solution to the TE issue either. Has all the tools to be our next Niles Paul if needed. A position where we might be able to hide his lack of speed a bit better too. 

On 3/24/2021 at 1:08 AM, RWJ said:

I stand corrected.  The video above shows he is making huge strides.  Glad to see this.  :)

I mean yes, particularly pushing for the catch, but at the same time those few steps out of the first break are so slow. 

I am not sold on Curtis outside - we more now have 2 new slot guys. Sure Samuel logged catches out wide but are we going to move him out wide full time? I prefer a big #2 and am not converting Harmon until we have someone better. Maybe Cam Sims otherwise we kinda suck ass at drafting WRs and think we are done in FA. 

We do have flexibility to move Curtis around and we are much improved at WR regardless.  I think moving Harmon to TE is more about not trying to draft any and thinking we have a void there. I think the void at #2 is bigger than TE since we at least now have a proper hands #1.  I love the idea of 2 hands TEs on the field at the same time though.

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

I am not sold on Curtis outside - we more now have 2 new slot guys. Sure Samuel logged catches out wide but are we going to move him out wide full time? I prefer a big #2 and am not converting Harmon until we have someone better. Maybe Cam Sims otherwise we kinda suck ass at drafting WRs and think we are done in FA. 

We do have flexibility to move Curtis around and we are much improved at WR regardless.  I think moving Harmon to TE is more about not trying to draft any and thinking we have a void there. I think the void at #2 is bigger than TE since we at least now have a proper hands #1.  I love the idea of 2 hands TEs on the field at the same time though.

I find the fact that he's been used as a RB at times in Carolina intriguing too. I can see him being used in the backfield at times too. 

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

I find the fact that he's been used as a RB at times in Carolina intriguing too. I can see him being used in the backfield at times too. 

I agree. But truth be told I am still waiting for Gibson to be split out wide / used in the passing game, so won't hold my breath on anything significant other than a handful of ok mostly fake jets etc.

10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Y'all act like every large slow WR can become the next great TE, the same way we used old CBs to become the next great FS like we did with DeAngelo Hall.

True dat.  It also seems like most every DB we draft is a ballhawk.   I have a little theory about that. It's easy to nab INTs when you freelance against ****ty college programs or in OTAs. When you get to the pros, coaches won't have any of that crap and the younguns wings get clipped.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Y'all act like every large slow WR can become the next great TE, the same way we used old CBs to become the next great FS like we did with DeAngelo Hall.

Massive difference between trying to move an old washed CB to being a starting FS and moving a young 23 year old WR to TE though. We did it with Niles Paul previously and our current best TE literally transitioned from QB lol. It's not a reach to think Harmon can do it too. 

51 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Massive difference between trying to move an old washed CB to being a starting FS and moving a young 23 year old WR to TE though. We did it with Niles Paul previously and our current best TE literally transitioned from QB lol. It's not a reach to think Harmon can do it too. 

It's a huge stretch. Just because an awful team, gutted of talent did it and it kinda worked for a few years, doesn't make it a success. 

On 3/16/2021 at 7:06 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Yall need to stop bumping this thread until after FA. I keep thinking we signed an injured, slow 6th round pick again.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's a huge stretch. Just because an awful team, gutted of talent did it and it kinda worked for a few years, doesn't make it a success. 

just to clarify, we haven’t signed an injured, slow 6th round pick again...

oh wait, you bumped it..:evil:

3 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Harmon would be more H-Back/FB. He doesn't have the frame to get up to 240. AGG is a much better candidate to become a move TE given he is 6-4 and his frame looks like it could take on another 15 pounds

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Ha I just came here to suggest lets convert him to fullback.

Jokingly.

I cannot ever recall a WR converted to fullback. 

Yeah, you Cant do that. Although it is acceptable to convert a LB to FB. So you're getting just a little bit ahead of yourself. First we need to convert Harmon to LB. ( I'd suggest WILL.) Then AFTER that fails, we can convert him to FB.

Or we could just realize that he catches the damn ball and blocks well and leave him at WR in the mold of Pierre Garcon.

Archived