Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bryce Love RB Stanford

PCS

Dislike this pick. Been making picks all draft based on need anyway. Why go "BPA" now when huge holes still exist at G/FS?

Yeah, we got a G with the next pick, but we also missed out on FS by having to do so. I don't get picking a backup 3rd down RB over potential starters at G/FS.

I'll go on record saying we IR him in 2019.

This is the last year of CT25s contract. AP might be a one year outing, like the value of taking a high end guy with forward thinking. 

Everyone wants BPA before need then moans like **** when we take a RB :ols:

2 hours ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Head-scratcher pick for me. Why Love in the 4th? With FS Dionte Thompson, OG Ross Pierschbacher and WR Kelvin Harmon all still on the board and they go small, injured RB in the 4th? Yuck. First pick I hate by the Redskins so far.

We're on last pick of round 5 and 1 of these guys on the team and another not drafted. Maybe our scouts know more than us

7 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

We're on last pick of round 5 and 1 of these guys on the team and another not drafted. Maybe our scouts know more than us

Maybe our scouts are being ignored, in order to try and lure the fanbase back with "star power and sizzle"...

If he still has the speed I can understand the pick.  Grudens offense is at its best when the QB is getting the ball out quickly to players that can eat up yards after the catch.  Those quick passes are often to running backs, even if us fans get annoyed with just how often this is the case.  A running back that can shoot up field quickly fits.  If he can get healthy he might fill a role here.

55 minutes ago, THE HAMMER'IN HOG said:

There is a reason we have drafted a RB 9 straight years, we ain't getting it right!!!! And IMO; still haven't!!! 

I was hoping no one posted this, but it's true.  

This guy will be the 4th running back to make sure Perine or Rob don't make the roster finally.

We ended up getting some lineman after the Love pick so that should calm a lot of concerns about getting Love in the 4th round.  I was very surprised they went for a running back but I have followed Stanford football for a few years now and the Head Coach not only knows college ball but he also knows pro football.  He is saying to ESPN that Love will produce for us once he gets back on the field again.  We shall see if this risk was worth in 2020.   By then Adrian Peterson will not be on the team most likely.

Everyone keeps talking about Love as a CT clone. That aint him. Yes. He is fast. but he is also powerful and plays with a nasty chip on his shoulder. I LOVE THIS PICK. And I completely understand why Guice is confused about it. He just got some SERIOUS competition in the room for carries. Love is a beast. Plain and simple. 

3 hours ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Head-scratcher pick for me. Why Love in the 4th? With FS Dionte Thompson, OG Ross Pierschbacher and WR Kelvin Harmon all still on the board and they go small, injured RB in the 4th? Yuck. First pick I hate by the Redskins so far.

We ended up with two of these three players later on (one WAY later on) and the one we didn't take, it is being reported, has a degenerative knee condition that led to his slide.

This post reminds me of the Baccari Rambo slide, where we finally got him anyways...4 rounds later than people were screaming for. Chill.

I actually think Guice's tweet is being misinterpreted and he made that face at Schefter reporting about him having a setback. That was true, a while ago, but Schefter was making it sound like it was why we took Love. It all happened in the same segment where he sent the tweet.

I read that this guy wants to become a doctor.  It would be awesome if he earned his MD while he was still in the NFL.  I would hope the guy would be able to have "Dr. Love" on his jersey. Sounds like a smooth operator.  

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why so many comparisons and replacement claims to Thompson ?

Just because he's fast ?

He's never been a big pass-catching back.

His size means he's NOT an every down back.   He's not replacing Thompson.   He's functional in the role of Thompson, if he can catch, and is a good change of pace back.   

Archived